OMNI-CARE Pty Ltd

13: OMNI-CARE Pty Ltd Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Do not have a good communication

The hardest of the job Travelling and most of the job are cleaningand no one is look at the truth distance of traveling believe me I struggle to go were area that I don't know first I thought I try but went I have accidents and lost almost my points well I can not deal with itI work with other company for 7 years I never lost one in 3 months with omni I lost 9 points because I don't know the area and and I got only sort time to get there that why ........

very stressful. bad management

they make people over worked. management is horrible. Having to work back pretty much everyday. and also you have buy printer and print all the roster ever night before next day people are always leaving the workplace and always new people coming in.and also I left the company with in 2weeks of getting the job they pay you $28 hourly for going to home to home Services sometimes they will give you 1hour shift you will ended up driving more than your work hours they will also make you work as Domestic assistant 4 bed ,2 bath ,vacuum, mop you have to complete all the task with in 1.5hour then drive 30 minute to do the same thing in another house so bad for your health if you are going clean house after house. overall I don't recommend this kind of company to anyone avoid all of them at all cost.

Pros

they have nice induction training day you will get paid for that.

Cons

short hour shift, the pays is below average, not time to have lunch very stressful hours of shift.

Fun and easy for me

Mostly client are good and some can be so rude that they can make you feel like the most worthless and idiot and dumb person in world. They have lot of work. You have to drive a lot and it can be difficult and confusing, if you are new in this field like me. Moslty shifts are showering and house cleaning. Maybe difficult for some people but i find that easy. Mostly clients are from other cultures and it can be difficult to communicate. Overall, i am happy

Pros

good money for casuals, travel compensation, Tea break compentation

Cons

Lot of driving, dont work if you are afraid for driving. If the first client of day is rude your whole day is fkd.

Hard work and row income.

The shift was 45min to 2hr.Most job was cleaning or showering.It was hard work.Some clients are very rude.Pay was low but there are a lot of shift.Training was good.

Flexibility

I do like to work with Omni care because of flexible hours. I did choose my own hours as I drop my kid to school then after start with my shifts for 4-5 hours and pick my kid up from school. It’s work,life and kids balance.Good for busy mums.

Would never recommend.

No matter how hard I worked or how late I stayed back (unpaid), I never felt appreciated or cared for.They have such an enormous rate of staff turnover, they cannot retain any staff because of the demanding and stressful nature of the company.Management are not empathetic, and treat hard working staff very poorly. No recognition for effort, no appreciation for the work that goes into ensuring every client gets the best care. My job as a Care Coordinator nearly broke me, and I had to leave due to horrible mental health issues. I quit without having another job lined up, and when I handed in my resignation I was met with coldness, rudeness and was sworn at - despite me offering to give an additional weeks’ notice than I was contractually required to.I would never recommend this as a place for anyone to work.

I loved working with all the amazing clients and the Head office team are a pleasure to deal with. Anytime I had an issue or concern, my Support Worker Mentor would always help me out. I felt very supported at Omni-Care.

Pros

Providing care to clients

Cons

Clients pass away

Great company to work with

I started working in mid-Dec. and ended in early March; this was because my nursing course schedule was in conflict with work schedule, resulting with less than 10 hours work period. During my time, it was pretty fun and honestly, I feel like I've brought some smiles to elderly clients whom have been cooped up in their home. The coordinators are great to talk to and very friendly; at times, coordinators get too busy that they do forget to call back so you need to be pro-active. The pay is based on government standards so there is no need to worry about it though pay is fortnightly. As for clients, 99% of them are friendly and laid-back; there are some who will be aggressive towards strangers but they become friendly once they get to know you more. Do bring water with you as you will be working out... literally, be covered in sweat as some houses do not have air con and just so the weather is 40C outside.

Pros

great teamwork

Cons

gets busy real quick

good work environment

firmly and totally committed to delivering the highest quality care by providing trained and reliable staff and excellent customer service at all levels of ...

Nice

Great place to work and learn and serve the community and disable people. Very cooperative staff and flexible working hours. I loved to work with Omni Care.

Great Co - Workers & Clients

Going to work in the morning to a happy face & environment. Working in different clients homes from different cultures & back grounds. Management was easily spoken to on the same level & the door was always open. Working with different co - workers with different clients each day. Meeting new clients & families as it is a blank canvas to learn what they like, dislike & there way of doing things is the hardest part of the job. Watching your client progress to help themselves & the smile on their face when you have made them happy & been the familiar face of their day.

Pros

Clients & hours worked each week

Cons

Not being kept in your work area (Suburb)

Flexible and diversity in cultural and social back grounds.

Got experience about managing care in a home setting with high care needed clients.

Omnicare have workers all over Melbourne and we could choose the area of our work for example I worked from Craigieburn to Brunswick from Greensborough to Tullamarine. I worked as many hours as possible and really enjoyed working with Omnicare and had the same regular clients for most of the 5 years working there. I only left because I moved out of Melbourne to Werribee where I was unable to get to my regular clients and was unfeasible to continue there

Pros

Flexible working hours and permanent roster

Cons

Driving in Melbourne sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OMNI-CARE Pty Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare OMNI-CARE Pty Ltd with