Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Management reviews

Management never listen to staff or even try to understand what actually goes on. Communication is appalling on every level. We should know what level resident's diet modification etc are and at least a meeting specific to kitchen staff. Bits of information are written on paper towel and left for staff to find. There is absolutely no handover done. You walk into each shift blindly. There are 2 cleaners on and they have to distribute clothes, pick up cups twice a day and set up dining rooms. There is never time to do everything outlined in shift description. Management never want to invest in quality staff and generally look down on GSO's.
From the get go the interview was strange, and mostly unnecessary for the role. I applied for a General Services role, which was cleaning and kitchen duties. In the interview I was told that it was unlikely I would be hired because I did not have any qualifications (in cleaning??) I did have a lot of experience. The residents really made the workplace bearable, it was extremely understaffed, with no attempt to rectify it and training was poor.I fell pregnant and applied for maternity leave (unpaid leave, casual employee) to hold my position for me when I returned, it was approved. Upon returning after around a year, I was told by management that I would have to completely re-apply and re-interview for a job there, and that they weren't hiring at the time so chances were no job for me. So I'm not sure what the point of filling in the forms and getting it all approved was for, if not to have a job to come back to.
Pros
The residents, large company
Cons
Management, understaffed
Best and wonderful services, amazing staff and management team. beautiful and big place to work at, with amazing opportunity to sharpen your skills and gradually upgrade your career!!
Poor, poor management. They talk at you not to you. Hypercritical with no appreciation of hard working staff. Staff do provide the best care to the residents with the resources that they have, which at times is abysmal- no gloves, continence pads or wipes, dressing packs, wound dressings, even hot water some days. Very unorganised roster. Chaotic and stressful. Broken/not appropriate equipment. Constantly short staffed. Reprimanded for taking allocated (union supported!) work breaks.
Pros
Hard working kitchen laundry care and nursing staff
Cons
Bad management
Opal is very good place to work as employees and supervisor are very supportive, management is always concern about the betterment of employees and personal and workplace balance.
Management is very bad. Unrealistic work load and nurses under stress. Communication from management team to care team is very bad. Bullying happens. Try to save money for every single material. Short of staffs at all times.
Seeking position as support worker with core senior care and utilizing skills and assist the residents with daily living activities such as bathing, eating, playing games, washing and mobility management.
Bullying culture no care for the residents. Failled accrediation on a number of ocassions. Staff disrespect other staff members. Policies and procedures arent followed
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bullying of staff members
overall a great company to work. top management is really supportive. Management in individual care homes has a well-structured organisation. overall a great place to work.
Worked over a few facilities, definitely would not recommend springwood!!!!! As a new care member, I felt bullied, and isolated. Two paeticular team members out of very small amount, dictate who stays and who goes, hence bullying, when it came to going to management for a concern, regarding a leadership team member the whole meeting was spent with the manager defending the RN... This manager appears to care more on her image in the roll she has rather than the team Another facility has great management team, can't fault them as of yet, however when working on the floor, the RNs fail when it comes to leadership as many care member speak their own language and refuse to abuse by Opal policy of english only in the work place, I am am one of 3 people, who work separate shifts who only speak english... This has been raised many times, yet no action. Other than the approach of the language use, this facility is top notch!
Went for an interview at North Lakes site, unprofessionally interviewed, the people who interviewed me looked like they had been pulled off the floor to interview me, very pretentious in their mannerisms, don’t know why I even bothered applying here, even after reading and warned about this place, never got back to me. Word of advice to management, apply some courtesy and let people know if they were successful or not, reflects rather poorly on yourselves. know if they
The management is the main problem. Management lies. There are a lot of bullying happening with some staff & from management. Opal Warrnambool is not a good place to work at.
iam very much satisfied to work with opal aged care , its great place where nice staff coperative ,the management is helpful , they always recognise your hardwork and award with employ of the month...
Pros
free lunch on occasions
The workload and stress put on AIN's is beyond what we are paid for, the management is the worst and we are not treated well in my eyes. The workplace between staff is a great environment and we enjoy coming to work to see each other, aged care is a challenging job but working for opal was the worst experience I've ever had.
The job was easy and required no special skills yet a million issues always cropping up from peoples pure laziness. Also management was the worst ive ever dealt with, no empathy for their staff whatsoever
Worst work culture I have ever had, fueled with bullying from management. Constantly new rules to catch staff out. Breaks are timed to the second. no flexibility with shifts. punished for taking sick leave.
A very well job environment to groom yourself as a good human being and treat everyone on equal levels. Helpful management with supportive staff . Great opportunity for a higher positions.
Caring for the consumers/resident and learning to love the elderly people but the management is not appreciative of the nurses job. Workplace has good nurses but oftentimes berated and ignored.
Doing work experience at Opal aged care home starts the day looking at the orders and how many of them are for each. I then work with the Head Chef to make the food while listening to music and Opal aged is great with people and management. This are great
Very bad management. Too much focusing on profit instead of provide quality care to the residents. No respect for staff. Short staff all the time. Roster change all the time and doesn't care about staff availabilities. Bad enviroment to work. No recommend anyone to come.
Management are the worst. They are unfair and harassing. They promise residents the earth and won’t deliver. They only use policies if it suits them. They have zero care factor. They will pay you to recommend new staff as most other staff have heard about how poor Opal are. Just don’t do it. There are other aged care providers out there.
Pros
The residents