Optus

Optus

Optus Employee Review

Very professional

Intense with kpi's but not a bad place to work, pretty good culture, excellent managers. Great for improving phone skills, as well as problem solving skills.

This place is the pits

9.5 years in this hole has left me with PTSD and ongoing mental health issues.The Victorian Human Rights Commission accepted a complaint against them but I couldn't continue it due to ill health.

Pros

The Greeds of the biz prevail.

Cons

Abusive one on one "meetings"
Same location

day in the life of optus

answering customers enquirieslearning the change of business needsworking with different nationalitiesdealing with difficult customers most enjoyable part of the job was leaving early

Pros

incentives

Cons

shift work
Same location

Good

I enjoyed working for Optus in the early years (2006- 2011).A lot has changed within the company especially from 2015 to 2017 and it is not all good. Limited career development, poor team culture, poor attitudes from upper management.It was all about saving money, incentives were limited. Many people lost there jobs in 2016 and 2017. It was horrible how they went about it. One year people were emailed to meet in a room and then were told there role was being made redundant. The following year, people were singled out and told to come into a room.I'm thankful for the time that i had at Optus, not keen to go back under the current management.

Pros

Meet some good people.

Cons

Poor environment, a lot of people don't want to be there so they moan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Optus