Opal Aged Care Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Assistant in Nursing (AIN) (Current Employee) –  Ashmore QLD6 June 2017
Opal is a terrific ,fun and amazing place to work . it has great staff and their values for taking care of the residents goes above and beyond with every resident receiving the best care and attention
Pros
great staff /residents benifits and career options
mis managed
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Rutherford NSW27 May 2017
management poor,always short staffed,no benefits for employes,even no meal for employe doing double shifts,rules are bent only to the requirement of manager
You are just a number no care for workers
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) physio aide (Former Employee) –  Raymond Terrace NSW27 March 2017
Residents are beautiful and make work enjoyable however management is a joke
They have bullying tactics and nothing u do ever gets recognised fellow care staff are amazing
Pros
Residents and fellow care staff amazing
Fabulous work experience
Assistant in Nursing (Casual) (Current Employee) –  NSW13 March 2017
Had fun working with amazing nurses and contended residents. Management was very good and understood our problems and time management issues. The enjoyable part of working here was the fantastic staff and the management.
Absolutely the worst place I ever worked at..and I've worked at some pretty bad ones
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 March 2017
Staff working directly with residents are mostly lovely, caring people. BUT management in the corporate office are money hungry and grubby. They may be clever but not very smart about managing people or a business. I'd be surprised if Opal lasts the distance quite frankly given the extraordinary high attrition rate of it's people.
Pros
Zero
Cons
No real appreciation for people even though Caring is one of it's supposed values
Well organised Clean and bright Environment
Aged / Personal Carer (Former Employee) –  Carseldine QLD27 February 2017
Raynbird Aged Care Facility was an amazing fun vibrant place to work. I had a great relationship with the clients and a great rapport with the staff.
over worked and under paid
AIN (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 February 2017
This company has too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Staff are over worked and under paid.
management needs to listen to what there staff are saying.
Pros
None that i can think of
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation
Great overall experience and benefited through the environment around me at the facility
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 February 2017
Great experience and learnt a lot through my surrounding and experiences at the facility. Management and workplace conditions were of high quality as everyone around me assisted and help in some way.
Pros
Experience in he field of work
Cons
Tiring work
Honesty & Integrity at all times, Willingness to continue to learn, Adaptable and resilient
Sales and Marketing concierge (Former Employee) –  Sydney and travel23 January 2017
- The quality and quantity of daily work, thoroughness, productivity and goal attainment.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, teamwork, cooperation, listening, persuasion, and empathy.
- Planing, administration, and organisation, goal setting and meeting targets/budget, prioritising and profit orientation.
- Leadership, accessibility,responsiveness, decisiveness, collaboration, and delegating.
- Job knowledge and expertise, knowledge base training, mentoring, modelling and researching.
- Positive attitude, dedication, loyalty, reliability, flexibility, initiative, energy and volunteering.
- Ethical, diversity, sustainability, honesty, integrity, fairness and professionalism.
- Creative thinking, innovation, receptiveness, problem solving and originality.
- Self development and growth, learning education and continuous improvement.
Pros
Travel, experience, support
Cons
Loss of the elderly you form a rapport with
Managing when needed to run facility
RN (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour14 January 2017
Good experience to learn how the Aged Care Funding Instrument work within Australia. Aged Care in Australia is a large part of the health sector in Australia
Pros
Good team work
Cons
working night shift
personal care
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Bossley Park NSW4 January 2017
l have twenty two years of experience as a assistant in nursing with opal age care group,and i provide the best care in this industry.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Workplace is respectful and polite and very helpful
Aged Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW17 December 2016
Working with Opal Aged care is very well maintained and the staff members are very polite and very respectful and treat their staff very well.
The Residents get treated with respect and get treated politely and the staff members are helpful to the Residents.
Pros
Long breaks
Not a pleasant experience
RAO (Former Employee) –  Central West NSW28 November 2016
This is the worst company I've ever worked for in my entire working life. Management at that time was beyond incompetent and utterly appalling (I'm told there is new management so I hope they are better now) and the a high percentage of staff were difficult to work with.
I would NEVER recommend for anyone to work here after the soul destroying experience I had.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Awful, uncaring management, no salary sacrifice, difficult staff. Uphill battle every single day.
Money money money private agedcare in a nutshell
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 October 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for . So focused on profits cost cutting is scrupulous. No support for the hard working floor staff just bonuses and perks at the management level . And have i met some insane mentaly unstable unemployable managers . Seems all Opal attracts are the deros no one elso will employ all good managets wouldnt lower their standards to work for this company ....... a big top end clean out is needed your brand is mud .
Pros
Floor staff rock .all understand the rott
Cons
Bloody awfull place revolting attitude toward what they are actualy providing communities
A Joke
EEN (Former Employee) –  Paynesville11 October 2016
Having worked at Opal as a PCA for many years, It became apparent that the company mission was to make money. There was no respect of the staff from management. They will prefer to work short staffed so the wages are kept down which increases the bottom line. This helps with managers bonuses. The manager we had was a professional liar who turned staff, residents and their families against this person. The general feel of the environment was very toxic. Staff all wanting to quit or leave. Opal could become a quality aged care facility but they need to remember that if they provide exceptional care, the word will get out and then the profits will follow. LISTEN to your staff
Pros
Some great staff at nursing level
Cons
Where do I start
Absolutely horrible place
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD29 September 2016
I have worked at opal for 2.5 years and it has to be the worse job ive ever worked in. They treat you like puppets, they have no compassion for their staff. The money isnt the greatest and all they care about is money. Opal work you so hard so bad to the point you get sick and then treat you like rubbish when you need a break. I wouldnt reccomend opal to anyone.
Pros
It was close to home and staff are good.
Cons
Too many unhappy staff
Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NSW25 September 2016
A typical day at work was very stressfull - Underpaid, undersupported and overworked. Management were oblivious. Co workers were miserable. I learnt that I do not want to end up in the care of Opal when I am aged.
Volunteer experience
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 September 2016
I enjoy helping out the hairdresser and interacting with the elderly residents. it is a great company to allow student to do their placement there to gain experience in the industry and to teach us how to communicate with strangers.
Pros
Something to assist with communication with others
Cons
it is where my mum works
Good
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Mount Hutton NSW6 September 2016
It is good. I have been working there for 3 years. I work day shifts because it suits my lifestyle especially now my children all go to school.
Very bad management
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Springwood NSW26 July 2016
The maingement only like those people who butter them ...
And this company is all about money always short staff...
Managers only like the persons who are in management....they are bad in problem resolving
They never appriciate for ur contibution
They only appreciate the people who are in administration. ..thats why all reviews from administration position are nice....
They dont care for their employees....
Worst place to fill short staff shifts....
Pros
Cons
Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Opal Aged Care. Our community is ready to answer.