Opal Aged Care Employee Review

View all Opal Aged Care reviews

Working on new Opal age care (bankstown) is a very hectic experience.
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW26 January 2019
No respect for staffs.
Harsh communication of management.
Always short of staffs. Policy is not to replace for sick calls. Not providing enough equipments.even no trolleys for room service. If staffs want to talk about any issues, they are given warnings. Too much profit oriented . Don't have any feelings for staffs. Residents are also compromising because of less staffs and not enough equipments.
Pros
Cons
Not good for long term work.

Other Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews

The staff are wonderful, as are the residents
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Calamvale QLD8 July 2019
I completed my placement at Opal Calamvale, in 2019 the staff were excellent compassionate and showed respect and dignity to residents. They were fantastic to buddy with and answered any questions that I had.The kitchen staff were on the ball and new every resident by name and by meals requirements very professional with a good variety of meals. Overall the residents needs were look after in a speedy time frame and had a lot of daily activities to keep them occupied throughout the day. I had a excellent rapport with residents and staff and felt like a extended family I miss them dearly. Even tho I was kept running the whole day I still found time to have one on one conversations with residents putting a smile on their face. I would love to have full time work with them , however it’s just a bit of distance from where I live .i only spoke with management on a few occasions and found them to be kind and helpful.
Pros
compassion & empathy, respectful & showed dignity
Cons
Short on laundry Monday mornings
Poor management, bullying culture
Pca (Current Employee) –  Victoria2 July 2019
Opal has a culture of bullying, and management do not want to deal with it. Incidents of abuse by staff being covered up by management. Management playing favourites.
Pros
Cons
Bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opal Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.