Ola Australia Employee Reviews

2.2Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Ola Australia selected this as a representative review
Thank you Ola!! I love earning more in less time :-)
Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 November 2018
I've been with Ola for 3 months now and earned $100/week and dropped my hours from 50 to 40.
Absolutely loving it. Once a few of the app features are updated this is going to be awesome. An absolute must for anyone doing rideshare and/or in-between jobs!!
Pros
more money, less hours
Cons
App is a littly glitchy
Ola shareride
Share ride driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 May 2019
Worked for Ola around two month. Not many people use ola.
When you get ride you often have to drive 8-10 minutes. Sometime you might get lucky to have close rider. I often got too many riders cancel their trip. Although you get more money then Uber but you waste your time and money on petrol.
Their app is not good. It had send me to rider location where rider had already canceled the trip but app still send you at the location. And had send me many times to wrong location. You won’t get any money for driving and waiting. It happened with me many times so I decided to contact ola support. They send me with their policy... waiting for customer for 5 minutes. I told them I was sent to wrong address.
I think they really need to improve their app first.
Pros
You get $ more then Uber
Cons
App is not good. Too many cancellations, No cancellation fee
Offroaded without any notice
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 March 2019
I had intended to join Ola in Mid January, i had provided all documentation as asked on the website. Still it took over 10 days for them to get it right. They kept saying that i was not providing the right documents. After all finally i was on boarded.

During my time driving i faced issues on certain days when there were not enough ride, where as i could see other drivers getting rides. to be specific a day when i made only $8 over the span for 2.5-3 hours. I complained and they said sometime the app doesn't work well, asked me to reinstall it and use it and then it worked better.

I was alright with all the above issues while i was driving, until one day i get a call and they say that there was some issue during your on-boarding and i cannot ride until a given date. Upon asking there was no reason provided and the agent was very rude, and i was just said that you will not be able to take rides from now on without any written warning or any reason provided.

They don't understand that someone might have taken a finance on their car where they have to pay the debt on time and have had planned for a long time to get this done. But they do not care about what the rider might be going through or what situation one is in.

Very immature way of handling issue and nothing written info provided on the same

Worse experience ever.
Win-lose
Ola driver in sydney (Former Employee) –  NSW Sydney suburbs29 December 2018
I ve been working with ola for about 2 months. I work more than 8 hours on weekends and 6 hours week days and does not get enough rides. Either they dont have jobs or they give priority to their favourite employees, which i mean it looks they are quite biased. I even have contacted ola support loads of time but they say we know its quite frustating for you and we ll send you a link for high demand zone where you definitely will find a ride. But believe me in high demand cbd area many times i waited for more than 3 hours and didnt get a single requests even at christmas and new year season i dont get requests. The average i earn is about AUD 8 to 10 per hour. It looks like they have surplus drivers and they dont know how to handle it. Plus customers also complains about their service specially about ola app. Most of the time ola have app issues both for drivers and passengers. They should either stop hiring new drivers or expand their market. One should never rely ola as a full time job. Also look for alternative. Its a virtual business and here only owner wins - means its a win-lose situation.
Taking leaps and bounds!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 December 2018
Been driving with Ola for 4 months in Brisbane now. Earned more with Ola last week than with Uber for the first time.

Highly recommend jumping on board. Might finally be rid of Uber!!!
Pros
More money
Cons
The apps not the greatest
4 March 2019

Thank you for reaching out to us, we love hearing from our drivers.
Working with Ola is more beneficial due to its low 15% commission.

Also, we would like to inform you that we are constantly working on improving mobile application and other services, to provide our drivers and customers a better experience.

Feel free to reach out to us over email at care.australia@olacabs.com for further assistance. Your feedback is really appreciated as this helps us serving you better.

Jobs gets cancelled
Driver partner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 November 2018
Drove for uber and didi but most jobs gets cancelled with Ola. There is no cancellation charges so you waste your time driving to the location only to receive a cancellation from rider.
Pros
Cons
No cancellation charges and app is glitchy drains battery.
21 December 2018

Thanks for writing to us, we would like to inform you that you are eligible for Cancellation fees in the following situations:

- If the customer cancels 5 minutes or later after you accept the ride and you were running on time for the pickup (pickup delay of not more than 3 minutes.)

