One Door Mental Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
chaos outmoded and sadly misguided management
mental health employee (Current Employee) –  Australia28 June 2018
disappointingly, communication between front line and managerial staff is minimal, and often deceptive and outright untrue

this organisation once had highly skilled frontline workers whose constructive input has been ignored by ignorant and self-serving management, consequently, there has been a mass exodus.

seriously poor treatment of clients and staff and a victim culture of blaming every misfortune on the advent of the NDIS, rather than examining the poor decisions and lack of skills and plain old planning in a stale and outmoded managerial team ill-equipped to cope with change.

Sad.
Pros
clients
Cons
almost everything
A very negative work environment.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW14 April 2018
Self serving, chaotic disrespectful, dishonest management. Clients and support staff are treated unjustly.....clients are not the priority of One Door management.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Low wages, bad management.
Productive and friendly environment
Corporate Services Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 October 2017
As the Admin Manager of the company, every morning great my team members and have a quick chat with them to ensure that everyone knows her/his daily tasks in order to finish everything on time. Ensure that the receptionist is at her desk and have a chat with her as well. Reading my emails and respond to people. Provide support to my team either by explaining something regarding their tasks or help them how to prioritise their workload. Attending meetings and collaborate with internal staff or external stakeholders.
I learned the way of speaking to people with mental illness and how to make them feel useful and respectful in the society. This knowledge is part of the workplace culture - to reduce the stigma and give the same opportunities to people with mental illness to be part of the community.
The hardest part of the job was at the beginning, where I had to form the new Admin team by utilising existing staff and the implementation of a centralised administration function.
The most enjoyable part of the job are my colleagues and the collaboration within the members of my team!
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
The job is not challenging for me anymore
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Cooma NSW28 April 2017
No two days are the same. Although I work in a great team environment, much of my work is autonomous. I enjoy assisting people with mental health problems