Oliver Brown Employee Reviews

ok
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miranda NSW10 June 2019
Not always difficult shift but most often is because always understaffed with unfit equipment for what we need to do. Pay is terrible and there are NO benefits to working here. The hardest part about working here is that new staff do not get trained effectively. There is nothing enjoyable about working here.
Not a stable job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD3 June 2019
Throughout my time at this company i was offered little training and was then limited to only a few tasks. No parking for staff which for where its located is difficult.
Very productive workplace with good management and good workload
Customer service and food preparation (Former Employee) –  Cherrybrook NSW8 March 2019
Great Company, Good Management, and Great workload
I enjoyed my experience there and I had fun working there it was definitely an experience I enjoyed, I was offered a job there but I was in a car crash last year and I was in the hospital for a long time and I missed out unfortunately
Pros
Great people, Fun work
Cons
Wash up
Demanding Casual Job that was not worth the stress, but good coffee
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Green Hills NSW14 January 2019
Although this job provided great hours for a part time/casual worker, the demands and expectations of this 'cafe allrounder' position stressed me out beyond belief.
The communication barrier between management and crew members was highly unprofessional, especially when they aren't fluent in English. Many times I was asked if I could "read properly" or if I had "taken English as a subject" because I misinterpreted orders/recipes and was discouraged as soon as a made a mistake (this was within my first week) Besides the managers, every one was lovely, welcoming and seemed too understand the pressure I was feeling because they went through the same rigorous process.
While a constant interaction with customers was a great experience, the training methods when learning to cook food and make drinks was stressful and exhausting (especially when you were expected to know everything within the first 3 shifts!) I understood that all staff present were just trying to train me quickly and efficiently, but I felt so overwhelmed that I wrote my resignation within the first 2 weeks. Moreover, when I asked to have some time off having been sick, I was told I must work or else they would cancel my other shifts, even though I was only a trainee. This was a big indicator that the job was NOT for me
I hope that the supervisors of the Oliver Brown Greenhills store would realise that the high staff turnover and constant complaints about customer service, are issues that demand immediate attention if they wish to improve their store.
Pros
Free lunches and beverages when working, good crew members
Cons
Training methods, workplace communication, non-negotiable rosters
Productive and Busy Environtment
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW13 January 2019
Working in hospitality is fun and such a good experience to learn how to work in a fast paced environment which I love. Time also flies when its busy. You always have something to do, which I love to do because I hate standing around doing nothing.
vibrant place to be working at with a lot of smiling faces.
WAIT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Homebush NSW24 December 2018
*I continuously served customers and greeted them warmly upon their arrival.

*I have learned how how to bring a satisfying experience for customers by passionately fulfilling their needs.

*My coworkers were all friendly and helpful.
Good job in Oliver Brown
Barista & Allrounder (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 December 2018
Good working environment, and nice manager. Having 15p off for lunch, Nice workplace for improving communication skill and practice about customer services.
Suitable for ones first job
Crew memeber (Former Employee) –  Hurstville NSW25 November 2018
Overall I have enojyed my experience at oliverbrown, the staff are wonderful, during my time at olver brown I was expected to prepare food, take orders, clean tables, serve food and wash dishes, this developed my multi-tasking skills.
The work culture was reasonable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Awful team leaders
Front counter customer service (Former Employee) –  Greenhills NSW11 October 2018
2nd day on the job and management left me with 2 South Koreans who couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand them. They shoved some workplace manual and expected me to memorise the whole thing (covers all recipes, the menu and how to make them and whatnot) and all of a sudden be an expert on the job. Put behind the till with very little knowledge on it. Team leader once left the store for a break or something right before a rush and I was left to do the indulgence despite the fact that I had NO training whatsoever. Awful team leaders, awful training methods, and lack of understanding from the superiors.
Pros
Na
Cons
Awful language barrier
the workplace
Front of House Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW29 September 2017
Oliver Brown is a great place to work at! You learn many skills like managing your time, Multitasking and learning how to make/serve food and beverages to customers. Great Experience!
Pros
Free drinks and foods
Cons
long hours standing
Productive and workplace effort
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW16 July 2017
I learnt new skills
Getting chance to know people from different background
Worjing as team
Know the safety of my self,staffs and customers
Having respect for customers and staffs even if they do something wrong
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive, fast paced work place
Full time employment (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 July 2017
Working at oliver brown is deffiantly a fast working work place as it's a family friendly cafe. There's never not something to do. We deal with all sorts of customers that it's built my customer services levels up. Oliver brown is a good first job to have but now i'm seeking for a more professional job with better management and benefits.
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
Fun workplace with delicious coffee
Cashier and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW14 July 2016
A typical day at Oliver Brown will always be busy, fun staff and there isn't anything hard about the job and I love my team.
Pros
awesome staff and delicious 50% food
Cons
Under paid
Worst Workplace i've ever worked at
Waitress -Hospitality - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NSW5 January 2016
Typical day at Oliver brown was not wanting to be there not because i didnt like working there, because of how rude my mangers were. I learnt customer service here and how to work in a team. hardest part about this job was how busy and demanding this chocolate place got.
Cons
Managers are rude, Careless work environment, under payed