Optus

Optus Employee Reviews in Macquarie Park NSW

Macquarie Park NSW40 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good work life balance

Good work life balanceThings are slow to get done. Career progression can stagnate very quickly if not lucky with projects. Funding is low and affects project successes.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

SLow to get things done Location

Appearance over Results

Management is obsessed with Office attendance above productivity , well fair and employee retention. Management and HR do not live by the behaviors and culture they advertise. It is very much a cult like obsession to being visible , which does not make sense as Optus is a telco, and should be living and breathing the products we sell. If catching up with work colleges , a minimum of three days a week , slow paced and rarely hitting lofty target, sounds positive? then this is the place for you.If you care about achieving goals, career progression, work/life balance, good leadership, reward and recognition , for your own sake , save your time and look elsewhere.

Pros

Casual

Cons

No Career progression, very poor management and culture

What could possibly go wrong?

Great company to work for in the beginning but as time went by too much bullying, politics, poor management no strategy too many redundancies. poorly trained managers.

It was a productive day everyday. No staff was on your head all the time. My Managers were very helpful. Great workplace culture.

Management was very helpful throughout my job time. I started during the lockdown, but the management team helped me throughout my time there in optus. They provided me thorough training and always ask me if i need their help.Overall it was a great experience😊 i would definitely recommend..

Pros

Stress free work environment

Cons

Salary was decent but not up-to my living expenses☹️

Productive and fun workplace, could do better on bridging discriminatory pay gap and progression

Optus has a lot of good things to offerAmazing campus with a vibrant work lifeHeaps of learning opportunitiesOnsite and work benefitsFlexible working Great work culture

Pros

Campus, Learning opportunities

Cons

Considerable pay gaps between same jobs, Very few growth progression opportunities

Beautiful people and great culture

I loved every aspect of working at Optus. Although my work could have been more challenging considering my experience. But over all, it was a good learning experience ..

Pros

Events

Cons

Always offers a contractual job

Loved working here

Great team and supportive management- Interesting work and learning options. Work expectations are high but you know exactly what is expected of you. Have had 2 contract roles here and would go back anytime

Pros

Good management and culture

Cons

None really

Productive working environment

Standard Australian working environment. Following standards of Australian work place . good training and support from colleagues and management. International working environment.

Friendly Place to Work

I found the people in the marketing department at Optus fun and easy going. I enjoyed the amazing people there and the coffees around the campus. There seems to be flexible working arrangements as well.

High Pressure Environment

Depending in which department you are working in - it can be a very high pressure environment heavily focused on results. You can go from having a good day to a bad day in a blink of an eye.

Fun workplace.

Very good place to develop various skills as you will get lot of opportunities to develop skills in various instances. Very humble customers and proactive team to work with.

Na

A great place to work, a large campus with modern facilities, a Gym, Childcare centre, Cafes, a food court, a pub, multi sports court, close to Macquarie shopping Centre n Macquarie University trains station

Fun working place but culture is changing now

Still a good place to work but market demands putting pressure on overall business. Campus is awesome as you get everything and very supportive of work from home which helps parents.

Growth in career

Working in Optus wholesale has provided me the options to improve on my own development within my career. The management has changed and the new structure allows you to grow.

not a place for young people

not a place for young people. management is a mess. your voice will not be heard, good for a relaxed mind to spend time and get paid. lot's politics and people issues

Optus best company to work with!!

I highly recommend Optus for anyone! They have the best facilities and office to work and I absolutely enjoyed my 13 years at Optus they have an amazing products n culture. Highly recommended love you OPTUS

always at the edge with constant restructuring

Constant restructuring doesn't help in providing job security, loyalty and aiming for long term roles. Management is generallly secretive on announcing job cuts and thus there's a lack of trust built in the culture.

good location

Good location but staff are just a number at Optus and management dont bother with front line staff. Poor choices by management that has lead to redundancies over the past 5 years.

Very nice place to work with good management and very good customer experiences as I had worked for OPTUS for 13 years. We had a very good Teamwork, Challenger Spirit, Customer Focus, Innovation and Personal Excellence.

Great Benefits and Culture, Opportunity for Advancement, rate of pay not competitive

I enjoyed my time with Optus and was able to gain a great deal of experience and build on my skills. I was fortunate to work with some fantastic people and my managers were wonderful and very mindful of work/life balance. As such, I was more than happy to put in the extra hours required to get the job done as there was a strong culture of 'give and take'. Whilst there were many great staff benefits and a beautiful campus, unfortunately, the salary offered was not competitive. There was also the ongoing and very real threat of possible retrenchment - which became a reality for me in June 2018 (along with over 400 other employees at that time).

Pros

Great Staff benefits, Excellent Campus facilities

Cons

Threat of retrenchment, salary not competitive

It was good

I don't recommend working here. A restructure every 12 months, taking jobs offshore and no job security. Upper management don't listen. It was good when I started.

Pros

Good work colleagues and perks to different companies

Cons

Bad management, no security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Optus