Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews

Australia225 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Excellent I really enjoyed trAining and the team environment great store and manage her would definately work there again good pay and benefits made you feeek

System is hard to get the hang of - pay is good

Management won't treat you well if you're not hitting your targets. System is very confusing to learn and there's quite a strict outline on the conversations you need to have with customers and if you don't ask them all 283752 questions you'll get in trouble. I did end up leaving pretty early on because the stress-load for a casual job I wasn't looking for a career in wasn't really worth it.

People and Culture are good but lack of security and process failure make it hard to work efficiently.

No Job security. People often leave an nobody to take over their work. Has been on the decline for a while - a lot of internal systems and process dont work efficiently and it seems too hard to fix.

No Faults here

Super wonderful company to work for. Great team building alongside sales. Every day is new and exciting. Management is supportive and helpful. Opportunities always around to move up if you put in the hard work!

What could possibly go wrong?

Great company to work for in the beginning but as time went by too much bullying, politics, poor management no strategy too many redundancies. poorly trained managers.

Pretty demoralising. Cold, unfriendly, cult-like.

I could go on and on about this place. If you're into cults, unfriendly 'leaders', proclamation of open-door policy (which sees you out the door), no care for your health, immense sales pressure, unpaid overtime and treatment like a child while asking for support, hearing Toto songs on repeat for four hours, 'leaders' on electric scooters standing behind you, constant pointless team meetings, being forced to take unwanted equipment home, and getting eye-rolled at, here's your tribe.

good

really nice boss and good job prospect. even tho a bit stressful cos lots of KPIs but co workers are fun and the job is really awarding. required lots of knowledge

A bit stressful as we felt constantly being monitored

working as a retail asistant is a bit stressful as the manager uses result-based management, that is they dont care about what or how you do in work as long as you reach your kpi, you also have to compete with your collegues for sales too, a bit of toxic culture

Redundancies common, lots of gate keeping

Managers are unsupportive and gossipy. Weird and unwelcoming vibes. Often you would be working with a team who would be made redundant so you couldn't complete a project.

Pros

Nice offices

Cons

Toxic

It was a productive day everyday. No staff was on your head all the time. My Managers were very helpful. Great workplace culture.

Management was very helpful throughout my job time. I started during the lockdown, but the management team helped me throughout my time there in optus. They provided me thorough training and always ask me if i need their help.Overall it was a great experience😊 i would definitely recommend..

Pros

Stress free work environment

Cons

Salary was decent but not up-to my living expenses☹️

Optus likes to show that it has a great culture. Ground reality is different.

Optus does not 'walk the talk'. They like to show the world that they are an organisation with great culture and environment which encourages talent. However, the ground reality is quite the opposite. You will be promoted or considered for good roles in the company if you have the right connections. If you work hard and depend on merit this is not the place for you to be in. Sycophancy is rampant in Optus - if this is your forte you will succeed in Optus.

Pros

Great campus, paid beer and expensive food courts.

Cons

Friends and family are encouraged and promoted by leaders at the cost of true performers.

Relaxed co-workers

Management only cares about making sales and constantly changes managers who have to go through the process of trying to understand the stores processes already in place

Good work life balance

Good work life balanceThings are slow to get done. Career progression can stagnate very quickly if not lucky with projects. Funding is low and affects project successes.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

SLow to get things done Location

Management is horrible

Management don’t care about staff. Constantly treating staff badly & barely got any shifts because I spoke up about the way I was being treated. I was not expecting the rudeness

unrealistic expectations

unrealistic expectations, demanding, constant changing of goal posts, demoralising, expecting miracles, sales obsessed, universal agent, insufficent training.

Cons

unrealistic expectations

Productive and fun workplace, could do better on bridging discriminatory pay gap and progression

Optus has a lot of good things to offerAmazing campus with a vibrant work lifeHeaps of learning opportunitiesOnsite and work benefitsFlexible working Great work culture

Pros

Campus, Learning opportunities

Cons

Considerable pay gaps between same jobs, Very few growth progression opportunities

Poor management

Always changing management and adding new levels of management. Hiring by gender and not merit, same goes for redundancies. Now run by ex bankers so dont expect much.

Pros

Monthly discount of phone bill

Cons

Poor Management

Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment

I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.

Pros

Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture

Beautiful people and great culture

I loved every aspect of working at Optus. Although my work could have been more challenging considering my experience. But over all, it was a good learning experience ..

Pros

Events

Cons

Always offers a contractual job

Very professional

Intense with kpi's but not a bad place to work, pretty good culture, excellent managers. Great for improving phone skills, as well as problem solving skills.

Loved working here

Great team and supportive management- Interesting work and learning options. Work expectations are high but you know exactly what is expected of you. Have had 2 contract roles here and would go back anytime

Pros

Good management and culture

Cons

None really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Optus