Oaks Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 January 2019
Nice working environment and excellent management. Learned a lot of things about the customer service and enjoyed working with the management. A great place to start your career.
Productive and Fun Work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 November 2018
They helped me to manage my education with work. Very supportive crew and Management. Enjoyed my 2 years!
Whenever I need a leave the accepted it, but a limited crew working in the restaurant.
Pros
Flexible hours, Friendly team
Cons
Heavy work include for restaurant team such as conference room set ups
fun workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC17 October 2018
management giving trust and opportunity to the staff to run the operations. my self teach by the team leader from making coffee, cashier, conferencing, bar, and many more responsibilities.
Pros
free lunch and work long hours
Cons
less break
Fast paced and ever changing environment
Not Disclosed (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 October 2018
Great place to work and learn things fast. For entry level sales positions it is a great place to start and work your way to entry level management sales roles.
Hard to move up from entry level management as the next step is senior management.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not many staff benefits
I didn't really want to leave...
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane CBD & Redcliffe QLD2 September 2017
A very good working environment, great colleagues, plenty of opportunities to grow within the company and management is very approachable.
I found that help was always just a question away, but was still encouraged to work out the answers for myself. Even if it wasn't the right one, I got guidance to find the right answer.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
Work team is good and friendly
Supervisor and trainer (Former Employee) –  Castlereagh NSW13 October 2016
I learned many things from this place and become experienced. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. There were gym and pool, so I used those tools to relax after my job.
Great and good to work for.
Night manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Queensland Australia16 September 2016
Good company to work for if you work hard you can see the benefits. And will let you work extra hours for some extra money. If you work hard and you are young there is a lot of hotels to improve you Curriculum Vitae.
Fast paced job with early start. training new housekeepers.
Staff trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 February 2015
Most of the time I had to train new housekeepers joining the work showing them how the hotel is keen on providing clean and healthy environment for the guests. Training them how to clean and how to arrange the thins in the rooms and apartments etc.
The Management was good there, very friendly and professional, always ready to accommodate the problems employees faced.
The hardest part of the job was when I have to train a person who was not at all aware of the hospitality industry and had never worked at one.
Thans for your time,you won't regret
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Broome3 November 2014
I am a responsible staff,very active,and hard worker.
Choose me you won't regret!!
Cheers~
Its an OK place to work
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast18 April 2014
Typical day is review last nights report server and Management Reports all worked. Answer any Helpdesk request and other emails if needed.

Coffee while having a quick read of newletters, emails from .Net and SQL communities regarding updates, new software, new scripts DBA fault finding tips and tricks

Work on existing project as well as supporting other staff with specific questions especially sql

I work as a team of 2 so it is pretty easy as we get on well. We have different skill sets as I have a passion for SQL and my team menber is a expert c# web developer which I am trying to develop my skills in.

I would love to move back to North East Victoria
Oaks Lonsdale- A great place to work
Maintainence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  23 Lonsdale St.15 May 2012
A typical day was quite busy and the work variable. I learned that I can still quickly pick up skills and adapt to new ideas. Management was switched on but unrealistic in their expectations for a salary that is 30 years out of date. My co-workers were magnificent!
No real hard part to the job but the most enjoyable part was making our clients stay as happy as possible.
Pros
good building and great people
Cons
enforced, compulsory unpaid overtime/ unrealistic workload