O'Brien Glass Industries

26: O'Brien Glass Industries Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Fun place to work

Great culture, tight knit employee relationships, professional atmosphere yet loads of fun at the same time. Busy environment, never a dull moment. Good fun

Pros

Cons

No downtime

Beg for more staff due to stressful workloads but get nothing so I recently resigned acted 2.5 years and then most of my colleagues did too.

I was great at my job, I enjoyed doing it but the work load was ever growing and I begged for help for months, we needed more staff. I was told we aren't making enough money, despite the fact we are booked out almost 2 weeks in advance constantly.My colleague even cried at work due to stress and it was documented in email complaints to higher management. Yet nothing happens.Do not get a desk job here.

Pros

Occasional vouchers for good work. Colleagues are nice at branch level.

Cons

Long hours, high work load, insufficient staffing & training

Cooperate Run Business which speaks about it values but falls well short.

The Company is far to top heavy, They focus more on administration roles, and less focus on the key productive technicians. The Ratio for indirect verse direct labour is far out of balance.

Do not work there

Micro management with demanding up sell of over over priced products in a competitive market. High turn over of staff as they only care about profit and using people.Poor training and support.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, pressure to up sell

Do not work here

Obrien glass padstow has the worst management. I was recently sacked but maddie from hr did not give me any chances whatsoever. They make you work like dogs and expect you to do ot for not even the right amount of money. Pathetic do not work here. No matter how much you try to do your best at the job they only give you a couple of days to learn the system and how everything runs and then immediately put on the floor expecting u to know everything. Poorly managed! However the staff there are awesome. Management is just pathetic.

There’s more culture in yoghurt

It’s all about the politicking and apparatchik of recalcitrant management. Be prepared for daily performance reviews, minimum wages, the donkey and carrot treatment of commissions and bonuses.Be prepared to be taken to rooms for constant critiques, zero prospect of advancement in the company and see management flat out lie. Also, the rostering. Be prepared for no two days with the same starting time. Split weekends are their thing. Management don’t like being questioned or challenged. There’s also been 24 groups of new hires in the space of 2 years. Unless you’re in danger of being homeless, avoid this joke of a job unless you don’t value work/life balance or job security.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

See review. Avoid.

Not a good company to work for

I was a storeman/driver.Copped a lot of bullying from management. Never satisfied with what you do.Very hard to to get along with.Would not recommend job to anyone

Pros

Good staff members.

Cons

Bad management

Work Bullying and harrassment is the norm

The management team only cares about the image of the company and not the actual employees. harrassment and bullying gets swept under the rug and they try to forbid employees from speaking up about it. They also get rid of employees using fake reasons to benefit their image and most of the current employees know about this.

A rewarding and supportive team environment

At O'Briens you work as part of a team to meet your targets. It's a great environment to develop customer service, sales, time management and multitasking skills. Management will support you and encourage you to hit your goals. Hard work is always rewarded and there's heaps of progression opportunities within the business.

Typical kpi driven environment

The pay is low for what you do. Complicated internal processes means you work very hard for little reward. You can get paid a higher hourly rate for simpler work in many other companies. When you notify them you're leaving they make sure you don't get your last month's commissions. They will pick on the smallest mistakes you make.

Garbage

Not worth applying for a job with them. Not enough office work to keep me busy Limited to what I could do Only worked 2 hours a day 5 days a week want worth the effort of going in

Very friendly team to work with.

The contract was a really good one as it was high volume but also interesting. Lots of team interaction and with other staff all over Australia.Mainly dealing with suppliers of parts for windscreens of vehicles of all kinds.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Not anything I can think of.

Very driven and supportive company

I was given full autonomy to manage the business within company guidelines and supported to grow the business as required. manage all Regional and major accounts.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Large Company

Management have no real idea about the industry they are in.

I worked at Obrien's for 6 years, Mainly H&B. The biggest problem is that Management really have no idea about the industry they are in. They just keep repeating the same phrase " Its just putting glass in a Hole ". Also the culture of the company is terrible, when issues are raised management and the people who are involved take it as an attack on them personally.

Pros

Getting paid ontime

Cons

too Many

Serious about customer service

There have been multiple changes over the time that I have been with the company - some easier to go along with than others. A typical day involves answering phones, serving customers at the counter, sourcing and ordering parts, and data entry. The hardest part of the job is managing unhappy and sometimes abusive customers. The most enjoyable part is working with colleagues.

People at Branch are great to work with

Staff at Branch are great but management leads a lot to be desired. Lack of communication from Head Office. No feedback Bullying Issues don't get resolved just pushed under carpet.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Head Office

Horrible - padstow call centre

Absolutely poor management where staff including managers are rude and not approachable. not flexible or lenient with availability. You’re only ever recognised for doing mistakes but never recognised for doing good. They expect so much and more of you which wasn’t apart of the role that was advertised, with NO form of compensation. Turnover is high at the contact centre so expect for it to be understaffed at times. The culture of the call centre had become very intense and there’s a huge divide between management and associates.

Pros

few people

Cons

Almost everything

Great example of a corporate working well

Business that values it brand by looking after its customers and employees. If you show potential, there is an oppotunity. Perths remoteness at times was a disadvantage as sometimes felt like we were forgotten. This however is really a small whinge.

Pros

promotion opportunities and training.

Cons

distance from HO

Enjoyable place to work

Reviewed previus days trade and turnover.Planned the works for the upcoming day and weekAssisted in the field as requiredCompleted quotes as neededLearing Glazing standards was challenging but enjoyableCompleting high quality work and seeing the customers happy

Pros

Was able to work autonomously

Cons

Challenging market in Tasmania

Started in 2007 as a trainee completed trainee ship worked there for ten years managed the branch when boss was away wich was alot being a big company done all of the front office work Phones Banking Sceduling Rosters

Pros

Cons

To top heavy

Temp position. Extremely rewarding

This was another temp position which I have worked in. Diverse and quality range of jobs to be completed by the end of business. I learnt a new office procedure of accounts, and their system for running their very busy business

Pros

no pros

Cons

no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Brien Glass Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• O'Brien Glass Industries