Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Typical day serving old people that need help using their phone. Learn't a lot about selling different categories. Management is useless, no one in the company has a plan b when systems and promotions get stuffed up. Basically told we have to fight for sales to get the hours we wan't. Everyone hates each other, workplace culture is bad and I would not recommend working for Optus. The enjoyable part was finding solutions for customers and making sure they left the store happy.
Pros
Cons
No work balance, Fighting for hours & stuff up systems
*Be prepared for anxiety: The job description is normal for a store manager position but they add so much extra stress that would give anyone anxiety issues *Very rough treatment: There is no respect shown whatsoever to the store managers by their area managers or the operations manager who is apparently having her nose in everybody's job including area managers. *incentives & bonuses: Nil. They talk too much about the bonus system called "Beyond Yes' but withhold all and any claimed incentives cards that your store team would have earned. Upon inquiry, they will simply tell you they know nothing about that. It was a nightmare trying to get those incentives. Took 1 long year. That too only happened after the store approached Optus directly. *work-life balance: Be prepared to bring your work stress to home and work and attend unpaid meetings/ attend unpaid workshops on your days off and after work. *Management: Terrible. There have been 6 area managers in 1 year. No area manager stays longer than a month in the company. *The only good thing about this job was the store team- that you will have anywhere else as well.
Pros
You have a job. Customers will reward you with their positive feedback.
Cons
Politics, unnecessary stress, no rewards, unpaid extra work and unpaid compulsory meetings etc.
great b2b and b2c exposure , the team and management is great with great resources and support and training for the employees . Great career growth options
Telecommunications services is a unique economic environment. Working with a multitude of different locations and interacting with different layers of the community.
Pros
Product sales incentives from both vendors and service providers
Cons
Na
a typical day at work would be a fun innovative environment taking on new sales approach with new technology every day increasing it was something that would be justified daily-weekly I learnt how to approach customers with a bright and confident way in applying new sales techniques daily I was excelling with confidence as to educating myself with products and key customer satisfaction. my co workers were awesome and always learning off each other sharing tips and new approaches within the work area hardest part about my job was being able to be seen as a serious candidate for management as I have no license but hold a learners permit now in Victoria. the most enjoyable part of my job was introducing myself to new people and having pride and confidence in my company and our sale objective.
Pros
give aways and comission targets for holidays and new technoligy
Cons
long hours not credited for lack of comunication with higher staff members
good work place good environment and enjoy working there job bouncing between stores training/hiring new staff and also meeting with new clients is great
Pros
awards send you everywhere