Optus

Optus Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC33 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

People and Culture are good but lack of security and process failure make it hard to work efficiently.

No Job security. People often leave an nobody to take over their work. Has been on the decline for a while - a lot of internal systems and process dont work efficiently and it seems too hard to fix.

Pretty demoralising. Cold, unfriendly, cult-like.

I could go on and on about this place. If you're into cults, unfriendly 'leaders', proclamation of open-door policy (which sees you out the door), no care for your health, immense sales pressure, unpaid overtime and treatment like a child while asking for support, hearing Toto songs on repeat for four hours, 'leaders' on electric scooters standing behind you, constant pointless team meetings, being forced to take unwanted equipment home, and getting eye-rolled at, here's your tribe.

Relaxed co-workers

Management only cares about making sales and constantly changes managers who have to go through the process of trying to understand the stores processes already in place

Optus

Optus is a great place to work, fantastic Staff benefits also included. Great chance to grow some skills in the work place, and establish a Career. Yes.

Moderate Work Environment

Moderate Work Environment. Limited Learning Opportunities. No Opportunities for Automation. Test team have very less access to the Business Stakeholders

Productive and goal driven

I am a highly qualified network expert with experience across different technologies in different countries. Productive and technically driven. Love to learn new technologies and explore new domain. Looking forward to being in a multi-cultured environment.

Learning about Telecommunications

Fast paced organization which has good technical bunch of people. Challenging is the culture & decision making which needs to be more supportive to the delivery staff

company with the great culture

The best people to work with good computer systems and great employee benefits very interesting job lots of opportunities and good company discounts...................................................

collaborate business with a healthy modern work culture

Optus is a great company Its people are its life blood Their customers respect the capability Optus is a true challenger brand who is moving into incumbency through its diligence and considered offerimgs

Great team Spirit

Cannot speak for the whole company, but the team I worked with was collaborative, supportive and fun to work with. Really switched on team with great support from immediate management. Unfortunately, being foreign-owned, other pressures meant undue pressure4s on the team management.

Good

Basically was very organized and our team boss very great person , friendly ,available when ever needed and ready to help in solving any query. Very fun working in group and team .

Great Job and Great Company

Optus is an awesome place to work for, the teams you come into are nice and helpful. managers are very supportive and will always have your back, pay is great especially when the stores hit their targets. you can earn so much extra $$$$ when hitting KPIs which isnt hard at all! highly recommend it to everyone

Great work environment to work in. Friendly team & very moral.

Optus was a fun place to work for. Friendly professional environment. There was flexibility with the roster to cater for individual needs. Optus offered internal jobs within the company.

Pros

Day shift was offered

Cons

Shift work

Optus Business going through change

Constant change, dysfunctional and just not enough staff to get the job done properly. Two head cuts a year over the past 6 years has really depleted the company.

Pros

Good pay, work from home encouraged

Cons

Aimless

Unbearable Senior Management

CEO literally called employees "Vermins" LIVE during his weekly sermon. All of the senior management is so far removed from reality that it has stopped being funny.

Pros

All other places you would have worked at would look better in comparison.

Cons

Crazy Senior Leadership

Optus - the Telecommunications company who only care about new customers

I spent 17 months in a sales role focussing on needs based rather than hard sales. I created customers coming into the business with the best customer service but because I wasn't selling 12" iPad Pro's little old ladies for the grandchildren I was not seen as a great consultant. I was mistreated by management and then never paid out all of my pay when I resigned.

Cons

Was very busy, but the work was gratifying. Certain Managers questionable.

Work was extremely busy and had to handle many enterprise customers consecutively. The pay was quite good and there was flexibility to work from home on occasions when required, although this was definitely not standard practice.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Very old systems to work with and management was questionable.

It's what you make of it.

Company has potential to be great. Job role only good while managers are on your side. Business goes through too many changes too often and not for positive reasons. You have to be pretty cut throat to get anywhere as well as in the right place at the right time. Was a great first full time job but was happy to move on.

Mostly fun & extremely busy under the pump

On any given day we were under the pump, as we were answering 70+ Calls a day, with a KPI of 10 calls per hour. Answering Calls for the following products: * Fixed Line (Local Access Resale); * Fixed Line (Optus Direct); * Mobile Post Paid; * Mobile Pre-Paid; * Internet DSL Direct (ADSL); and * Cable Internet. Hardest part of the job, being at yelled at by customers as they think they have the right to treat you like a boxing bag. Most enjoyable part of the job, working with great people, friendly atmosphere, with an awesome team.

Pros

Yearly Bonus (If you did well)

Cons

Being Berated By Customers

Dynamic

People know how to work hard as well as have a good time. Innovation is key. Always supported by management to implement effective change. Allowed to work autonomously. Always able to process at best business practice.

Pros

Great relationships

Cons

Having to perform processes for process sake.

fun workplace with supportive management

A typical day of a Business Specialist begins with checking for any new updates and offers to educate the team. Targets are then set for the day, and a morning huddle occurs to discuss this and recap on ways to help increase sales. I have expanded my knowledge on training and faciliation. During this process I have gained a lot of sales experience and management procedures to help guide my team to achieve KPI's. Working in a team and keeping up efficiency is an important aspect to work pro-actively. It is important you respect co-workers, and learn to support if there is any concern with the individual. The hardest part of my job is running a team of 17 and making sure all the training and facilitation is done in an timely manner and follow-up on targets and achievements throughout the month. The most enjoyable part of my job was to set challenging goals for myself and work with my team to achieve while expanding my knowledge and skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Optus