Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews for Assistant in Nursing

Assistant in Nursing51 reviews
Australia51 reviews
I love my job and the residence and staff i work with. Like any job it has its stresses and it's ups and downs and sometimes i feel like im being personally saute out like they were trying to get rid of me but everyone has a job to do and when certain things happen it must be investigated. Im a good worker and i work hard. I love my job and I hope it continues.
Best and wonderful services, amazing staff and management team. beautiful and big place to work at, with amazing opportunity to sharpen your skills and gradually upgrade your career!!
Seeking position as support worker with core senior care and utilizing skills and assist the residents with daily living activities such as bathing, eating, playing games, washing and mobility management.
The workload and stress put on AIN's is beyond what we are paid for, the management is the worst and we are not treated well in my eyes. The workplace between staff is a great environment and we enjoy coming to work to see each other, aged care is a challenging job but working for opal was the worst experience I've ever had.
I love my job but want to get back into the administration work. The company provides ongoing education on a regular basis and there are general staff meetings all the time giving staff the opportunity to give positive or negative feedback so as to help improve the quality of service we give.
Very fast paced,sometimes leading to no break especially nightshift,not enough staff,demanding,stressful,sometimes not fun.end up with aches and pains
Nice place to work, modern multi level facility with great views and close access to the sunshine coast hospital but need more staff to help cover the work load.
Worst work culture I have ever had, fueled with bullying from management. Constantly new rules to catch staff out. Breaks are timed to the second. no flexibility with shifts. punished for taking sick leave.
Very bad management.
Too much focusing on profit instead of provide quality care to the residents.

No respect for staff.

Short staff all the time.

Roster change all the time and doesn't care about staff availabilities.

Bad enviroment to work.

No recommend anyone to come.
Good company to work for i loved it there
I was there for 3 plus years

The management are great

And the environment is awesome

Very good company i say so
Always loved working for Opal Aged Care. They had great managers, whom I always got along with, work colleagues and supervisors were awesome! Really good training. Never a dull moment, working for this company, always making the job fun wherever possible.
Opal Aged Care Orange has a Facility Manager who does not care who she employees as long as the work gets done. You can't complain about being bullied or if you see a resident gets mistreated because they don't look into complaints if it against their friends and then they will complain about you and get you in trouble as pay back, I think it looks bad when employees get paid from recommending someone to work there.
Pros
Cons
Most staff from management down don't care about how they treat Residents
They are understanding with the shift / days than you are able to work especially if you have kids. As myself have a kid i was only able to work AM shift as part time permanent.
constant demand and attention to residents.
coping, patience, and empathy

duty of care expected and delivered

team environment

nursing (hardest part)

fulfilled needs of residents
Pros
family environment between workers and patients
Cons
high demands within workplace
No respect for staffs.
Too much workload.

Poor and arrogant management team.

Always short staff and long hours. Don’t like working here and Biasness towards staff.
Pros
Friendly staffs and resident
Cons
Everything except staff and resident
I worked in this place for the past seven years. support from management good. Team members don't appreciate each other job, lack of respect for each other
Pros
Making difference in people lives
Cons
Team members need to appreciate/respect each other
No respect for staffs.
Harsh communication of management.

Always short of staffs. Policy is not to replace for sick calls. Not providing enough equipments.even no trolleys for room service. If staffs want to talk about any issues, they are given warnings. Too much profit oriented . Don't have any feelings for staffs. Residents are also compromising because of less staffs and not enough equipments.
Pros
Cons
Not good for long term work.
A likeable working environment that needs a lot of improvement. I have mastered the skill of providing holistic care to residents. The management has the residents at heart. The workplace culture is really good, a lot of teamwork and cooperation. The hardest part of the job is when a resident passes away. The most enjoyable part is when residents smile and show appreciation for what you do for them.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Staffing ratios
I worked for Opal for 8 years.. The first 5 years were fantastic, but the last 3 years were not so.... Opal needs to look at the management that run the facilities There has been a number of staff leave because of management, but no one listens... I only hope the residents future comes out best because of it. Time will tell
Pros
Lovely residents, nice staff
Cons
Long hours, under staffed, Bad management
cant have annual leave no sick days allowed have to go to work sick and always short not a good place to work .. residents are lovely so are staff …. management is un approachable
Pros
residents and staff
Cons
short staffed and management
This company is the best to work for. Your job is secure and your wellbeing is their priority. They treat their residents with dignity care and respect.Residents and their families are given opportunities to provide input or have a say on issues impacting on their wellbeing without fear.