Optus

Optus Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate10 reviews
Australia10 reviews

3.2Job Security & Advancement

System is hard to get the hang of - pay is good

Management won't treat you well if you're not hitting your targets. System is very confusing to learn and there's quite a strict outline on the conversations you need to have with customers and if you don't ask them all 283752 questions you'll get in trouble. I did end up leaving pretty early on because the stress-load for a casual job I wasn't looking for a career in wasn't really worth it.

A bit stressful as we felt constantly being monitored

working as a retail asistant is a bit stressful as the manager uses result-based management, that is they dont care about what or how you do in work as long as you reach your kpi, you also have to compete with your collegues for sales too, a bit of toxic culture

Productive, fast paced & rewarding environment

I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.

Pros

Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture

No training for critical work

Had zero training, manager left after my first shift, worked between stores where I went 2 months without meeting the new and current managers. Wasn't given personal login details until after the first month, wasn't even able to sign in and out each day for the length of employment. Thrown straight into the deep end without supervision in a busy store, expected to know the 30odd aspects of the role immediately. only positive was the staff members of Westfield Geelong store who were very supportive.

Pros

Staff discount, penalty rates

Cons

Terrible training process

Great Culture

Great culture, environment of learning - Gaining skills of an office job in a retail setting - Requires collaboration and team work to achieve store KPIs and bonuses so I would say working in a team is crucial to your own success as well as the the store you work in.

Consulting with customers and prospects to provide phone and internet solutions.

Consulting with customers and prospects to provide phone and internet solutions • Consistently exceeded sales targets and substantially increased revenue on high-margin accessories • Track record of resolving customer complaints and devising solutions for difficult customer issues • Training team members in upselling and closing techniques • Acting as weekend store manager

Bad place to work at the time but I'm sure has improved

personally i didnt find it the best place to work, the team and management was terrible at that point in time. I'm sure looking into the future that the management would of been replaced and the full potential of the store would been shown with the right team and management.

Pros

Great customer and products to sell

Cons

Management at team at the time

very demanding

a great job for someone looking to challenge themselves a lot of sales goals and targets as the focus. Workplace culture is dictated on management. !!

Pros

employee perks

Cons

management

Great place to work.

Great work atmosphere and flexibility. Working in Optus store is a mix of two jobs , one is customer care and another is sales. If customer has any issue or problem regarding there services, we try to fix it or escalates it to different team. Also have to help people to choose right product for their telecommunication needs. The team at Optus is awesome and everyone help each other. All in all a great work environment to work.

Pros

Flexible timings

Cons

Weekend works

A Day at Work

Start a day with smile and getting daily targets to achieve as a team and as individual. Meet & Greet customers , help them. Making sure they are satisfied with my customer service when they leave store. Learn about new products and new plans through trainings. Very Supportive co-workers and Manager and that's the best part to work.

Pros

Bonus when achieving targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Optus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Optus