Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Culture reviews

Intense with kpi's but not a bad place to work, pretty good culture, excellent managers. Great for improving phone skills, as well as problem solving skills.
A typical day of a Business Specialist begins with checking for any new updates and offers to educate the team. Targets are then set for the day, and a morning huddle occurs to discuss this and recap on ways to help increase sales. I have expanded my knowledge on training and faciliation. During this process I have gained a lot of sales experience and management procedures to help guide my team to achieve KPI's. Working in a team and keeping up efficiency is an important aspect to work pro-actively. It is important you respect co-workers, and learn to support if there is any concern with the individual. The hardest part of my job is running a team of 17 and making sure all the training and facilitation is done in an timely manner and follow-up on targets and achievements throughout the month. The most enjoyable part of my job was to set challenging goals for myself and work with my team to achieve while expanding my knowledge and skills.
Optus has a fantastic customer base. The culture within Optus is supportive. No day is the same at Optus, and it keeps you on your toes.
a typical day at work would be a fun innovative environment taking on new sales approach with new technology every day increasing it was something that would be justified daily-weekly I learnt how to approach customers with a bright and confident way in applying new sales techniques daily I was excelling with confidence as to educating myself with products and key customer satisfaction. my co workers were awesome and always learning off each other sharing tips and new approaches within the work area hardest part about my job was being able to be seen as a serious candidate for management as I have no license but hold a learners permit now in Victoria. the most enjoyable part of my job was introducing myself to new people and having pride and confidence in my company and our sale objective.
Pros
give aways and comission targets for holidays and new technoligy
Cons
long hours not credited for lack of comunication with higher staff members
The Optus brand and market strategies have become quite strong and easily identifiable. As a business they are challenged by how ineffective internal communication practices are. This does lead to poor cultures in certain areas of the business but this is certainly not company wide. They have advanced their priorities in regard to customer satisfaction which is a very positive move.
Working for the Telstra Corporation for 12 years was a great experience. Each month there awards for sales (gift voucher),quarterly awards for Consultant of the Quarter, Annual Awards for Consultant of the Year, Telstra Directors Awards & Centre Person of the Year. Overall it was a fun place to work with outstanding training & great people.
Pros
Outstanding place to work
Cons
Some indecision in middle management
Good co-workers, poor management. HR support was almost non existent. It supported management not workers. Nothing really hard about the job, it was phone based. The best part of the job was a successful cutover.
Pros
Clean working environment
Cons
Poor management
the most enjoyable part of working for Optus was the people, the support provided by them was incredible. there was a large pool of knowledge to draw from and everyone was happy to help and provide input for challenging scenarios
Leading Telco that offered a difference to it's customers by not looking at what the opposition was doing, but creating their own future.
Great atmosphere at Optus and plenty of room for advancement if wanted. Great workplace environment and great people to work and socialise with.
Pros
Bonuses, free team lunches/dinners, on site gym, restaurants etc.
Cons
Shiftwork and stressful
Sales & Orders to meet deadline with regards to numbers for yourself & the team. Great team environment where each individual has a back of others.
The Optus Campus is an excellent place to work. A fully-sustained community with Gym, cafes, bars, and a very social atmosphere.
Productive, Organised and Professional place with emphasis on work life balance Ample training provided, motivation given to grow and exceed in role
Start a day with smile and getting daily targets to achieve as a team and as individual. Meet & Greet customers , help them. Making sure they are satisfied with my customer service when they leave store. Learn about new products and new plans through trainings. Very Supportive co-workers and Manager and that's the best part to work.
Pros
Bonus when achieving targets
worked there for only few months ,learned better phone manners , training provided bette and got chance to meet members and chat with members of Optus's head office
Pros
enjoyable breaks
Cons
No proper ongoing help to improve provided
My co-workers were nice people and help me sometimes. The hardest part of the job was nothing really I didn't have a problem with it. The most enjoyable part is when I got to eat the food.
The most challenging days at working in Optus was dealing with more than one or two customers at the same time. This was because we were short on staff, however we overcame this stress by being extremely nice to customers and trying to put their needs first.
good work place good environment and enjoy working there job bouncing between stores training/hiring new staff and also meeting with new clients is great
Pros
awards send you everywhere
Cons
•a typical day at work •what you learned •management •your co-workers •the hardest part of the job •the most enjoyable part of the job
Monday to Saturday English, culture, management was awesome full fill the target work in rain or hot weather when I was getting my good salery
Pros
every after two weeks meeting and lunch
Cons
10 am to 6pm
Every day began with checking important mails and replying to them promptly. The whole team worked as a group with the sole aim of providing quality work.It was fun managing the team and dividing the tasks among them, interacting with my team, the Solution designers, Architects, vendors, developers and other key business people. Some days were full of meetings which left little time for the actual work. But, I tried to manage my time well and have a good personal - work life balance.The most enjoyable part of the job was finding bugs and seeing the defect numbers increasing in the Defect Management tool (HP Quality Center).
Pros
great work culture
Cons
travelling time of 1 hour each side