Oporto Employee Reviews

Is an amazing workplace
Part time employee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 March 2019
i love my experience at Oporto's, the employees the environment everthing is so great here. Its clean organised and well taken care of thanks to the staff and the owners, i would highly recommend Oporto as a first job as they will allow flexible hours and an inviting environment for you to feel comfortable.
Great place to gain experience and work in a close knit team
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 March 2019
great place as a first real job, grants a ton of good experience in the hospitality industry with cooking cleaning and all customer service rolls along with using Point of Service systems and cash handling. Also great potential for career progression if that's the path you would like to go down.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
can become very stressful
horrible
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albion Park NSW30 January 2019
the mangers was horrible
stop giving me shifts
people i worked with were great but the mangers where really harsh on us employees which sucks a lot
free food sometimes
Fun to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Homebush NSW25 January 2019
Work environment is cool enough,very flexible hours and ease to work with the management.There’s no stress although it’s a busy place.I enjoy working at Oporto.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No cons
only worked here for a few months
Kotara/Charlestown - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW22 January 2019
Supervisors were always quite supportive and would generally give you more shifts if you asked for them when possible. There was the opportunity to receive more training if wanted.
Front of house staff
Front of house staff (Former Employee) –  Arundel QLD10 January 2019
The days were unexpected and fast paced.
I learnt how to use a deep fryer, and how a chicken in cooked in a rotisserie.
There were alot of great employees aswell as managers.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fortitude Valley QLD5 January 2019
Working at Oporto has allowed me to work fast, smart and efficient. It has also allowed me to grow as an individual, strengthening my skills in the customer service department.

Overall the workplace culture is positive, with employees, encouraging and cheering each other on through the rough, busy periods.

The hardest part of the job is doing the overnight shifts, which is an essential part when working in the Fortitude Valley store.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is meeting new people whilst working, talking to customers, and generally having a good time at work.
Pros
The lovely employees
Cons
The overnight shifts
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Casula, NSW, AU3 December 2018
working at oporto's has taught me how a fast food restaurant works and all the pieces that help it run smoothly. I have learned how management exists throughout a store such as oporto's
Pros
Discount from menu
Cons
Travelling to store
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Burwood29 November 2018
A cooperative team to work with. A nice experience dealing with different customers and attending to their needs. Enjoy working with the register software system. A supportive management .
Pros
Frees Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
great food and service
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Tamworth NSW27 November 2018
good place to work
but they gave me free food and drinks
they have a good menu and they have good chicken wings and good chips.
I like doing customer service and cleaning the tables
great first job
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW20 November 2018
great first job experience, staff were so friendly and caring. It was great building a relationship with your regular customers and making their break enjoyable providing them with their favourite meal. The hardest part about working there was not being able to eat the food while your working.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
when it gets busy you have to be quick
Excellent
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bondi Beach NSW15 November 2018
When I joined to the work in 2016, I was really scared about the responsibility. After a few days, I encouraged to take responsibility and maintain everything properly.
Pros
Everything is flexbile
Cons
Sometimes extremely busy.
A typical day In retail
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW14 November 2018
Open the store, clean the store. Prepare all necessary targets for the day. Customer engagement, satisfactory service and goals achieved. Working in Retail was some of the best experiences of my life, along with teaching in China. Customer engagement and hard work gets the job done.
Great place to work at
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Queensland11 November 2018
the people are nice and everyone was really welcoming. work environment was good, no problems. meeting new people was great and would recommend to others.
Pros
chill managers, not flexible availibilty is ok
Cons
closes early
Good salary, Good people
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 November 2018
Oporto was a good company. I enjoyed the work although I did struggle at the start, I got better as I kept consistent. Oporto’s has a Good environment In and out. Oporto is a clean restaurant.
Pros
Great food. Great staff. Neat and tidy areas.
Cons
Lunch breaks to small
fun and productive
Cashier, front (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2018
being able to know about the fast food environment gave me knowledge and experience of understanding food and focusing more on what the customers want, the staff and managers were very fun to work with and understanding, the workplace was lively and upbeat with good vibes, the best part of working here was being able to work in team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
doing close shifts
Fun working place with a big TV in the dinning area
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Rose Bay NSW8 October 2018
Nice burgers with clean dine in area with cooperative team members. Friendly environment, supportive and understanding boss which motivated to give my best.
Pros
50% discount on the lunch
Cons
not enough hours
productive fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Baxter VIC7 October 2018
I would normally be at Oporto until the end of the day, so I would have to clean the grills and oven, sweep and wash the floors, clean the containers and take out the rubbish.

the management team at Oporto is great I have no issues with them, they are just all really good

the hardest part of the job is when there is a lot of customers that come in all at once, so I need to be prepared for them and manage my time on each and every order that comes through as well as making sure we have enough cooked food to give out

the most enjoyable part of the job would be when you get a compliment from customers saying that the burger and food was really good, it gives you a lot more confident and makes you feel good
Productive, employees didn't speak fluent english
Cashier and Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Strathfield NSW23 September 2018
The employees were hard to understand at the Oporto Strathfield, so communication was an issue. Employers were kind and supportive, but the environment reinforced discipline and efficient work ethic
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low pay
Nice people to work with
Staff (Former Employee) –  Perth13 September 2018
As Oporto is a fast-food restaurant, I needed to multitask a lot, and I was most of the time stationed at the drive-thru. So I had to take orders while putting them in bags at the same time all the time. Taught me a lot in the process.
Pros
Good working environment