Optus logo
Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Work–Life Balance

Optus is a great place to work.

Optus's rem range is better than other places and their bonus is quite good too. There is quite a vast range of career opportunities. I would highly recommend this company.

Optus best company to work with!!

I highly recommend Optus for anyone! They have the best facilities and office to work and I absolutely enjoyed my 13 years at Optus they have an amazing products n culture. Highly recommended love you OPTUS

They trained you well

You had to fit in that little box if you did not conform your life was a living nightmare. Must be highly motivated and used to constant changes. not for the faint at heart.

It was good

I don't recommend working here. A restructure every 12 months, taking jobs offshore and no job security. Upper management don't listen. It was good when I started.

Pros

Good work colleagues and perks to different companies

Cons

Bad management, no security

day in the life of optus

answering customers enquirieslearning the change of business needsworking with different nationalitiesdealing with difficult customers most enjoyable part of the job was leaving early

Pros

incentives

Cons

shift work

Optus

I really did enjoy the job whilst there. People were absolutely great. I had seen progression in the position but due to family circumstances I had to leave.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Mostly fun & extremely busy under the pump

On any given day we were under the pump, as we were answering 70+ Calls a day, with a KPI of 10 calls per hour. Answering Calls for the following products: * Fixed Line (Local Access Resale); * Fixed Line (Optus Direct); * Mobile Post Paid; * Mobile Pre-Paid; * Internet DSL Direct (ADSL); and * Cable Internet. Hardest part of the job, being at yelled at by customers as they think they have the right to treat you like a boxing bag. Most enjoyable part of the job, working with great people, friendly atmosphere, with an awesome team.

Pros

Yearly Bonus (If you did well)

Cons

Being Berated By Customers

Dynamic

People know how to work hard as well as have a good time. Innovation is key. Always supported by management to implement effective change. Allowed to work autonomously. Always able to process at best business practice.

Pros

Great relationships

Cons

Having to perform processes for process sake.

fun workplace, playstation room, tv

customer service, bills and technical support, incoming calls, based on favouritism , unprofessional environment,

Pros

Na

Cons

shift work

They have a lot of support to help cope with KPI'Ss. Deling with 2nd call resolution takes its toll when dealing with complaints all the time.

Pros

Free phone plans

Cons

Call centre work - customer service on the phones

Jobs at Optus

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Competitive environment

Typical day at work includes: 1 hour of planning the day, going through the emails, making list for contacting potential & existing customers; 1-2 meetings with potential customers, analyzing bills, preparing proposals and solutions. Learned a lot of sales techniques, business manners, body language & how to run a sales process from beginning to the end. I had been learning how to Managing my sales pipeline and all the paperwork needed for the whole sales process.Moreover, how to solving customers problems, bill issues, software updates, installing modems, etc.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

High targets

Fun workplace with phone based customer service

I had to sell product at beginning. Day by day i got promoted and at the end I had to provide customer service relating on phone problems.I learned how to provide a long distance service and able to help the person on the other side.The management was easy going. However we had to complete a weekly review on our customer service.
  • Optus