Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews

Australia137 reviews
Good
Good job relocated from Melbourne but ended being too far from family stressful job but very rewarding lots of off site traveling back to ringwood for group trainings
Unorganised, unfriendly and full of lies
The place is full of drug addicts, that take over the kitchen with their psychological hazards to all staff, no training, no team work, management don't care about your concerns, they would rather show you the door, instead of listening to the overall management of the kitchen routine.
Not a good experience, wouldn't recommend working there.
not a good place to work
Management is very bad. Unrealistic work load and nurses under stress. Communication from management team to care team is very bad. Bullying happens. Try to save money for every single material. Short of staffs at all times.
productive and collaborative workplace
Seeking position as support worker with core senior care and utilizing skills and assist the residents with daily living activities such as bathing, eating, playing games, washing and mobility management.
Terrible place to work at
Bullying culture no care for the residents. Failled accrediation on a number of ocassions. Staff disrespect other staff members. Policies and procedures arent followed
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bullying of staff members
I enjoy working within this company.
I find most staff deeply care for their residents and go above and beyond for them. We work together to complete tasks. Overall I enjoy my shifts and would recommend working at Opal based on my facility.
Management out of touch with the reality of our jobs. Never enough time. Usually work at least half an hour before and after each shift unpaid.
Management never listen to staff or even try to understand what actually goes on. Communication is appalling on every level. We should know what level resident's diet modification etc are and at least a meeting specific to kitchen staff. Bits of information are written on paper towel and left for staff to find. There is absolutely no handover done. You walk into each shift blindly. There are 2 cleaners on and they have to distribute clothes, pick up cups twice a day and set up dining rooms. There is never time to do everything outlined in shift description. Management never want to invest in quality staff and generally look down on GSO's.
Great colleague
staff are amazing and great to work with. It can be stressful as there at times that we are shorthanded . Its a go go environment from the time you start work till end of the day.
excellent place to work
overall a great company to work. top management is really supportive. Management in individual care homes has a well-structured organisation. overall a great place to work.
Loved working at Opal want to return
I worked at Opal a few years ago and I done a stupid thing and resigned due to personal reasons. I have sent in an application as you normally do when you apply for a position. I have not yet heard any news good or bad as to this day. It's so frustrating waiting for a reply. Whether it be good or bad I would like to know. Otherwise the facility I worked for was great the people were friendly.
50/50 one facility appauling!!! Another is good
Worked over a few facilities, definitely would not recommend springwood!!!!!
As a new care member, I felt bullied, and isolated. Two paeticular team members out of very small amount, dictate who stays and who goes, hence bullying, when it came to going to management for a concern, regarding a leadership team member the whole meeting was spent with the manager defending the RN... This manager appears to care more on her image in the roll she has rather than the team

Another facility has great management team, can't fault them as of yet, however when working on the floor, the RNs fail when it comes to leadership as many care member speak their own language and refuse to abuse by Opal policy of english only in the work place, I am am one of 3 people, who work separate shifts who only speak english... This has been raised many times, yet no action. Other than the approach of the language use, this facility is top notch!
Opal
I love my job and the residence and staff i work with. Like any job it has its stresses and it's ups and downs and sometimes i feel like im being personally saute out like they were trying to get rid of me but everyone has a job to do and when certain things happen it must be investigated. Im a good worker and i work hard. I love my job and I hope it continues.
Terrible
Went for an interview at North Lakes site, unprofessionally interviewed, the people who interviewed me looked like they had been pulled off the floor to interview me, very pretentious in their mannerisms, don’t know why I even bothered applying here, even after reading and warned about this place, never got back to me. Word of advice to management, apply some courtesy and let people know if they were successful or not, reflects rather poorly on yourselves.

know if they
Bad place to work for
The management is the main problem.
Management lies.

There are a lot of bullying happening with some staff & from management.

Opal Warrnambool is not a good place to work at.
it great to work with opal aged care
iam very much satisfied to work with opal aged care , its great place where nice staff coperative ,the management is helpful , they always recognise your hardwork and award with employ of the month...
Pros
free lunch on occasions
Would not recommend working for this company
The workload and stress put on AIN's is beyond what we are paid for, the management is the worst and we are not treated well in my eyes. The workplace between staff is a great environment and we enjoy coming to work to see each other, aged care is a challenging job but working for opal was the worst experience I've ever had.
Friendly place to work. Staff members are hard working and easy to get along with.
I love my job but want to get back into the administration work. The company provides ongoing education on a regular basis and there are general staff meetings all the time giving staff the opportunity to give positive or negative feedback so as to help improve the quality of service we give.
dangerous place to work. Doesn't care about employees
Pathetic work life balance, arrogant and rude management with bossy culture but no leadership qualities. Doesn't care about short staff but will be punished for small mistakes badly.9/10 pay will be deducted for no reason. Need to beg for allowances or overtime with pay queries ends up with no results. Not supportive but extremely selfish management who wash their hands if you are in trouble or get your self in trouble by denying facts. They will stood with you only if they seeks any benefits for that. Management doesn't wants you to work there. They are happy to recruit and sponsor and spent money on new people. Facility Manager will be always on holidays when we need them badly. Its a place with huge staff turn over. Notorious in the town.Staff apart from management and admin are cooperative and hard working.
Rude
Went for an interview, the manager was so cold, no warmth, no nothing, like a cold robot, no humanity there. I was asked how would I feel about working long hours without a break! never got back to me either whether I had the job or not.
Busy fast paced
Very fast paced,sometimes leading to no break especially nightshift,not enough staff,demanding,stressful,sometimes not fun.end up with aches and pains
Do not recommend
The job was easy and required no special skills yet a million issues always cropping up from peoples pure laziness. Also management was the worst ive ever dealt with, no empathy for their staff whatsoever
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opal Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8