Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI)

Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) Employee Reviews

Wonderful work place
Systems Development- Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Medina, MN6 April 2019
Good Management
scope for career progression
Work life balance
Poor place to work
Project Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis5 February 2019
This is a poorly run company that relies on the over working staff without compensation to get work done. The salary is far below standard for the job and their bonuses are a joke, not even covering the hours you have put in let alone being a bonus.

The only good thing about OSI is the people you work with.
Great company for new and entry level engineers
POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEER, DMS (Former Employee) –  Medina, MN11 November 2018
New engineers get put on an industry level boot camp of company products and training. You get to learn things very quickly and thoroughly in the process.
Fast growing
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN20 October 2018
I have enjoyed my time working here. They are growing extremely quickly, and there are plenty of growing pains, but it's fun to be part of something that does this well.
Great company to gain experience.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN27 May 2018
Very hardworking and helpful coworkers. Management is helpful and supportive, with weekly one-on-one meetings. Almost all management have engineering backgrounds.
One time I win PSP4 to plan ping pong table.
Client management Approval (Former Employee) –  Medina, MN19 March 2018
I worked with a great team. basically started with open my email to see if there're any kind of important massage also see the schedule for daily base meeting with the team. and the I start my regular job with is soft ware testing. I used TFS tool with agile methodology for this project. that is pretty much did my previous job. We have daily stander meeting with our team. There are one project manager , one QA Manager, Business Analyst, 4 QA tester including me also a developer and architect in our team.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
This is an oncall contract position
SCADA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR26 October 2017
This is an on call contract position. Very good position. Training provided. I learned a lot about OSI Monarch EMS Systems. Travel expenses paid. The hardest part was the travel and getting adjusted to a new assignment but I was able to handle it because I was used to this kind of travel anyway. I did enjoy the expert level of support that I experienced at OSI. the culture was atypical EMS office environment also worked in the control center and got to interact with the operators.
Great company for entry level positions
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN17 May 2016
Great company for entry level positions. Benefits are very good and software product is interesting. There is also free pop.
Good place to begin your career in the business world.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN6 May 2015
As stated in the summary, I believe it is a good place to begin your career. After you develop there is not much room for vertical grown, mostly horizontal.
Great place to learn and use your technical skills
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN9 April 2015
Open Systems is a challenging place to work. Their customers are electric utilities who use their control systems to manage the power grid. this is challenging from a security perspective and operationally. A good engineer works hard and learns a lot.
Pros
The customers run 24/7/365, Engineers really have impact and are expected to know what they are doing, It's a young, high energy environment.
Cons
The customers are demanding, They expect a lot and the engineers are the ones doing the work, you need to be willing to work hard.
Business (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN31 March 2015
I started working at OSI shortly after graduating from college. This is a high tech, fast-paced company and I was pretty lost when I started. I've learned so much here thanks to having a great supervisor and supportive coworkers. I look forward to a long career here.
Pros
Culture (great coworkers, everyone is so positive), generous benefits, beautiful building with a gym and employee gardens
Cons
Commute to Medina, no work from home options, required hour lunch break
Wasn't what I expected
FAS (Former Employee) –  medina, mn23 October 2014
got a job offer right out of college, management didn't know half of the stuff they claimed to. If come from a background other than computers you get looked down on. People will help but don't except to learn anything. FAS group is a joke
Pros
Free PPP
Cons
backstabbing
Growing, fast paced company
Electrical Engineering/CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN20 July 2014
Enjoy working for them. Several re-orgs in the past couple years, which should help in the long run.
Lots to do short staffed with plenty of deadlines
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN23 May 2014
Great company to work for, Employees try to be helpful when they are not busy. Unfortunately the product documentation on the company network is poor, you will spend time hunting for procedural or spec documents only to find that they are out of date or don't exists. Cake every 3rd Thursday of the month, beer and wine once ever quarter.
Cons
Long work hours and product documentation
Good entry position
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Medina, MN5 December 2013
Unless you are an engineer, you do not need to stay late, and th culture is very inexperienced. You will not get paid decently until after 2 years at the company.
Great place for new college grads
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Medina, MN30 July 2013
A great learning environment for college graduates but if you are looking for a decent pay then look elsewhere.
Pros
Free pop and causal environment
Cons
salary, limited scope of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI). Our community is ready to answer.

Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) Reviews by Job Title