Oaks Hotels & Resorts
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oaks Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Oaks hotels and resorts was a great company to work for. They had a good interview process and training was fantastic. Development reviews were great and allow promotions.
Stressful, unrealistic expectations for the pay, horrible work - life balance and expected to live and breathe work. Expected to come in on days off for staff meeting.
Cons
Long unpaid hours, no advancement, misleading job description, huge responsibilities
Working as a house Keeper has its up and downs but it was good to be able to stay fit with the job and to learn house skills and work independently and work as a team. I enjoyed the work
I have been working there for more than 2 years as a cleaner but never got treated fairly.There is a favoritism and preferance in milton oaks by hk manager.When roaster is made its useless, never follw the roaster. The manager give more works to their friends or relative (no matter whose roaster is for work). You are not sure you will get fair work. Some individuals are given special treatment at work. There is a work injustice which should be removed to make it a better place to work.I have been working from 2 years but never got traeted equally about work and hk manager makes fake promises to give some shifts but at last minute preferance is given to some other individual who is his/ her friends. Really , disappointing to work as a cleaner.
The management are brain washed in to think its there way or no way at all the management are bullying lower staff with there stand over tactic the work life balance os not there constantly phoned and emailed and sent photos of stuff
Hospitality field I like the most. I like this kind of environment. As hoskeeper In this this field I giving 3 years still continue this as well. Due to this field I learned more things like punctuality, hardworking, good communication skills, honestly, well polite behaviour with all staff as well. Each day still I keep learning all new things.
It’s a strata management business.Not very complicated but very interesting. The work environment is good, friendly team, people from other departments are good to work with. The busines is spread across Australia hence we get to meet new people everyday.
Nice working environment and excellent management. Learned a lot of things about the customer service and enjoyed working with the management. A great place to start your career.
They helped me to manage my education with work. Very supportive crew and Management. Enjoyed my 2 years!
Whenever I need a leave the accepted it, but a limited crew working in the restaurant.
Pros
Flexible hours, Friendly team
Cons
Heavy work include for restaurant team such as conference room set ups
management giving trust and opportunity to the staff to run the operations. my self teach by the team leader from making coffee, cashier, conferencing, bar, and many more responsibilities.
Pros
free lunch and work long hours
Cons
less break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oaks Hotels & Resorts?
Great place to work and learn things fast. For entry level sales positions it is a great place to start and work your way to entry level management sales roles.
Hard to move up from entry level management as the next step is senior management.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
not many staff benefits
A very good working environment, great colleagues, plenty of opportunities to grow within the company and management is very approachable.
I found that help was always just a question away, but was still encouraged to work out the answers for myself. Even if it wasn't the right one, I got guidance to find the right answer.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
I learned many things from this place and become experienced. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. There were gym and pool, so I used those tools to relax after my job.
Good company to work for if you work hard you can see the benefits. And will let you work extra hours for some extra money. If you work hard and you are young there is a lot of hotels to improve you Curriculum Vitae.
Most of the time I had to train new housekeepers joining the work showing them how the hotel is keen on providing clean and healthy environment for the guests. Training them how to clean and how to arrange the thins in the rooms and apartments etc.
The Management was good there, very friendly and professional, always ready to accommodate the problems employees faced.

The hardest part of the job was when I have to train a person who was not at all aware of the hospitality industry and had never worked at one.
I am a responsible staff,very active,and hard worker.
Choose me you won't regret!!

Cheers~
Typical day is review last nights report server and Management Reports all worked. Answer any Helpdesk request and other emails if needed.

Coffee while having a quick read of newletters, emails from .Net and SQL communities regarding updates, new software, new scripts DBA fault finding tips and tricks

Work on existing project as well as supporting other staff with specific questions especially sql

I work as a team of 2 so it is pretty easy as we get on well. We have different skill sets as I have a passion for SQL and my team menber is a expert c# web developer which I am trying to develop my skills in.

I would love to move back to North East Victoria
A typical day was quite busy and the work variable. I learned that I can still quickly pick up skills and adapt to new ideas. Management was switched on but unrealistic in their expectations for a salary that is 30 years out of date. My co-workers were magnificent!
No real hard part to the job but the most enjoyable part was making our clients stay as happy as possible.
Pros
good building and great people
Cons
enforced, compulsory unpaid overtime/ unrealistic workload