Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews for Personal Care Assistant

I worked at Opal a few years ago and I done a stupid thing and resigned due to personal reasons. I have sent in an application as you normally do when you apply for a position. I have not yet heard any news good or bad as to this day. It's so frustrating waiting for a reply. Whether it be good or bad I would like to know. Otherwise the facility I worked for was great the people were friendly.
The management is the main problem. Management lies. There are a lot of bullying happening with some staff & from management. Opal Warrnambool is not a good place to work at.
Opal has a culture of bullying, and management do not want to deal with it. Incidents of abuse by staff being covered up by management. Management playing favourites.
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Terrible company to work for . Horrible work culture, where bullying by both mangement and staff is rampant. They do not follow policies and procedures and they promise the residents the earth and they dont deliver. Avoid , Avoid , Avoid.
Pros
Some Good Staff.
Cons
Poor Work environment
Great experience and learnt a lot through my surrounding and experiences at the facility. Management and workplace conditions were of high quality as everyone around me assisted and help in some way.
Pros
Experience in he field of work
Cons
Tiring work
I enjoy working at Opal specialist aged care, their has been a lot of changes in the years i have been employed their, All for the good. Everyday their is always something new and I learn and pick up things very easily and quickly. We have had a lot of change over of management, this is due to being a very large business and so much responsibility. But every manager we have are very lovely and do their job well. I love working as part of a team environment, i build such a strong rapport with my residents, family members of those residents and as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is losing people so close to me. My job is very physical but it so rewarding, I really enjoy being part of Opal.
no typical day, i learn a lot things there, management is good. hardest part job is handle aggressive residence and i do a lot of enjoy there with the residence and my co-workers were very cooperative and helping.
I've learned a lot specially in dealing with dementia residents, providing personal care and encouraging the residents, proper way of manual handling, and being a team player with all of the staffs. The management is good as they encourages each other and the communication is there too. The hardest part of the job is the language barrier and the residents who are resistance and tend to hurt you e.g scratching, hitting and spitting but once you know the techniques on how to calm them down then it's easier to do them the next time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that everybody are well and happy after providing personal care e.g showering, toileting, feeding and grooming. It is also enjoyable once you build friendship with the residents and the staff of the facility.
  1. Personal Care Assistant