Oporto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oporto Employee Reviews

Australia237 reviews
oporto is a good food company i love their food and still till this day enjoy dining with them but i wouldn’t recommend working there as i didn’t enjoy it myself
This work environment can be quite stressful for the employee. its fast paced and often a trainees first shift is quite busy, causing stress to themselves and their surrounding team.
Great place to work all the team members are friendly and helpful. Management are good at their job and everything runs smoothly. Learn a lot of skills. All round fun and friendly environment for a work place
I had a good experience there. It was adaptable and people can approach this company for exposure in the food industry. Their training delivery to employees is unique.
Really fast paced and many encounters of problems which require immediate effective decision making.
The store consists of friendly staff and high priority on hygiene.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
Oporto is good place to work. Working environment is good. Management system also supportive. You can find different countries people working in one roof.
Work st Oporto is done at a very fast- paced. All the orders should be completed in very less spsn of time. Working in Oporto is fun and make you learn the teamwork skills and problem solving skills. It makes a perdon all rounder.
Worked experience in the fast food industries requires fast decision making capacity with calmness in the behavior. I love working in the industry. Started from the very basic position i reached to the top of the store management in a very marginal time.
Did not work long time, it was a training time and worked about a month and learned many things through the time through. But always wished to work in big environment.
Like it there well enough. Most of the people are nice, and the managers are cool. The environment is relaxed and efficient, and the customers are good. The work is also very easy to do.
A typical day at work wouldn't be too tiring, the managers are extremely helpful and understanding. I've learnt better customer service skills, how to move faster in handling cash and the patience it takes during rush hours. The management is good. Workplace culture is friendly. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with smart mouthed customers. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the staff.
i have good experience working at oporto . staff is really friendly , work as a team and got healthy competitive atmosphere. it was easy to adjust at place and learn work at that place in beginning.
As stated, they hire way too many casuals for their small store, then give you no shifts, promise more and then don't deliver, and lastly let you go without warning, Which is frankly disrespectful, when you do nothing wrong.

Working there was fine though, colleagues were friendly and helpful, store was not stressful and you get plenty of time to learn the ropes. only take this for work experience, you wont get much here. 2/5
oporto is a fun place to make new friends. but i wouldn't suggest it for a long term job. People were very friendly,but at times, the supervisor on shift would take advantage of you being new and make you do all the dirty work.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Oporto Littlehampton, the staff were very welcoming and supportive the work was fun but still professional and the customer interaction was great, would 10/10 work again and recommend.
Although the company itself was very well for a first job, I was disrespected by the staff and didn’t have the best experience. I had to learn myself, which isn’t bad but I was always sent to do the same job constantly. I personally felt like I needed a job more for me and that makes me happy.
Great place although extremely stressful. Overall a great way to gain experience. It was a collaborative environment where staff worked together to ensure a great day
This was my first ever experience as a workplace in Sydney. It has been great working with such a rewarding company and co-workers. The people are friendly as a family.
working at Oporto can be very stressful especially when they do not put enough staff on, in my opinion I would not work at the Oporto in my area again but am willing to try out a different Oporto.
Started as a cashier then after 2 years I managed to become a store manager. Working side by side with multi cultural colleagues. Flexible timetable for every one. Fun and safe working enviroment
Tasks:
- Run the kitchen.

- Clean and wipe down equipment.

- Stock up fridges and prep.

- Serve customers.

What did i learn?

I learned how to work in a fast-paced environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oporto. Our community is ready to answer.