Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW8 reviews
iam very much satisfied to work with opal aged care , its great place where nice staff coperative ,the management is helpful , they always recognise your hardwork and award with employ of the month...
Pros
free lunch on occasions
Seeking position as support worker with core senior care and utilizing skills and assist the residents with daily living activities such as bathing, eating, playing games, washing and mobility management.
Productive and fun place to work with nice people and a good central location. Good team of people, nice office with showers available. Working in a growing industry.
firstly, I was working as a general service officer at opal cardinal freeman. later on, I also worked as AIN. I really loved what I did. All the staffs and co workers are really friendly.
I enjoyed working with friendly staffs and multidisciplinary team.
It has provided me an opportunity to develop my skills to support elderly people. If I get an opportunity to work in the aged care industry in Toowoomba I would definitely take it.
Staff working directly with residents are mostly lovely, caring people. BUT management in the corporate office are money hungry and grubby. They may be clever but not very smart about managing people or a business. I'd be surprised if Opal lasts the distance quite frankly given the extraordinary high attrition rate of it's people.
Pros
Zero
Cons
No real appreciation for people even though Caring is one of it's supposed values
- The quality and quantity of daily work, thoroughness, productivity and goal attainment.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, teamwork, cooperation, listening, persuasion, and empathy.

- Planing, administration, and organisation, goal setting and meeting targets/budget, prioritising and profit orientation.

- Leadership, accessibility,responsiveness, decisiveness, collaboration, and delegating.

- Job knowledge and expertise, knowledge base training, mentoring, modelling and researching.

- Positive attitude, dedication, loyalty, reliability, flexibility, initiative, energy and volunteering.

- Ethical, diversity, sustainability, honesty, integrity, fairness and professionalism.

- Creative thinking, innovation, receptiveness, problem solving and originality.

- Self development and growth, learning education and continuous improvement.
Pros
Travel, experience, support
Cons
Loss of the elderly you form a rapport with
Is good to see people working together as a family, and standard precautions such as hand-washing, use of personal protective equipment ,safe handling and disposal of sharps.
Cons
part time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Opal Aged Care?