Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Management with no care for staff and residents.
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Sydney South West NSW30 March 2018
No student support, unsafe work practices from some staff, students work tirelessly with no appreciation. Lack of empathy, compassion and people skills from management. Staff bullied and intimidated many residents reported that they were concerned about retribution if they spoke up. Couldn't wait to finish my placement here, never again!! Feelings of isolation and anxiety gone.
Pros
Absolutely Zero
Cons
Management and work practices
I am very Patient and dedicated with every job that i do
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 January 2018
I am looking for a partime or full time job as an AIN Assistant in Nursing.I have always worked with aged people in dementia unit
I have a certificate 3 in Aged Care both home and commuty care.
I am looking for a job where I can grow to become a better worker not just to myself but to the people that I am working with and also to those that I am looking after the older people.
i am hoping to work with u as i am very caring and loving to all my residents.
Absolutely the worst place I ever worked at..and I've worked at some pretty bad ones
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 March 2017
Staff working directly with residents are mostly lovely, caring people. BUT management in the corporate office are money hungry and grubby. They may be clever but not very smart about managing people or a business. I'd be surprised if Opal lasts the distance quite frankly given the extraordinary high attrition rate of it's people.
Pros
Zero
Cons
No real appreciation for people even though Caring is one of it's supposed values
Honesty & Integrity at all times, Willingness to continue to learn, Adaptable and resilient
Sales and Marketing concierge (Former Employee) –  Sydney and travel23 January 2017
- The quality and quantity of daily work, thoroughness, productivity and goal attainment.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, teamwork, cooperation, listening, persuasion, and empathy.
- Planing, administration, and organisation, goal setting and meeting targets/budget, prioritising and profit orientation.
- Leadership, accessibility,responsiveness, decisiveness, collaboration, and delegating.
- Job knowledge and expertise, knowledge base training, mentoring, modelling and researching.
- Positive attitude, dedication, loyalty, reliability, flexibility, initiative, energy and volunteering.
- Ethical, diversity, sustainability, honesty, integrity, fairness and professionalism.
- Creative thinking, innovation, receptiveness, problem solving and originality.
- Self development and growth, learning education and continuous improvement.
Pros
Travel, experience, support
Cons
Loss of the elderly you form a rapport with
How good and important is work as a team
Aged Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW28 June 2015
Is good to see people working together as a family, and standard precautions such as hand-washing, use of personal protective equipment ,safe handling and disposal of sharps.
Cons
part time