Optus logo
Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Work–Life Balance

Optus

Optus is a great place to work, fantastic Staff benefits also included. Great chance to grow some skills in the work place, and establish a Career. Yes.

Moderate Work Environment

Moderate Work Environment. Limited Learning Opportunities. No Opportunities for Automation. Test team have very less access to the Business Stakeholders

Productive and goal driven

I am a highly qualified network expert with experience across different technologies in different countries. Productive and technically driven. Love to learn new technologies and explore new domain. Looking forward to being in a multi-cultured environment.

Learning about Telecommunications

Fast paced organization which has good technical bunch of people. Challenging is the culture & decision making which needs to be more supportive to the delivery staff

company with the great culture

The best people to work with good computer systems and great employee benefits very interesting job lots of opportunities and good company discounts...................................................

collaborate business with a healthy modern work culture

Optus is a great company Its people are its life blood Their customers respect the capability Optus is a true challenger brand who is moving into incumbency through its diligence and considered offerimgs

Great team Spirit

Cannot speak for the whole company, but the team I worked with was collaborative, supportive and fun to work with. Really switched on team with great support from immediate management. Unfortunately, being foreign-owned, other pressures meant undue pressure4s on the team management.

Good

Basically was very organized and our team boss very great person , friendly ,available when ever needed and ready to help in solving any query. Very fun working in group and team .

Great Job and Great Company

Optus is an awesome place to work for, the teams you come into are nice and helpful. managers are very supportive and will always have your back, pay is great especially when the stores hit their targets. you can earn so much extra $$$$ when hitting KPIs which isnt hard at all! highly recommend it to everyone

Great work environment to work in. Friendly team & very moral.

Optus was a fun place to work for. Friendly professional environment. There was flexibility with the roster to cater for individual needs. Optus offered internal jobs within the company.

Pros

Day shift was offered

Cons

Shift work

Jobs at Optus

in Melbourne VIC
See more jobs

Optus Business going through change

Constant change, dysfunctional and just not enough staff to get the job done properly. Two head cuts a year over the past 6 years has really depleted the company.

Pros

Good pay, work from home encouraged

Cons

Aimless

Unbearable Senior Management

CEO literally called employees "Vermins" LIVE during his weekly sermon. All of the senior management is so far removed from reality that it has stopped being funny.

Pros

All other places you would have worked at would look better in comparison.

Cons

Crazy Senior Leadership

Optus - the Telecommunications company who only care about new customers

I spent 17 months in a sales role focussing on needs based rather than hard sales. I created customers coming into the business with the best customer service but because I wasn't selling 12" iPad Pro's little old ladies for the grandchildren I was not seen as a great consultant. I was mistreated by management and then never paid out all of my pay when I resigned.

Cons

Was very busy, but the work was gratifying. Certain Managers questionable.

Work was extremely busy and had to handle many enterprise customers consecutively. The pay was quite good and there was flexibility to work from home on occasions when required, although this was definitely not standard practice.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Very old systems to work with and management was questionable.

It's what you make of it.

Company has potential to be great. Job role only good while managers are on your side. Business goes through too many changes too often and not for positive reasons. You have to be pretty cut throat to get anywhere as well as in the right place at the right time. Was a great first full time job but was happy to move on.

Mostly fun & extremely busy under the pump

On any given day we were under the pump, as we were answering 70+ Calls a day, with a KPI of 10 calls per hour. Answering Calls for the following products: * Fixed Line (Local Access Resale); * Fixed Line (Optus Direct); * Mobile Post Paid; * Mobile Pre-Paid; * Internet DSL Direct (ADSL); and * Cable Internet. Hardest part of the job, being at yelled at by customers as they think they have the right to treat you like a boxing bag. Most enjoyable part of the job, working with great people, friendly atmosphere, with an awesome team.

Pros

Yearly Bonus (If you did well)

Cons

Being Berated By Customers

Dynamic

People know how to work hard as well as have a good time. Innovation is key. Always supported by management to implement effective change. Allowed to work autonomously. Always able to process at best business practice.

Pros

Great relationships

Cons

Having to perform processes for process sake.

fun workplace with supportive management

A typical day of a Business Specialist begins with checking for any new updates and offers to educate the team. Targets are then set for the day, and a morning huddle occurs to discuss this and recap on ways to help increase sales. I have expanded my knowledge on training and faciliation. During this process I have gained a lot of sales experience and management procedures to help guide my team to achieve KPI's. Working in a team and keeping up efficiency is an important aspect to work pro-actively. It is important you respect co-workers, and learn to support if there is any concern with the individual. The hardest part of my job is running a team of 17 and making sure all the training and facilitation is done in an timely manner and follow-up on targets and achievements throughout the month. The most enjoyable part of my job was to set challenging goals for myself and work with my team to achieve while expanding my knowledge and skills.

Nice place to work

Ideal place to work if you are looking for work life balance but not in terms of salary or other perks. The company is very mature when it comes to processes. The management is also very transparent.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Salaries are low as compared to competitors

at the time , it was a new , exiting and we had job security for a long time

Initially we were installers , providing customers with Pay tv, Telephone and eventually internet service which at the time was an awesome experience. We then learnt all the aspects of the of the network and maintained the network and continued to learn about amplifiers and Gateways and network outages etc.A very Rewarding career .

Fun workplace

Optus is such an employer and often thought I would go far and wide to find a better workplace. In 1996 the company gave me an opportunity to pursue a career and has continued to do so until the end. It provided support when it was needed the most and for that I will ever be grateful.