- You waited at the pickup location for 5 minutes or more after pressing the ‘Reached Pickup’ button.

A cancellation fee of AUD 10 will be paid when you are eligible.

Please feel free to write to us at care.australia@olacabs.com to help us better understand the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

didnot let me sign up
drivee (Former Employee) –  sydney19 November 2018
totally unprofessional, ola need to go school to learn.
i bought the car and tried to signup.
cannot belive what they said
they said my car is on the name of other driver and i told them this is my car and under my name.
here then unprofessiolism starts and told that they cannot delete my car from other driver name and suggest to buy new car if want to drive for ola.
called ola 17 times and tried to explain that this is my car and they dont want to listen and only giving answer that buy a new car because they cannot remove my car from other driver. hats off go you ola
oh what a costumer service and working leglisation.
good on ya
21 December 2018

Thank you for writing in and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We suggest that you join our Ola driver's Australia Facebook page(https://www.facebook.com/OlaAuPartners/) for information on weekly driver meet-ups in each city.
Alternatively you can reach out to us at care.australia@olacabs.com

Our OLA Team will be there to help you get on-board and feel free to mention "Indeed" in the subject line of your communication.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and your feedback is appreciated as this helps us serving you better.

Payment delays
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 October 2018
Payment was delays for almost a week, no one from ola customers care tell reason of the problem.
When I try to ramg customers care, the y just said we will solve as soon as possible, but in fact nothing happened.
App a lot of issues, I don’t know what’s wrong with ola, there’s a lot of problem
21 December 2018

Thank you for writing to us.

Your payment for each day is paid the following day as a direct deposit to the bank account of your choice.

We suggest that you write to us at care.australia@olacabs.com and mention "Indeed" in the subject line.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Your feedback is appreciated as this helps us in improving our service towards our driver and will also be shared with the concerned city team.

Fantastic
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Perth WA1 September 2018
Been drive Uber and ola but ola is better pay. We against an exploitative in Australia. So if you tried Ola you will know how much you your money in the account. more money less driving
Not happy
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW17 August 2018
Was told sign up will take 24 hours took 4 weeks did my first day today got 0 customer was not happy with the outcome I spent a lot of money to get into Ola will now do uber eats
Pros
Na
Cons
Cant find customers
24 October 2018

Ola launched in Australia in 2018. We have been busy recruiting drivers and customers, as part of our City launches.
Ola is now in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
So much opportunity to be part of a growing NEW business!

Very disappointed from the mangement
Driver partner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 July 2018
Have escalated a issue with app to the management I suppose to get paid above $40 but i got paid $7 it is bloody big difference in amount. Have rang the support team it doesn’t matter what issue you have they only have one line to repeat again and again ( sorry we cannot help you for this)
24 October 2018

Ola support is available 24/7 for drivers.
We encourage our driver community to reach out to us at care.australia@olacabs.com, so we can provide the help needed to keep them driving.

Very bad
Driver Partner (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 June 2018
They lack Management skills and really hope less in sign up and verification process, Driver app also sucks , lot of issues, Non reliable and not worth it
24 October 2018

Ola Australia is busy developing our app based on feedback from our driver and customer community. We are new in the Australian market and are focused on releasing new features regularly, to maintain and exceed a great driver and customer experience. We are available 24/7, to support any queries during your verification process.

Driving with OLA
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW13 March 2018
Started driving with them in Sydney and a friend of mine who started driving in Perth. Thank God!! I don't have to pay as much as I do for Uber. Thats like 21% more earnings coming straight to my pocket and they are so good with the responses, got back to me straight away. I would really recommend to drive with them for more earnings and yes I got paid everyday.
Wouldn't be driving Uber this week as I made around $1440 last week.
Love the low commissions and the ease of the application
Driver (Current Employee) –  Perth WA13 March 2018
I usually log in to drive with Ola early mornings, and its been around 2 weeks since I have started driving with Ola. It's great till now and the low commissions really have helped earn much higher than Uber
The amount of rides till now has been kick-as. Finally Uber now has a worthy competitor in the market to keep them in check
Pros
Work on my own terms, Low commissions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ola Australia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7