Omnicom Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Omnicom Group Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
Good place to work but working in finance in media industry is tough. Very little respect within the industry for finance function or finance people. Fun industry to work if you can cross the divide between finance and media
This place is a management wasteland.

Most senior staff have been promoted so they don't leave from boredom or burnout. As a result, they are under-skilled in everything except pumping out reports and Powerpoint presentations to justify client budgets. There are rare and shining exceptions to this rule, but it is very much sink or swim.

Clients come first because profit is king. Staff are expendable and are expected to work overtime doing unbilled work for clients in the name of maintaining good relationships.

Despite the hype, old school attitudes prevail here. Anyone who is not along for that ride is pushed under the bus.
Pros
Free weekly fruit, Nespresso machine...
Reasonable culture, good support for creativity. Like any large multinational, they have KPIs that need to be hit, its a head hour business so job security depends on client retention.
A few things I wanted to highlight about working at Omnicom Media Group

Great work/life balance and flexible working arrangements

Huge amount of development across the board - in all roles!

Access to training I never thought I would get - outside of my job role!

Fly on the wall program, being able to job shadow people to learn what they do

Fortunately, off the back of a lot of success in the industry, the reputation in market is pretty strong right now but still, I love talking about OMG and PHD day in day out to prospective employees.

Very flat structure here, time is no trouble regardless of who you ask for help!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Omnicom Group?