Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews for Care Worker

Care Worker6 reviews
Australia6 reviews
Worked over a few facilities, definitely would not recommend springwood!!!!!
As a new care member, I felt bullied, and isolated. Two paeticular team members out of very small amount, dictate who stays and who goes, hence bullying, when it came to going to management for a concern, regarding a leadership team member the whole meeting was spent with the manager defending the RN... This manager appears to care more on her image in the roll she has rather than the team

Another facility has great management team, can't fault them as of yet, however when working on the floor, the RNs fail when it comes to leadership as many care member speak their own language and refuse to abuse by Opal policy of english only in the work place, I am am one of 3 people, who work separate shifts who only speak english... This has been raised many times, yet no action. Other than the approach of the language use, this facility is top notch!
I have work at Opal for about14 years. I have learn a lot and enjoyed very challenging work. Team work and thinking and implementing different aspect life.
As a part of the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing), I had to complete 120 hours of student placement at the Opal Aged Care, Annandale NSW 2038. Being satisfied they offered me a position there & I started working there. Though it’s a good one, it takes 4 hours every day on the road. So, I/m looking for a job somewhere around my home at Mount Druitt.
I work casually as I am studying full time. Work isn't as demanding. Management provides regular mandatory training to all employees and continuously provides further education to all staff. Occasionally when there are no shows, staff have increased workload since management is hesitant to call in staff from agency. Some coworkers are hard to deal with but most are a pleasure. Shift jobs mean flexible hours, which are perfect for students working part time.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Short-staffed shifts are the worst
Working with Opal Aged care is very well maintained and the staff members are very polite and very respectful and treat their staff very well.
The Residents get treated with respect and get treated politely and the staff members are helpful to the Residents.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Is good to see people working together as a family, and standard precautions such as hand-washing, use of personal protective equipment ,safe handling and disposal of sharps.
Cons
part time