ONCALL Personnel & Training Employee Reviews

Worst middle management
staff (Former Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC27 March 2019
From a professional level this agency is disgraceful, often staff won’t answer phone calls. From when you reach reception you then get passed onto the next person then the next until you finally get put onto the right person. When working for Oncall and trying to get things done for the kids you are supporting can take months just to get basic necessities like a computer for the staff or a tv for the kids. The staff turnover is so high that there is no work ethic or team culture working environment. Oncall say they offer training but it’s only basic things like first aid and a one day induction for new staff. Often staff have no previous experience and don’t know what to do on a shift. Which can often make it the blind leading the blind. There is no sick leave or annual leave so don’t get sick if you plan to work there. There is no support from the supervisors if you need assistance
Pros
you get paid on time
Cons
everything else
Terrible agency
OOHC (Former Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC7 March 2019
Oncall personnel has the worst culture. They have no care for staff. The office have favourites and give more work to their friends out in the field. They have no respect for the safety of staff. The communication is horrible and their seems to be a lot of blaming instead of taking ownership of their mistakes
Oncall OOHC take no ownership of anything when something goes wrong🤔
To be proactive at work and enjoy your workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 August 2018
Day at work starts when I step in to work expecting to have a good and enjoyable day at work
Learn from different workplaces that you attend to and and manage your time and your attitude at work with the clients and work colleagues
Respect workplace culture and follow workplace policies to make it safe for myself and clients and to get my rights and clients rights too
Some days to be hard at work and that’s from clients behaviours but as a support worker have to manage and not to take any aggression as personaly
Or to face a problem with one of the work colleagues and still to manage your passions to solve your problems
At work have to expect to enjoy your day with clients and staff to make it an enjoyable environment workplace especially if you do something enjoyable for one of your clients and leave a smile in their face
That’s really one of my enjoyable day at work
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria15 June 2018
It's a good place to work. Staff and management are coperative. Good pay and avaliable shifts . Adequate and upto date training is available for interested staff
Unhelpful dismissive consultant/management
Casual transport worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 May 2018
My brief experience with this company was that the consultant and his manager were dismissive.unhelpful and defensive when issues raised in the recruitment process.
I have dealt with a number of recruitment agencies in.my career and I would rate this agency as substandard and unprofessional.
Look elsewhere if you are looking for assistance finding work.
Productive and supportive place to work
Disability Support Worker | Casual (Current Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC11 May 2018
Work schedule and details are usually provided before setting off to work making the job role easy to accomplish. The management is fantastic as continual support is provided throughout the duration of work. Standard workplace culture with strict adherence to NDIS policies.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfilment I derive in contributing to the needs of the society though this could be challenging sometimes.
Good opportunities
Labour Hire Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 October 2017
Good company to work for.

Willing to offer people work in challenging situations.

Well organised in terms of pay and terms.

I can't write anything else for legal reasons.
Pros
Hourly Rate
Cons
Poor working conditions
interpreting at Oncall
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 August 2017
Good place
Very organized
Easy way to get work - via their app
Work can be done when you want
Even by phone if you cant go to the job
Staff are helpful
Pros
flexibility
Cons
nothing
good and learning environment
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 June 2017
1. very nice and helpful management
learn about good time management skill
team work
organisation skill and work constructively
friendly and learning environment .

hardest part of the job is when client refuse to eat food that was necessary for their health and well being.
most enjoyable part of the job when talk with them and play games on that time they feel worthy and fresh.
Pros
good salary, management
Cons
on the spot call
Like to be the part of Oncall
Disability Support Worker & Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey Hills VIC14 April 2017
I have gained a lot of experience and this helped me in my future development and finding a suitable job. Management was supportive.You have good work -life balance when working withthem
I enjoyed working with Oncall. The jobs were always different and every day was a challenge
Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 January 2017
Oncall is an agency. They are great to work for. The management are approachable and easy going.the jobs are always different and Oncall are the ones that introduced me to WAYSS which I'm forever grateful for.
Pros
Choose your days. Never dull. Big selection of work places
Cons
Never guaranteed work. Can't get loans. Too unpredictable
Fun work place
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC7 August 2016
well please to be in the community service Disability service sector. ONCALL is a very good organisation, they look after there staff and client's very well. I will always let a support worker to know and work work with oncall
Enjoy being part of the team of Interpreters for all of my agencies
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Perth WA11 May 2016
Love my job as an Interpreter. Meeting with professionals and clients and patients at various situations makes my day not monotonous.

The hardest part is when I hear the torture and trauma that they have gone through back in their country.

The most enjoyable part is when the clients have accomplished their desired outcome from the many cases that we work on.
productive and fulfilling workplace
Residential Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne17 October 2015
I enjoyed working with different organisations through Oncall Personnel. The diversity enriched my knowledge and experience in youth work. Fun place to work with supportive management.
Spacious New Building
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC26 May 2015
The hardest part of my job is not knowing when my job will be and where. Sometimes being sent to the work place that has the old information or being told wrongly about what to be expected. Sometimes other workers had negative attitude with the first introduction but later learn that I am not bad at all. The best part is that after my care my clients are always happy and contented. An my co-workers are happy and would like to work together with me more.
Pros
You get to choose your hours
Cons
Not knowing whethere there is job for you tomorrow.
Agency Work
Youth Residential Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Various Suburbs17 September 2014
* working with DHS kids
*stressful
* long hours, sleep over shifts
* Hardest part difficult behaviour and violent youth
* great staff
Pros
Different locations
Cons
Long hours, aggressive youth
Great agency and bigger vision
Social Welfare Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC3 November 2013
It's fun environment but staff is required to go to work at different organizations/companies for a period of time. Some of the staff at these organizations just do not like working casual workers. As a result, they give you too much work to do and very bossy. But this is not the case in every situation.
The most enjoyable part is accessing the community on various occasions. In other words, taking the clients out for different functions, appointments, etc.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
n/a
Training, and respect.
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheltenhan14 October 2013
Supported me when needed. Fair and maintained dignity. Good field to work in if suited to the work.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Casual.
Family Business
Reception/ Front of House (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 September 2013
Front of house.
*Busy switch board this took up most of the day
* Type new employment contracts and induction packs
* Filing
Pros
Free lunch every second friday
A great company with supportive staff members
Social Welfare Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia12 December 2012
First and foremost, Oncall is a agency that employs experienced Social Welfare Workers to be sent to various organizations based on the requested assignments. The duration of assignment may vary from one or few days to weeks or months. In my view, everyday is good, exciting and different. But also challenging.

Some of the things I have learned are: a. Every task, client & situation is different regardless of the sameness in discription and demand. b. You have to know yourself, level of emotional intelligence & articulate to respond to the demands of the distinguished organizations you have been asked to go and work for. c. You have to be readied to promote and support the various organizations cultures and policies.
d. Finally, you have to be trustworthy, hardworking, creative, confidential & reliable to be able to get regular contracts through your agency.

The hardest part of the job most times is to balance implementing the required tasks at hand, and also dealing with complex behavioral issues from new clients.

However, the most enjoyable part of the job is having the right mindset each day to always give your utmost best.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
sometimes limited timeframe to achieve certain tasks