Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Opal Aged Care Employee Review

productive and collaborative workplace

9 May 2020
Seeking position as support worker with core senior care and utilizing skills and assist the residents with daily living activities such as bathing, eating, playing games, washing and mobility management.
10 August 2020
Same role
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) - Bankstown NSW
Best and wonderful services, amazing staff and management team. beautiful and big place to work at, with amazing opportunity to sharpen your skills and gradually upgrade your career!!
13 March 2020
Same role
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) - Berkeley Vale NSW
I love my job and the residence and staff i work with. Like any job it has its stresses and it's ups and downs and sometimes i feel like im being personally saute out like they were trying to get rid of me but everyone has a job to do and when certain things happen it must be investigated. Im a good worker and i work hard. I love my job and I hope it continues.
13 November 2020
Same location
General Service Officer (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
From the get go the interview was strange, and mostly unnecessary for the role. I applied for a General Services role, which was cleaning and kitchen duties. In the interview I was told that it was unlikely I would be hired because I did not have any qualifications (in cleaning??) I did have a lot of experience. The residents really made the workplace bearable, it was extremely understaffed, with no attempt to rectify it and training was poor.I fell pregnant and applied for maternity leave (unpaid leave, casual employee) to hold my position for me when I returned, it was approved. Upon returning after around a year, I was told by management that I would have to completely re-apply and re-interview for a job there, and that they weren't hiring at the time so chances were no job for me. So I'm not sure what the point of filling in the forms and getting it all approved was for, if not to have a job to come back to.
Pros
The residents, large company
Cons
Management, understaffed
  1. productive and collaborative workplace