One Door Mental Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

One Door Mental Health Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
NDIS has ruined a great fellowship of caring people, who's ambition was to make the lives of those suffering mental illness easier in mainstream society.
Low wages, poor treatment of staff (particularly casual employees)

Expect to put in many hours of your own (unpaid) time with little recognition whilst management drive shiny company vehicles and hold endless unproductive meetings over company supplied lunch.

Constant changes in policies and staff, make it challenging in offering security and consistency to clients/consumers.
Pros
Important, fulfilling work
Cons
NDIS- Overworked/Underpaid/Undervalued
disappointingly, communication between front line and managerial staff is minimal, and often deceptive and outright untrue

this organisation once had highly skilled frontline workers whose constructive input has been ignored by ignorant and self-serving management, consequently, there has been a mass exodus.

seriously poor treatment of clients and staff and a victim culture of blaming every misfortune on the advent of the NDIS, rather than examining the poor decisions and lack of skills and plain old planning in a stale and outmoded managerial team ill-equipped to cope with change.

Sad.
Pros
clients
Cons
almost everything
Self serving, chaotic disrespectful, dishonest management. Clients and support staff are treated unjustly.....clients are not the priority of One Door management.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Low wages, bad management.
As the Admin Manager of the company, every morning great my team members and have a quick chat with them to ensure that everyone knows her/his daily tasks in order to finish everything on time. Ensure that the receptionist is at her desk and have a chat with her as well. Reading my emails and respond to people. Provide support to my team either by explaining something regarding their tasks or help them how to prioritise their workload. Attending meetings and collaborate with internal staff or external stakeholders.
I learned the way of speaking to people with mental illness and how to make them feel useful and respectful in the society. This knowledge is part of the workplace culture - to reduce the stigma and give the same opportunities to people with mental illness to be part of the community.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning, where I had to form the new Admin team by utilising existing staff and the implementation of a centralised administration function.

The most enjoyable part of the job are my colleagues and the collaboration within the members of my team!
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
The job is not challenging for me anymore
No two days are the same. Although I work in a great team environment, much of my work is autonomous. I enjoy assisting people with mental health problems
Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Door Mental Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6