One Harvest Employee Reviews

No life
Process worker supos to be end up.runnind all the (Former Employee) –  Smeaton Grange NSW4 August 2019
There was maybe 3 people in the whole factory I liked 1 boss /superviser its cold wet as on your feet up.to 12 hours some days.not one cold water dispenser in and part of factory and no weekends to.injoy but ya watch your hours they under pay sometimes to
stay away
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 February 2019
You are not looked after while working there you are pushed past your limits with no gratitude management don't care about your concerns they just care about pushing the products out
Pros
1 free salad per day
Hard work, no life
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD17 January 2019
Long hours, weeks where you would work 7 days in a row then have 1 day off. Unrealistic targets, a lot of pressure.
People were easy to get along with.
Pressure to work weekends and public holidays.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, no life
it was hard but i like it
Forklift Operator /night shift - cold room (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 November 2018
Coordinating Stores Management
 Unpacking store deliveries
 Receipting into system stocks
 Issuing and ordering stock
 Inventory management
 Stocktakes
Pros
good people
Cons
i like the hours
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD29 May 2018
Great hours, very flexible with hours, a normal day at work with good company, organised and ready for work duties, people are easy going and kind to most of their colleagues.
Pros
Bbqs, Free pizzas, vouchers
Cons
Long Hours
Cool and productive place to work
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocklea QLD3 April 2018
The objective of the company was for all employees to excel and to be productive in a fulfilling and challenging job with a stable, dynamic and result-oriented organization offering opportunities for self-development and growth in an evolving and competitive global economy.
Vendor machines all equipment for lunches
Process Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD2 February 2018
I was put in a lot of the areas in the factory so I learnt a lot of new things the other workers were nice the hardest part of the job was the not knowing where I was working in the factory for the day but I enjoyed the work and learning new things.
Pros
Free fruit in the lunch room for a quick snack
Cons
Long hours not knowing when we would finish work
If you want no life outside of work then work at one harvest
2ic (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD12 January 2018
I worked at one harvest for a few years. Veru fast paced l. Nice people 2 work with. Some of the 2ic are really over there heads its 7 day rosters. Sometime not even getting 2 days off in a row. If you work at one harvest thats your life forget about a life outside of work. Even if you want time off say to go to a family bday or anything its a big hassle to even get those days off. Feels like your always fighting for your rights with management.
Pros
Lots of hours 40+ hour weeks $$$
Cons
No life. Always working weekends 12+ hour days
Great people and great Staff
Machine Operator/ hygiene crew (Former Employee) –  Carole Park QLD21 September 2017
I was a 2ic there and I had a great position for a very long time . Just the payrise was only a couple of dollars and I worked hard and was one the most Reliable workers there
Dead end job
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD30 August 2017
After years of being an all rounder was removed off the roster without notice, not called by anyone or given any shifts for 2-3 months. Stayed on intro level for years. I haven't had a shift in 3 months and yet they were still hiring?
Pros
Money (When I actually worked)
Cons
Bad management
the workplace is like a concentration camp.
dailyfresh operator (Former Employee) –  Smeaton Grange NSW9 August 2017
Very low wages is not enough compensation for very cold work environment and the work hours is unpredictable, working from 4 to 5 hours, 3 or 4 times a week. The lady supervisor treat workers like a herd of animals, very rude and intimidating.
Pros
Tidy environment
Cons
Low hourly wages, very cold environment, rude and intimidating supervisor
great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 April 2017
great working atmosphere, they provided great training and assisted anyone when ever they were in need of help. everyday was different so you were always learning new things. enjoyed working there
Pros
Good working enviorment
Cons
Job security
good working environment, health and safety was key
Process worker- Nov 20016 (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 March 2017
My time working at one harvest was very good. I learnt how the process of fresh salad goes in order to be distributed.Most of the work included using a conveyor belt. the team was very friendly and helped me with whatever i need to know, i enjoyed my time working their.
Pros
good hours, good pay, friendly team
Cons
work slowed down
One of the worst places I've worked
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bairnsdale VIC6 December 2016
Management is terrible. Your finish time fluctuates hourly. More than 10hrs is expected. You will be verbally and mentally abused. Union needed constantly for conditions... watch your hours as they tend to underpay.
Family and social life suffers terribly. Quite often do 6 days on, 1 off and 6 back on.
Pros
Overtime.
Cons
Have to watch pay (underpaid), roster changes weekly etc.
Hard work, with great reward and benefits.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bairnsdale VIC16 May 2016
A typical day at work at One Harvest: Vegco, Bairnsdale was a touch experience. There was a lot of heavy lifting, quick thinking, product to produce. You had to be strong physically and mentally and be able to be incredibly flexible.
I learned that I can be an amazing worker when i put my mind to it and i can overcome difficult situations. I learned that i have to work hard and just how hard i can work, and how difficult a job can be.
Management was a mixed bag of relaxed and strict which gave me the unique opportunity to find my own pace and push me to work harder. All management staff though were always looking out for the team and hard workers themselves so we always got along.
Co-workers were a mixed bag as well, but we all knew that we were in this together and we supported each other and became close friends.
The Hardest part of my job was the less than ideal conditions. In 2 degrees i was expected to work in small, soaking wet places and that was difficult being 6'2'', but i made it work and honed my organisational skills to make it more bearable.
The Most enjoyable part of working at Vegco was the challenge. I had never been given a challenge so daunting than working in a fast paced factory environment. I rose to the challenge, and enjoyed being used to my full potential and beyond.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Harsh Conditions
Not great
Casual Process Worker (Current Employee) –  Bibra Lake WA30 April 2016
opportunity to move around and progress. you only need 2 arms and 2 legs to get the job, no brains required. the money isn't that good and you may not get many hours a week especially during winter.
Pros
free salads
Cons
poor money
Process Worker
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD12 November 2015
This Job had challenges which i enjoyed and I also worked with great people and manages.
We had to get our job done within a time frame as orders needed to be completed on time for trucks.
Fun and Independent work environment
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Katherine, NT8 October 2015
Starting early in the morning and finishing at 4.00. I learned lot about orchard management with nice co-workers. Hardest part of the work was working in hot condition but harvesting was enjoyable at night.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Remote area
Work lots
Process Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane17 September 2015
I currently work here at one harvest.
They work you down to your skin and bones. Expecting you to work up to 16hrs shifts 5days a week and not often do you get the weekend off !

You don't have a finish time, there are no sitting jobs so it's all on your feet in a cool room.
Pros
Plenty of hours during summer.
Cons
Up to 16hr shifts
productive and fun working place
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD19 September 2014
flexible working hours , cooperative management ,helpful co workers
Pros
free salad drinks
Cons
nothing