Oaks Hotels

24: Oaks Hotels Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Met great people but the organisation doesn't reward its staff

I enjoyed the people I worked with and found immediate managers easy to work with and happy to negotiate flexible work arrangements. However, Oaks as an company does little for its staff. Incentives are lacklustre and staff benefits are abysmal. Christmas parties always seemed like they were trying to host them for as little money as possible - as if rewarding employees for their hard work wasn't a thought to them. You very much felt like a number on a spreadsheet for this organisation. They're lucky to have good on-the-ground managers who do the work of caring for their people.

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, good team, relaxed work atmosphere

Cons

Feeling like a number, cost-cutting

Very bed

Very bad. Discusting, bad, didn’t like to work there. Very bad staff. Resist staff. Rubbish management. Very poor customer service and poor management

Pros

Staff were very rude

Cons

Staff don’t know how to talk with other employees

My experince as casual receptionist.

I got really excited when they have told me I was chosen for the job. That meant a new adventure was about to start and I was more than happy to be part of the team. About the team I have to say they were really nice to me, we had the chance to chat a bit when there were "dead moments" and that is very helpful when you have to do many hours of shift. The management was nice as well but honestly they did not organised a good training. As a trainee I felt alone sometimes as I did not had a mentor to guide me in this new job. I had the chance to learn mostly because I was asking multiple times to my collegues to help me to learn a specific task. I really hope that the give a mentor to the trainee for at least a couple weeks to let him/her learn how the job is, that would be so helpful! Also I truly believe that just half hour for lunch/dinner is too poor, employees deserves at least 1 hour for their lunch/dinner.

Pros

Nice environment where to work.

Cons

Lunch/dinner break of just 30 min.

It’s more fun working and have a good experience

I love all stuff specially my Manager, They are very generous and helpful. And very comfortable to work as the job is easy, we are all team and our communication is very Great

Productive flexibility supportive

Have worked here 2 years. Very good place to work for. Management is supportive. Flexible work hour. Finish work at 3:00pm good for mums with kids.coworkers are very friendly to each other and the supervisor is nice and give the jobs based on your ability.Everyone try hard to do best job to give customers best stay experience. Overall, is a good hotel to work for.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Fast pace

No worklife balance. Toxic corporate culture

While there is opportunity to progress, you are very much always in the deep end. There is no support from head office / corporate and they are completely out of touch with the rest of the company. You must give your life for this job. Dont expect to have any sleep schedule or social life here

Pros

Progression

Cons

Worked to the bone

Stressful, misleading job description

Stressful, unrealistic expectations for the pay, horrible work - life balance and expected to live and breathe work. Expected to come in on days off for staff meeting.

Cons

Long unpaid hours, no advancement, misleading job description, huge responsibilities

great place to work

Oaks hotels and resorts was a great company to work for. They had a good interview process and training was fantastic. Development reviews were great and allow promotions.

A day at work would be tiring running around cleaning for new guests, it kept me busy and was good exercise

Working as a house Keeper has its up and downs but it was good to be able to stay fit with the job and to learn house skills and work independently and work as a team. I enjoyed the work

Working at Milton Oaks as a Cleaner.

I have been working there for more than 2 years as a cleaner but never got treated fairly.There is a favoritism and preferance in milton oaks by hk manager.When roaster is made its useless, never follw the roaster. The manager give more works to their friends or relative (no matter whose roaster is for work). You are not sure you will get fair work. Some individuals are given special treatment at work. There is a work injustice which should be removed to make it a better place to work.I have been working from 2 years but never got traeted equally about work and hk manager makes fake promises to give some shifts but at last minute preferance is given to some other individual who is his/ her friends. Really , disappointing to work as a cleaner.

Dont do it

The management are brain washed in to think its there way or no way at all the management are bullying lower staff with there stand over tactic the work life balance os not there constantly phoned and emailed and sent photos of stuff

Ex9

Hospitality field I like the most. I like this kind of environment. As hoskeeper In this this field I giving 3 years still continue this as well. Due to this field I learned more things like punctuality, hardworking, good communication skills, honestly, well polite behaviour with all staff as well. Each day still I keep learning all new things.

Good place to learn your basics. Lots of scope

It’s a strata management business.Not very complicated but very interesting. The work environment is good, friendly team, people from other departments are good to work with. The busines is spread across Australia hence we get to meet new people everyday.

Productive and fun work place

Nice working environment and excellent management. Learned a lot of things about the customer service and enjoyed working with the management. A great place to start your career.

Productive and Fun Work place

They helped me to manage my education with work. Very supportive crew and Management. Enjoyed my 2 years! Whenever I need a leave the accepted it, but a limited crew working in the restaurant.

Pros

Flexible hours, Friendly team

Cons

Heavy work include for restaurant team such as conference room set ups

fun workplace

management giving trust and opportunity to the staff to run the operations. my self teach by the team leader from making coffee, cashier, conferencing, bar, and many more responsibilities.

Pros

free lunch and work long hours

Cons

less break

Fast paced and ever changing environment

Great place to work and learn things fast. For entry level sales positions it is a great place to start and work your way to entry level management sales roles. Hard to move up from entry level management as the next step is senior management.

Pros

work/life balance

Cons

not many staff benefits

I didn't really want to leave...

A very good working environment, great colleagues, plenty of opportunities to grow within the company and management is very approachable. I found that help was always just a question away, but was still encouraged to work out the answers for myself. Even if it wasn't the right one, I got guidance to find the right answer.

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement

Cons

Difficult work/life balance

Work team is good and friendly

I learned many things from this place and become experienced. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. There were gym and pool, so I used those tools to relax after my job.

Great and good to work for.

Good company to work for if you work hard you can see the benefits. And will let you work extra hours for some extra money. If you work hard and you are young there is a lot of hotels to improve you Curriculum Vitae.

Fast paced job with early start. training new housekeepers.

Most of the time I had to train new housekeepers joining the work showing them how the hotel is keen on providing clean and healthy environment for the guests. Training them how to clean and how to arrange the thins in the rooms and apartments etc. The Management was good there, very friendly and professional, always ready to accommodate the problems employees faced. The hardest part of the job was when I have to train a person who was not at all aware of the hospitality industry and had never worked at one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oaks Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Oaks Hotels with

Learn about Oaks Hotels in popular locations

• Oaks Hotels
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?