Optus logo
Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus

Optus Employee Review

Great Culture

Great culture, environment of learning - Gaining skills of an office job in a retail setting - Requires collaboration and team work to achieve store KPIs and bonuses so I would say working in a team is crucial to your own success as well as the the store you work in.

Same roleSame location

Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment

I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.

Pros

Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture
Same role

No training for critical work

Had zero training, manager left after my first shift, worked between stores where I went 2 months without meeting the new and current managers. Wasn't given personal login details until after the first month, wasn't even able to sign in and out each day for the length of employment. Thrown straight into the deep end without supervision in a busy store, expected to know the 30odd aspects of the role immediately. only positive was the staff members of Westfield Geelong store who were very supportive.

Pros

Staff discount, penalty rates

Cons

Terrible training process
Same location

Great people, big sales targets, can be hard to progress

Have found it hard to progress with internal opportunities for promotion being very competitive. Optus has aggressive sales targets with big expectation on closing deals. The people you work with are great

Pros

Discounts on Mobile and Home Internet Plans

Cons

High Targets
  • Optus