Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews for Community Service Officer

Community Service Officer9 reviews
Australia9 reviews
Management never listen to staff or even try to understand what actually goes on. Communication is appalling on every level. We should know what level resident's diet modification etc are and at least a meeting specific to kitchen staff. Bits of information are written on paper towel and left for staff to find. There is absolutely no handover done. You walk into each shift blindly. There are 2 cleaners on and they have to distribute clothes, pick up cups twice a day and set up dining rooms. There is never time to do everything outlined in shift description. Management never want to invest in quality staff and generally look down on GSO's.
staff are amazing and great to work with. It can be stressful as there at times that we are shorthanded . Its a go go environment from the time you start work till end of the day.
The job was easy and required no special skills yet a million issues always cropping up from peoples pure laziness. Also management was the worst ive ever dealt with, no empathy for their staff whatsoever
1. Food preparation,
2. Laudry Work,

3. Cleaning,

4. Paper Work

5. Kitchen Hand

It was a hard working environment. Very fast faced working environment.
A very well job environment to groom yourself as a good human being and treat everyone on equal levels.

Helpful management with supportive staff .

Great opportunity for a higher positions.
firstly, I was working as a general service officer at opal cardinal freeman. later on, I also worked as AIN. I really loved what I did. All the staffs and co workers are really friendly.
Employers are good, people who work there are nice and I enjoy my days working with the staff who are all lovely people. I have been given many opportunities for proessional development.
excellent workplace except being as a casual and not allowed by the boss to become part time and shifts were cut back and told they dont want to put on casual workers. overall good place to work except that con
My co- workers they are very friendly and helping me a lot when i have just start my job. I learned how's to manage time, team work.i am enjoying it.