Optus logo
Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Employee Reviews for Network Engineer

Work–Life Balance

Productively at work and have fun with team members

Actively and efficiently at work and gained experience and skills during the test with business customers. Priority the work and good time manage the work load. At workplace, support each other and learn from each other. Hard part is how to pleased the manager to get good "PDR", Most enjoyable is the work environment: friendly team members and comfortable work place.

I hate Optus

Optus has destroyed my life on many levels they are incredibly evil.They were unfairly underpaying me the whole time I was working in Brisbane.For several years I was promised promotion which never came They constantly squeezed more and more responsibilities higher and higher work loads from me. I was a “go to person for people having technical problems needing assistance. I was constantly training peers and seniors in my team and across the company.

Pros

Unsatisfactory pay

Cons

Contemptuous treatment of employees

Management not engaged with the front line staff or customers

Management and systems in place do not allow a fast transition from the original stage of order generation for a customer through design stage , build stage and final delivery due to lack of ownership by key order managers. This issue has gotten worse over the years due to outsourcing these task to companies that are complete incapable of understanding the business hence customer delivery times have blown out from 10 days to over 83 days.

Very nice place to work with good management and very good customer experiences as I had worked for OPTUS for 13 years. We had a very good Teamwork, Challenger Spirit, Customer Focus, Innovation and Personal Excellence.

Unbearable Senior Management

CEO literally called employees "Vermins" LIVE during his weekly sermon. All of the senior management is so far removed from reality that it has stopped being funny.

Pros

All other places you would have worked at would look better in comparison.

Cons

Crazy Senior Leadership

The office was always a fun place to be part of.

My typical role was collecting statistical information in regard to telephone exchanges under my control and then analyzing the results for fault restoration purposes. I then issued work to my staff to transact. Telstra culture was an enjoyable experience with management working and socializing well together.

Pros

Remuneration and promotion were always good

The most greatest job experience I have ever had

I´ve learnt more about teamwork, sense of ownership. I am always out of my comfort zone here. I always know how I can improve. It helps me grow and learn faster. The degree of freedom I have regarding what I want to work on is spectacular. Changing project/team is relatively easier here.

Pros

Networking and mood

Cons

no cons

Good

My co-workers were nice people and help me sometimes. The hardest part of the job was nothing really I didn't have a problem with it. The most enjoyable part is when I got to eat the food.

Optus NMC

Good Work/Life Balance. Productive interaction with Other NMC sections.

A good company to work for

Optus is a excellent company to work for i would strongly recommend as best employer. Too bad i have to leave due to migrate to canada from australia.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Nothing to inform

Jobs at Optus