Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Optus Employee Review

Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment

6 April 2021
I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.
Pros
Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture
17 July 2020
Same role
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Westfield, Waurn Ponds
Had zero training, manager left after my first shift, worked between stores where I went 2 months without meeting the new and current managers. Wasn't given personal login details until after the first month, wasn't even able to sign in and out each day for the length of employment. Thrown straight into the deep end without supervision in a busy store, expected to know the 30odd aspects of the role immediately. only positive was the staff members of Westfield Geelong store who were very supportive.
Pros
Staff discount, penalty rates
Cons
Terrible training process
8 April 2020
Same roleSame location
Retail Consultant (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
Great culture, environment of learning - Gaining skills of an office job in a retail setting - Requires collaboration and team work to achieve store KPIs and bonuses so I would say working in a team is crucial to your own success as well as the the store you work in.
2 September 2020
Same location
Store Manager (Current Employee) - Sydney NSW
Have found it hard to progress with internal opportunities for promotion being very competitive. Optus has aggressive sales targets with big expectation on closing deals. The people you work with are great
Pros
Discounts on Mobile and Home Internet Plans
Cons
High Targets
  1. Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment