Optus logo
Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews in Macquarie Park NSW

Work–Life Balance

Loved working here

Great team and supportive management- Interesting work and learning options. Work expectations are high but you know exactly what is expected of you. Have had 2 contract roles here and would go back anytime

Pros

Good management and culture

Cons

None really

Beautiful people and great culture

I loved every aspect of working at Optus. Although my work could have been more challenging considering my experience. But over all, it was a good learning experience ..

Pros

Events

Cons

Always offers a contractual job

Productive working environment

Standard Australian working environment. Following standards of Australian work place . good training and support from colleagues and management. International working environment.

Friendly Place to Work

I found the people in the marketing department at Optus fun and easy going. I enjoyed the amazing people there and the coffees around the campus. There seems to be flexible working arrangements as well.

High Pressure Environment

Depending in which department you are working in - it can be a very high pressure environment heavily focused on results. You can go from having a good day to a bad day in a blink of an eye.

Fun workplace.

Very good place to develop various skills as you will get lot of opportunities to develop skills in various instances. Very humble customers and proactive team to work with.

Na

A great place to work, a large campus with modern facilities, a Gym, Childcare centre, Cafes, a food court, a pub, multi sports court, close to Macquarie shopping Centre n Macquarie University trains station

Fun working place but culture is changing now

Still a good place to work but market demands putting pressure on overall business. Campus is awesome as you get everything and very supportive of work from home which helps parents.

Growth in career

Working in Optus wholesale has provided me the options to improve on my own development within my career. The management has changed and the new structure allows you to grow.

not a place for young people

not a place for young people. management is a mess. your voice will not be heard, good for a relaxed mind to spend time and get paid. lot's politics and people issues

Jobs at Optus

in Macquarie Park NSW
See more jobs

Optus best company to work with!!

I highly recommend Optus for anyone! They have the best facilities and office to work and I absolutely enjoyed my 13 years at Optus they have an amazing products n culture. Highly recommended love you OPTUS

always at the edge with constant restructuring

Constant restructuring doesn't help in providing job security, loyalty and aiming for long term roles. Management is generallly secretive on announcing job cuts and thus there's a lack of trust built in the culture.

good location

Good location but staff are just a number at Optus and management dont bother with front line staff. Poor choices by management that has lead to redundancies over the past 5 years.

Very nice place to work with good management and very good customer experiences as I had worked for OPTUS for 13 years. We had a very good Teamwork, Challenger Spirit, Customer Focus, Innovation and Personal Excellence.

Great Benefits and Culture, Opportunity for Advancement, rate of pay not competitive

I enjoyed my time with Optus and was able to gain a great deal of experience and build on my skills. I was fortunate to work with some fantastic people and my managers were wonderful and very mindful of work/life balance. As such, I was more than happy to put in the extra hours required to get the job done as there was a strong culture of 'give and take'. Whilst there were many great staff benefits and a beautiful campus, unfortunately, the salary offered was not competitive. There was also the ongoing and very real threat of possible retrenchment - which became a reality for me in June 2018 (along with over 400 other employees at that time).

Pros

Great Staff benefits, Excellent Campus facilities

Cons

Threat of retrenchment, salary not competitive

It was good

I don't recommend working here. A restructure every 12 months, taking jobs offshore and no job security. Upper management don't listen. It was good when I started.

Pros

Good work colleagues and perks to different companies

Cons

Bad management, no security

Average place to work. Reasonable salary

stale hostile type of organisation. Situation terrible. Work / life balance ok Salary is above average( maybe because of the location. Silo teams. May cross over of functions I am a little anti the company ad I was fired for something my bossss boss does often

Pros

Nothing to do just work

Cons

Terrible location

Great People Culture and Oppurtunities

Optus Singtel is a great to work, learn and grow. I started as Network Engineer and progressed to Program Manager. Overall Senior management is very matured and collaborating. You get to work with very diverse team across the business that can be challenging in the beginning but it can also be a great thing to learn and grow.

Pros

Employee discount on most products and onsite Gym

Cons

Location for some people

Interesting Telco industry

Optus are continuing to out source (Capex) its workforce due to improved tax benefits and business modelling. Unfortunately as a few people have noted, this leaves many positions surplus to needs - redundancies abound and a lot of contractors (mostly OS workers) are engaged. I spent 4 years at the Sydney Macquarie Park facility - bling central and lovely place to work however that's only if you can retain a job and last more than 6 months. Sintel Senior managers came and go and don't appear to fully understand the Australian market when compare to how Singapore operates. The have grand notions of how wonderful Singapore is and how Australia is the most expensive and slow to build anything. Generalising Optus (not all departments) appear to be extremely aggressive and bully contractors in meetings. They don't have a problem if the contractor fails - theirs always another contractor who could take theirs place - mentality. With that said, the pays are good, excellent flexible work life balance, health and safety good and the campus is awesome.

Pros

Facilities, people, interesting working in Telco (always changing)

Cons

job security, management professionalism in some areas.

Day to day work is enjoyable

Day to day work is enjoyable however the company sometimes forgets about the people within the business and also about the goals they are trying to achieve - profit over customer service.

Pros

Employee Discounts

Optus Review

Advice to Management Lots of talk on transformation but no real action. Top management talk about strategy, middle management seem to cover up and operations deal with real issues and inefficiencies that go nowhere when escalated. Garbage in is Garbage out

Pros

Great Campus, Childcare, Gym, Work Flexibility and a variety of Food options

Cons

Very Silo’d, unstable restructure every 6 months and cost cutting, lots of inefficiency, poor skill set of people in roles, very political and not a very happy environment under middle management
  • Optus