Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews for Assistant in Nursing

TOO Much work for Understaff
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Mount Hutton NSW18 June 2018
Management only see their point of view, disregarding staff about the tons of work and always understaff. It is hard work for staff and unfair for the residents
Pros
good staff
Cons
terrible work loads and stress
I am very Patient and dedicated with every job that i do
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 January 2018
I am looking for a partime or full time job as an AIN Assistant in Nursing.I have always worked with aged people in dementia unit
I have a certificate 3 in Aged Care both home and commuty care.
I am looking for a job where I can grow to become a better worker not just to myself but to the people that I am working with and also to those that I am looking after the older people.
i am hoping to work with u as i am very caring and loving to all my residents.
A work place which has it's challenges, but with the great team of AIN's I work with, all challenges are faced and defeated.
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Calamvale QLD2 January 2018
There is no such thing as a perfect aged care facility, yet the staff at Opal endeavour to strive to make residents happy and keep them healthy, and endeavour to accommodate staff in all matters.
Unfortunately, due to tight time management, staff are not able to spend more time interacting with residents which is sometimes sad, as they often just want someone to talk to when their family are far away or do not often visit. But with cares being done, and buzzers being attended to most of the time, it is difficult for AIN's to spend quality time with any individual resident, however we do try to do this over a nail cutting session or while doing cares. Some may however argue that "socializing" is not our jobs, but we do care and they do get lonely.
Pros
A roster that accomodates my life style
Cons
Better hourly rates, run out of materials to do proper cares, flat hoist batteries causing disruption in cares.
Work Environment
AIN Assistant In Nursing (Former Employee) –  Chiswick NSW7 November 2017
Taking care of residents was a challenging but crucial part of the job, well it was the job. I do not regret working there at all. Attending to not only the living needs, I had the deep honour and pleasure of sharing in the laughs, humour from the residents and staff, there is nothing like it.

The hardest part of the job, there are many, however the most hardest was trying to execute my duties to the allocated residents while having one staff member down, this was rather frequent(more than a year), the attitude from management didn't help either, but we stuck to our 'guns' and went to ground to finish the job.
The level of communication was good but not good enough, was an ongoing problem through out my employment, however we made it through with what we had, even without the help of management at times.

In the end I do not regret ever working there, most of the experiences I will treasure forever. I do miss working there with my former co-workers and with the residents, I must move onto other ventures.
Pros
Excellent work ambience with fellow staff members and residents.
Cons
Lack of tact and professionalism from management.
Improvements needed
Assistant In Nursing (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 October 2017
Every change of management brings more displeasure - not a happy place to work at or I imagine to live in. It really needs a complete look at how things are done and how they are handled. It is one thing to say they care but it's another to actually care.
top place to work
ain/activities officer (Former Employee) –  opal raymond terrace gardens18 July 2017
Loved working there the staff are awesome as are the residents. Hated leaving there but had to due to personal reasons. Everyone there works as a team.
Pros
great staff
Great Place to work
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Current Employee) –  Ashmore QLD6 June 2017
Opal is a terrific ,fun and amazing place to work . it has great staff and their values for taking care of the residents goes above and beyond with every resident receiving the best care and attention
Pros
great staff /residents benifits and career options
mis managed
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Rutherford NSW27 May 2017
management poor,always short staffed,no benefits for employes,even no meal for employe doing double shifts,rules are bent only to the requirement of manager
Fabulous work experience
Assistant in Nursing (Casual) (Current Employee) –  NSW13 March 2017
Had fun working with amazing nurses and contended residents. Management was very good and understood our problems and time management issues. The enjoyable part of working here was the fantastic staff and the management.
over worked and under paid
AIN (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 February 2017
This company has too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Staff are over worked and under paid.
management needs to listen to what there staff are saying.
Pros
None that i can think of
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation
personal care
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Bossley Park NSW4 January 2017
l have twenty two years of experience as a assistant in nursing with opal age care group,and i provide the best care in this industry.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Good
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Mount Hutton NSW6 September 2016
It is good. I have been working there for 3 years. I work day shifts because it suits my lifestyle especially now my children all go to school.
Very bad management
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Springwood NSW26 July 2016
The maingement only like those people who butter them ...
And this company is all about money always short staff...
Managers only like the persons who are in management....they are bad in problem resolving
They never appriciate for ur contibution
They only appreciate the people who are in administration. ..thats why all reviews from administration position are nice....
They dont care for their employees....
Worst place to fill short staff shifts....
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
not good
AIN (Current Employee) –  Western sydney21 July 2016
where i work some carers shouldnt be working in this industry, i think management are to busy trying to make a profit and not care about the residents care. they have cut a lot of stuff for us to use when attending to the residents. i wouldnt recomend working for opal, it's frustrating and sad. we are always short staffed and dont get replaced. It is a nursing home shouldnt be worried about making a profit and cutting care to these residents.
Pros
some staff great to work with
Cons
need to care more
Company good to work for
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Caloundra QLD1 June 2016
I have worked all shifts so each shift is different i am mainly rostered on for night shift, i have to help get residents into bed and changed and do their rotations through out the night we have very minimal staff on of a night time so i are always very busy attending to residents who need my assistance.
Way too much work load, zero support from management
Ain (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 May 2016
Zero support from management, staff who been with opal from years thinks they owe the place and treat new staff really bad. Too much chit- chat around the place. Not a very good money for the work staff does. No appreciation opal is all about money .
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Enjoy working with the elderly
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Ashmore QLD15 May 2016
I have the pleasure of going to work and caring for my residents. I have the upmost respect for the elderly. I am very involved with their lives and families and love doing my job.
Pros
Enjoy the company of my residents and helping them
Cons
hours change from week to week
Excellent place to work
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Stanmore NSW8 March 2016
Check client needs with Registered Nurse or other senior person to ensure coverage of care tasks.
Priorities are identified and followed through and outcomes are reported.
Provide physical care to clients, according to routines and assessed needs (eg toileting, showering, dressing).
Provide care to individual residents according to care plan.
Follow facility routines and required practices at all times.
Facilitate and ensure client access to personal care activities provided by others.
Ensure client information remains confidential and secure at all times.
Monitor client condition and report uncharacteristic conditions or observations:
Report uncharacteristic conditions or behaviours to the Registered Nurse or other appropriate senior person.
Share observations with relevant others.
Support and assist clients (e.g. walking, transfers, wheel chair, personal needs and requests):
Ensure client is assisted according to need.
Comfort of client is assured at all times.
Safe practices are observed at all times to ensure client and staff safety.
Maintain client’s environment (as per duties list):
Not enough hours provided to support every day living. rostering is erratic and inconsistant.
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Nambour QLD2 March 2016
Facility unable to provide sufficiant shifts to maintain a regular income. No set shifts provided. Rostering inconsistant and erratic, Unable to organise appointments or family time in advance, because you never know what your next roster will consist of.
Pros
very few
Cons
rostering very erratic.
Opal Raymond Terrace Gardens
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Raymond Terrace NSW23 February 2016
You hit the ground running from start to finish of the shift, it is imperative that you can work as part of the team so that you can work towards common goals.