Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
working in aged care
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Inverloch VIC30 June 2016
I enjoy working at Opal specialist aged care, their has been a lot of changes in the years i have been employed their, All for the good.
Everyday their is always something new and I learn and pick up things very easily and quickly.
We have had a lot of change over of management, this is due to being a very large business and so much responsibility. But every manager we have are very lovely and do their job well.
I love working as part of a team environment, i build such a strong rapport with my residents, family members of those residents and as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is losing people so close to me.
My job is very physical but it so rewarding, I really enjoy being part of Opal.
opal nursing is very fun able workplace
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, NSW14 August 2015
no typical day, i learn a lot things there, management is good. hardest part job is handle aggressive residence and i do a lot of enjoy there with the residence and my co-workers were very cooperative and helping.
A good and friendly environment.
PCA - student's placement (Former Employee) –  202 Mc Donalds Rd. Epping3 August 2014
I've learned a lot specially in dealing with dementia residents, providing personal care and encouraging the residents, proper way of manual handling, and being a team player with all of the staffs. The management is good as they encourages each other and the communication is there too.
The hardest part of the job is the language barrier and the residents who are resistance and tend to hurt you e.g scratching, hitting and spitting but once you know the techniques on how to calm them down then it's easier to do them the next time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that everybody are well and happy after providing personal care e.g showering, toileting, feeding and grooming. It is also enjoyable once you build friendship with the residents and the staff of the facility.