Opera Australia

Opera Australia Employee Reviews

Unproductive, dis- organised, low paid
Ticketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surry Hills NSW18 February 2020
No training or career advancement opportunities.
Management style is pretty slack, well lack of management.
They increase your workload with no increase of pay.
Great Productions, Good People, Terrible Stability
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 February 2019
Opera Australia is a fantastic performing arts company, but the turnover of staff driven by a revolving door in upper management means you are unable to count on your role being around for more than a year or two no matter how well you perform.
Work Experience
Assisting others (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 June 2018
It was a unique opportunity to work there for the few days I did for Year 10 work experience. I learned a lot about the work processes and departments working there.

A typical day, if I remember correctly or if it has not changed starts in the early morning and work on assigned tasks for the given project at hand through the day. There are breaks for morning tea and a longer one for lunch, some going out to grab a bite at near by cafes but most generally choose to stay hanging around the work room while they eat, remaining focuses until the end of the day.

I really enjoyed being able to look through the various departments, being shown around and the such. The environment was a little too uptight and unwelcoming for my personal taste, but there were also plenty of lovely staff mates that helped me out where I needed it. The wig department were particularly kind and willing to teach me new things.
productive and fun workplace
workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 January 2018
so much fun working with kids and creating puppets. a typical day at work consisted of setting up tables and tools for puppet making, and helping the children.
Pros
fun crew
Comfortable
Operatic Voice (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 August 2016
Very professional and comfortable atmosphere, allowed me to work alongside some terrific people within the industry. Twas a lovely place to gain experience from.
Pros
After school hours
Cons
Inflexible work hours
great job
opera singer,contractor education consultant. (Former Employee) –  melbourne and sydney13 February 2013
Touring with the opera company has been great,seeing Australia and singing. Great Job
Pros
seeing all of australia
Cons
long travel days.
This is a non paying role
Event consultant (Current Employee) –  Surry Hills24 October 2012
I was invited to join the Events Committee 13 years ago and have enjoyed being part of this team. Quite a varied group of individuals but all work well and brainstorm ideas together.
We meet about 6 - 7 times a year and our functions are 2 extravagant gala's...March and October.