Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Job Security & Advancement reviews

Intense with kpi's but not a bad place to work, pretty good culture, excellent managers. Great for improving phone skills, as well as problem solving skills.
I love working here!!! I have an amazing team & manager. The hiring process was so efficient! The training process although long & at times overwhelming, is thorough and the team is super supportive. I feel motivated to do better every day and appreciate the goal oriented & competitive sales approach as it pushes me to be my best. Optus cares about its employees and takes a detailed and dedicated approach. It also encourages and recognises talent & hard work and has an amazing structure to promotion within the company.
Pros
Employee discounts and credit, training, work culture
I loved every aspect of working at Optus. Although my work could have been more challenging considering my experience. But over all, it was a good learning experience ..
Pros
Events
Cons
Always offers a contractual job
Great team and supportive management- Interesting work and learning options. Work expectations are high but you know exactly what is expected of you. Have had 2 contract roles here and would go back anytime
Pros
Good management and culture
Cons
None really
Have found it hard to progress with internal opportunities for promotion being very competitive. Optus has aggressive sales targets with big expectation on closing deals. The people you work with are great
Pros
Discounts on Mobile and Home Internet Plans
Cons
High Targets
Optus has destroyed my life on many levels they are incredibly evil.They were unfairly underpaying me the whole time I was working in Brisbane.For several years I was promised promotion which never came They constantly squeezed more and more responsibilities higher and higher work loads from me. I was a “go to person for people having technical problems needing assistance. I was constantly training peers and seniors in my team and across the company.
Pros
Unsatisfactory pay
Cons
Contemptuous treatment of employees
Had zero training, manager left after my first shift, worked between stores where I went 2 months without meeting the new and current managers. Wasn't given personal login details until after the first month, wasn't even able to sign in and out each day for the length of employment. Thrown straight into the deep end without supervision in a busy store, expected to know the 30odd aspects of the role immediately. only positive was the staff members of Westfield Geelong store who were very supportive.
Pros
Staff discount, penalty rates
Cons
Terrible training process
great b2b and b2c exposure , the team and management is great with great resources and support and training for the employees . Great career growth options
Optus is a great place to work, fantastic Staff benefits also included. Great chance to grow some skills in the work place, and establish a Career. Yes.
Moderate Work Environment. Limited Learning Opportunities. No Opportunities for Automation. Test team have very less access to the Business Stakeholders
Optus's rem range is better than other places and their bonus is quite good too. There is quite a vast range of career opportunities. I would highly recommend this company.
I am a highly qualified network expert with experience across different technologies in different countries. Productive and technically driven. Love to learn new technologies and explore new domain. Looking forward to being in a multi-cultured environment.
The best people to work with good computer systems and great employee benefits very interesting job lots of opportunities and good company discounts...................................................
Challenger brand, good leadership, good culture, opportunities to move internally. focused on customer. however long work hours and siloed departments
Very good place to develop various skills as you will get lot of opportunities to develop skills in various instances. Very humble customers and proactive team to work with.
Would definitely recommend as a workplace. The company is fast-paced but they invest heavily in there people. The work is very rewarding as you see the results come to life.
Its a great workplace and great to made good friends with and build great business relationships with when looking for further opportunities in the future
Working in Optus wholesale has provided me the options to improve on my own development within my career. The management has changed and the new structure allows you to grow.
A fast changing, exciting and busy work environment. Rapid technology change and transformations are plenty, culture promotes personal development and growth
nice campus with different in-house streams, complex arrangements. Need to be on your toes most of the time for delivering in such an env. Good learning experience.
A very fast paced and tough environment but a lot to learn and achieve. A lot of available facilities ranging from superstore, post office and cafe's
  1. Job Security & Advancement