O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Great team environment , really enjoyed working with external customer. Enjoyed managing different sites with slightly different requirements. Learnt my LSS skilled through this company.
Great work environment and has a very family like oriented work force. Fair pay and has flexible hours and a very organized and safe warehouse would recommend working there
I had the opportunity to learn about different aspects of mineral product manufacturing, and quality control. In addition to these, learning how to operate the IS forming machines at a basic level was very rewarding. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the job, was collaborating with teammates during production shifts.
conditions went downhill the last 5 years i was there. the american owners slashed working conditions and constant management changes disrupted any improvements that had been made over the yearsthe threats of closure and retrenchments created an atmosphere of fear and mistrust
Pros
pay rate
Cons
rotating shifts left little social life and disrupted family life
the job suited me as it could be quite challenging and physical at times. and although there was the usual basic duties and the day to day running could be mundane you never new what to expect as due to the nature of working on a machine manufacturing glassware running nonstop, things could change in an instant. i have never liked the idea of a desk job and like to able to use my initiative to problem solve. the factory ran on a culture of continual improvement, which, in my opinion is the only way a business can survive. most of the fellow workers were good to work with. as in any place, work or otherwise there were a few that were hard to get along with. it was said to see a high turn over in management and staff towards the end due to the gfc and subsequent downturn of the wine export market which was our mainstay.the resulting closure of machines from a peak of 6 down to two when i was retrench led to an atmosphere of unease and did bring out some nasty characteristics in a minority of people. which is understandable.but on the whole it was the best job i ever had for a number of reasons and the pay was good too.
Pros
physical, challenging, and unpredictable that may not sound like pros but to me they are.
Cons
extreme heat, overtime, led long hours, 16 hour days with overtime, this led to not much recovery time
Completing supply chain management system. Transaction data entry, management meetings, reporting to the senior management team on a daily basis.

The teams are full of great people and very friendly people to work with.
Pros
Great salary and team building
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Overall was a good job. My job as a Office Assistant OH& S Management and Multi Skilled Operator in O-I; allowed me to do a very good process of settlement in Australia at the same time allowed me to discover new abilities and skills that I didn’t know that I had, and overall it was an experience that served to prove to myself that there is nothing that I can achieve.
Pros
good money
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at O-I (Owens-Illinois)?