Oporto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oporto Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good Work Environment

Enjoyed my time at Oporto's overall. There was a delay in getting certified as a manager (1+ year) so I was working in the manager position without certifications. Required to stay back sometimes to 1am without pay (stopped getting paid at 9:30pm). Not enough staff on shifts which resulted in poor customer service, often only 2 staff members on, in a busy Westfield's shop. Huge turn over in staff, which caused a disruption in shifts. Great team and productive team members.

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay

Cons

High turn over of staff, late roster, delayed position training

easy first job

I've worked as a team member for Oporto for a few years now and in conclusion it has been a pretty good first job. Learning customer service is the main benefits to a fast food job, which can be used to help get you a better job in the future.

Pros

easy going, and great co-workers

Cons

bad pay, your cloths will be always oily and you come home smelling like cooking oil.

Fun workplace

Good workplace. Opportunities for more responsibility and career development. Good support from team leaders. Free food during breaks. Would recommend

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Hours

If you care about your mental health, you'll avoid this place.

The managers are incredibly picky, the owner has no idea what they're doing and the staff have pretty poor standards. There's terrible communication involved within and outside the store. They expect you to know majority of the tasks without even showing you how to complete them. The managers and crewmates have short tempers and really need to get some attitude checks. If you really value your mental and physical health you'll definitely avoid this place.

Pros

none lmao

Cons

everything

Good Job for starters

Would be a good job for teenagers. Anyone who's getting into work life. They have simple menu, easy to work on. Comparatively easy to become a shift runner in short period.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Extreme heat, specially during Summer time!!!!

Fun and enjoyable if management knows what they're doing

Worked for close to 7 years across about 7 different stores. Went from Team Member to Supervisor to Restaurant Manager in about 4 years. Finished up as an Assistant Manager for personal reasons. Do recommend Oporto if the management is good though Head Office tends to not care about the stores. Day to day was fun and enjoyable

Fantastic first job and skill building

Great first job. Management and training is quality, teaches effective time management and stress management skills to equip people for future job prospects. It also looks strong on a resume .

Pros

50% off food before and after shift, postive atmosphere in workplace, low turnover rate indicates satisfaction. Happily working my 4th year at Oportos.

Cons

Part time employees, pay is significantly cut and benefits do not make up for it.

Poor workplace culture

Working with team members was good they were super kind however working in an environment where the manager puts you down isn't an ideal place to work

Cons

Managers are rude

OK job bad Management

Job itself is not bad but the managers are bossy and rude . A boring place to work at. I resigned 2 weeks after working there. If you like to work like a robot than oporto plumpton would be the best place.

Pros

50% staff doscount on food

Cons

Bad bad management

Productive and challenging

Oportos was my first job which meant I had difficulty coping with the environment and tasks. Although I gained a lot of skills and learnt quite a few things about the fast food industry, it took time to reach expectations. I quit due to personal reasons however it was a good experience on my part.

Pros

Good hours as a student

Cons

Peak hours become stressful

so chill

i got this job easily and it was hard at first but i really look forward to my shifts now. made some friends and most ppl are so nice and it’s super chill and easy to work at. the salary is alright but i usually just play music at work and it’s pretty fun. i’m happy with the management and the environment is nice.

Pros

made friends and can play ur own music

Cons

minimal training but you get used to it

Not bad

Would like to recommend someone for a new job so that they can learn in a fast paced environment. Improve their skills at customer service also the team

Productive and quick workplace that allows an easy learning environment

I worked at Oportos for 5 or so months, during this time, all my colleges were very open and nice, they taught me how to work everything and we're patient with me while I learnt.

Pros

Learning different skills

Cons

Bad Pay

Worst job

My experience with Oporto has been the worst. There is no job security and no proper communication was made when they stood me down. I was in shock when one fine day I couldn’t login to the portal all of a sudden. It was at the moment I came to know that I had lost my job. My manager didn’t inform me regarding prior aro it.

Pros

Food is good other than no pros at all

Cons

No job security

Bad management

Adequate training was not provided, breaks were not given when required (ie 6 or 6.5 hour shifts without a break), and management was very pushy when recruiting people to work shifts at very short notice

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Poor environment

Don’t apply!

This Job was terrible and very discriminatory, I was receiving unreasonable work for the first 3 months there, about 3 hours a week. Then I was thrown 20 hour+ weeks Which I appreciated, about 2 weeks later I saw new people being hired. A shift manager told me that they bulk hire to keep the average wage low. Which is despicable, giving people 3 hours a week. We switched managers and since. I haven’t received a single shift since March.

Pros

Work Experience

Cons

Terrible Management.

2019 Review

Not sure if it's the only place that did it but they kept changing the managers and each new manager had their own specific ways of doing things. It just became very stressful in the end, everyone was eventually leaving the business. They never rostered on enough staff members to work thoughout the day which resulted in the staff not wanting to come into work in the first place. In the end, I finished my shift normally, was told "I'll see you next week" and never heard from them again. Abit of a coincidence since I just turn 20 around that time too, figured they didn't want to pay me anymore money considering the business was already struggling.

Pros

Wage

oporto

oporto is a good food company i love their food and still till this day enjoy dining with them but i wouldn’t recommend working there as i didn’t enjoy it myself

stressful, fast paced environment

This work environment can be quite stressful for the employee. its fast paced and often a trainees first shift is quite busy, causing stress to themselves and their surrounding team.

Great place to work all the team members are friendly and helpful. Management are good at their job and everything runs smoothly. Learn a lot of skills. All round fun and friendly environment for a work place

great

I had a good experience there. It was adaptable and people can approach this company for exposure in the food industry. Their training delivery to employees is unique.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oporto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Oporto
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?