Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews in Melbourne City Centre VIC

Intense with kpi's but not a bad place to work, pretty good culture, excellent managers. Great for improving phone skills, as well as problem solving skills.
9.5 years in this hole has left me with PTSD and ongoing mental health issues.The Victorian Human Rights Commission accepted a complaint against them but I couldn't continue it due to ill health.
Pros
The Greeds of the biz prevail.
Cons
Abusive one on one "meetings"
answering customers enquirieslearning the change of business needsworking with different nationalitiesdealing with difficult customers most enjoyable part of the job was leaving early
Pros
incentives
Cons
shift work
I enjoyed working for Optus in the early years (2006- 2011).A lot has changed within the company especially from 2015 to 2017 and it is not all good. Limited career development, poor team culture, poor attitudes from upper management.It was all about saving money, incentives were limited. Many people lost there jobs in 2016 and 2017. It was horrible how they went about it. One year people were emailed to meet in a room and then were told there role was being made redundant. The following year, people were singled out and told to come into a room.I'm thankful for the time that i had at Optus, not keen to go back under the current management.
Pros
Meet some good people.
Cons
Poor environment, a lot of people don't want to be there so they moan.
They have a lot of support to help cope with KPI'Ss. Deling with 2nd call resolution takes its toll when dealing with complaints all the time.
Pros
Free phone plans
Cons
Call centre work - customer service on the phones
Worked as a telemarketer with Optus. It was not invigorating as there were no incentive for personal development and growth. My previous experience in the telecommunication sector exceeded the daily tasks. It was day to day work, met targets weekly. Did not enjoy it as I was indoors all day and sat behind a desk trying to sell customers telephony/internet and cable television.
Pros
Good working as a team and challenging reaching targets
Cons
indoor work and no personal development/growth opportunities
Typical day at work includes: 1 hour of planning the day, going through the emails, making list for contacting potential & existing customers; 1-2 meetings with potential customers, analyzing bills, preparing proposals and solutions. Learned a lot of sales techniques, business manners, body language & how to run a sales process from beginning to the end. I had been learning how to Managing my sales pipeline and all the paperwork needed for the whole sales process.Moreover, how to solving customers problems, bill issues, software updates, installing modems, etc.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
High targets
  1. Melbourne City Centre VIC