Optus

Optus

Optus Employee Review

Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment

I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.

Pros

Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture

Same role

System is hard to get the hang of - pay is good

Management won't treat you well if you're not hitting your targets. System is very confusing to learn and there's quite a strict outline on the conversations you need to have with customers and if you don't ask them all 283752 questions you'll get in trouble. I did end up leaving pretty early on because the stress-load for a casual job I wasn't looking for a career in wasn't really worth it.
Same role

A bit stressful as we felt constantly being monitored

working as a retail asistant is a bit stressful as the manager uses result-based management, that is they dont care about what or how you do in work as long as you reach your kpi, you also have to compete with your collegues for sales too, a bit of toxic culture
Same location

Good workplace, room for progression. Beware of management in some stores.

A good place to work with room to progress if you want it. Job quality largely depends on if your store manager is good. If you have a good store manager, you will have a great time. If you have a micro-manager (which is a decent portion of the stores), you will struggle to hit commission and it won't be so great.Pay is quite good overall, and like I said above, if your store performs well, there are good chunks of commission that are paid monthly.Very KPI driven, can be really stressful at times. You will learn a lot, your sales technique will improve. You will get a lot of downtime during weekdays where usually you won't have too much to do but to socialise with your team, which is great. Weekends get hectic.Customers are the worst in all of retail though, so be ready.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Optus