Opal Aged Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Opal Aged Care Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Work–Life Balance
2.8Pay & Benefits

50/50 one facility appauling!!! Another is good

Worked over a few facilities, definitely would not recommend springwood!!!!! As a new care member, I felt bullied, and isolated. Two paeticular team members out of very small amount, dictate who stays and who goes, hence bullying, when it came to going to management for a concern, regarding a leadership team member the whole meeting was spent with the manager defending the RN... This manager appears to care more on her image in the roll she has rather than the team Another facility has great management team, can't fault them as of yet, however when working on the floor, the RNs fail when it comes to leadership as many care member speak their own language and refuse to abuse by Opal policy of english only in the work place, I am am one of 3 people, who work separate shifts who only speak english... This has been raised many times, yet no action. Other than the approach of the language use, this facility is top notch!

Manager is not professional and doesn’t deal with problems in the facility. Poorly run and door always shut and not available when you need to raise concerns. Everyone is unhappy and leaving the place. I wouldn’t recommend at all unless under a new manager . Jensen why they have a lot of staff come and go. And unappreciated and under valued.

Cons

Awful company to work for

Apply elsewhere-I wish i did!. This is a company that puts profit over people at all costs! Opal premium is a disgrace..and does not align with my values and ethics. You also have to wonder about a company that provides incentives (bonus 's) to their staff if they refer someone to work for Opal and they stay longer than 6 months. High turn over of staff and substandard care due to not enough staff coverage. Work culture poor with expectations to work double shifts all too common and not paid accordingly or correctly. There are great jobs out there in Aged care keep looking... as you will not find job satisfaction with this company.

Cons

No salary packaging as it is a company / business for profit

management is not good

cant have annual leave no sick days allowed have to go to work sick and always short not a good place to work .. residents are lovely so are staff …. management is un approachable

Pros

residents and staff

Cons

short staffed and management

Good pay, Flexible hours

I work casually as I am studying full time. Work isn't as demanding. Management provides regular mandatory training to all employees and continuously provides further education to all staff. Occasionally when there are no shows, staff have increased workload since management is hesitant to call in staff from agency. Some coworkers are hard to deal with but most are a pleasure. Shift jobs mean flexible hours, which are perfect for students working part time.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Short-staffed shifts are the worst

Great Place to work

Opal is a terrific ,fun and amazing place to work . it has great staff and their values for taking care of the residents goes above and beyond with every resident receiving the best care and attention

Pros

great staff /residents benifits and career options

mis managed

management poor,always short staffed,no benefits for employes,even no meal for employe doing double shifts,rules are bent only to the requirement of manager

Not a pleasant experience

This is the worst company I've ever worked for in my entire working life. Management at that time was beyond incompetent and utterly appalling (I'm told there is new management so I hope they are better now) and the a high percentage of staff were difficult to work with. I would NEVER recommend for anyone to work here after the soul destroying experience I had.

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

Awful, uncaring management, no salary sacrifice, difficult staff. Uphill battle every single day.

Amount of work not commensurate to the benefits

Very busy. In addition to medication administration for 30+ residents, RNs are responsible for doing dressings that are due, case conferences, follow up of issues, etc. Management was supportive. Co-workers do not their part most of the time so other shifts have to cop with what's left. Most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Discrepancy with pay from time to time, delayed pay - only happened once but pay was delayed for 1 month, heavy workload, no salary packaging

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Opal Aged Care?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opal Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Opal Aged Care