Optus logo
Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Very professional

Intense with kpi's but not a bad place to work, pretty good culture, excellent managers. Great for improving phone skills, as well as problem solving skills.

They don't care

Optus doesn't care about their employees in the Philippines, especially during this pandemic, most of the call centers in the PH even US banks switched to work from home set ups but Optus keeps on saying it's for 'security reasons'. However their onshore employees are all working from home. Aside from them keeping you onsite, the didn't provide any extra allowance even after adding more skills/LOBs to our queue. Optus sucks. They keep on squeezing more time and effort from us but barely compensating us for the work and metrics they want followed.

Pros

Dayshift

Cons

No program complexity allowance even after upskilling, no work from home option

Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment

I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.

Pros

Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture

Beautiful people and great culture

I loved every aspect of working at Optus. Although my work could have been more challenging considering my experience. But over all, it was a good learning experience ..

Pros

Events

Cons

Always offers a contractual job

Great place

It was an enjoyable place to work, you were a person not just another employee, great people and wonderful management. Lots of benefits and team building events.

Pros

Lots of incentives and benefits

Cutthroat horrible place to work

Horrible people from the top down. Being that it’s an Arkansas it has a right to work state so they can make up anything they want to let you go. I know this by personal experience

Loved working here

Great team and supportive management- Interesting work and learning options. Work expectations are high but you know exactly what is expected of you. Have had 2 contract roles here and would go back anytime

Pros

Good management and culture

Cons

None really

All about Sales- no customer service

The hardest part of the job is the work atmosphere- management are not very good and are always worried about sales figures; that the actual work atmosphere is really bad.Worst job I ever had!

Pros

some discount on products

Cons

bad management

Great people, big sales targets, can be hard to progress

Have found it hard to progress with internal opportunities for promotion being very competitive. Optus has aggressive sales targets with big expectation on closing deals. The people you work with are great

Pros

Discounts on Mobile and Home Internet Plans

Cons

High Targets

Worst company culture Zone communication

*Be prepared for anxiety: The job description is normal for a store manager position but they add so much extra stress that would give anyone anxiety issues *Very rough treatment: There is no respect shown whatsoever to the store managers by their area managers or the operations manager who is apparently having her nose in everybody's job including area managers. *incentives & bonuses: Nil. They talk too much about the bonus system called "Beyond Yes' but withhold all and any claimed incentives cards that your store team would have earned. Upon inquiry, they will simply tell you they know nothing about that. It was a nightmare trying to get those incentives. Took 1 long year. That too only happened after the store approached Optus directly. *work-life balance: Be prepared to bring your work stress to home and work and attend unpaid meetings/ attend unpaid workshops on your days off and after work. *Management: Terrible. There have been 6 area managers in 1 year. No area manager stays longer than a month in the company. *The only good thing about this job was the store team- that you will have anywhere else as well.

Pros

You have a job. Customers will reward you with their positive feedback.

Cons

Politics, unnecessary stress, no rewards, unpaid extra work and unpaid compulsory meetings etc.

Jobs at Optus

See more jobs

I hate Optus

Optus has destroyed my life on many levels they are incredibly evil.They were unfairly underpaying me the whole time I was working in Brisbane.For several years I was promised promotion which never came They constantly squeezed more and more responsibilities higher and higher work loads from me. I was a “go to person for people having technical problems needing assistance. I was constantly training peers and seniors in my team and across the company.

Pros

Unsatisfactory pay

Cons

Contemptuous treatment of employees

Fast Paced and potential for good commisions

Amazing discounts and product acquisition opportunities. A typical day at work is longer than the standard 8hrs, can be extremely fast passed or go to real slow within a matter of minutes. Issues with systems lag in store makes the experience longer and more difficult to give a great customer experience. Targets are often unachievable, but when achieved, good commissions are paid. There is often an 'us vs them' mentality that can create a bad work culture. Often in trying to create a good culture, it becomes more toxic. There is lots of pressure on managers to succeed, but minimal support. Overall: Great benefits but terrible culture creates a potential toxic enviornment

Pros

Free Products

Cons

No work life balance

No training for critical work

Had zero training, manager left after my first shift, worked between stores where I went 2 months without meeting the new and current managers. Wasn't given personal login details until after the first month, wasn't even able to sign in and out each day for the length of employment. Thrown straight into the deep end without supervision in a busy store, expected to know the 30odd aspects of the role immediately. only positive was the staff members of Westfield Geelong store who were very supportive.

Pros

Staff discount, penalty rates

Cons

Terrible training process

fun place to work

In the start I thought there might be a slight discrimination but moving forward it was all good and work was smooth and ease, timings were manageable and boss is not so bossy

great exposure

great b2b and b2c exposure , the team and management is great with great resources and support and training for the employees . Great career growth options

Optus

Optus is a great place to work, fantastic Staff benefits also included. Great chance to grow some skills in the work place, and establish a Career. Yes.

Productive working environment

Standard Australian working environment. Following standards of Australian work place . good training and support from colleagues and management. International working environment.

Moderate Work Environment

Moderate Work Environment. Limited Learning Opportunities. No Opportunities for Automation. Test team have very less access to the Business Stakeholders

Friendly Place to Work

I found the people in the marketing department at Optus fun and easy going. I enjoyed the amazing people there and the coffees around the campus. There seems to be flexible working arrangements as well.

Management not engaged with the front line staff or customers

Management and systems in place do not allow a fast transition from the original stage of order generation for a customer through design stage , build stage and final delivery due to lack of ownership by key order managers. This issue has gotten worse over the years due to outsourcing these task to companies that are complete incapable of understanding the business hence customer delivery times have blown out from 10 days to over 83 days.

High Pressure Environment

Depending in which department you are working in - it can be a very high pressure environment heavily focused on results. You can go from having a good day to a bad day in a blink of an eye.
  • Optus