Optus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Optus Management reviews

Great team and supportive management- Interesting work and learning options. Work expectations are high but you know exactly what is expected of you. Have had 2 contract roles here and would go back anytime
Pros
Good management and culture
Cons
None really
The hardest part of the job is the work atmosphere- management are not very good and are always worried about sales figures; that the actual work atmosphere is really bad.Worst job I ever had!
Pros
some discount on products
Cons
bad management
*Be prepared for anxiety: The job description is normal for a store manager position but they add so much extra stress that would give anyone anxiety issues *Very rough treatment: There is no respect shown whatsoever to the store managers by their area managers or the operations manager who is apparently having her nose in everybody's job including area managers. *incentives & bonuses: Nil. They talk too much about the bonus system called "Beyond Yes' but withhold all and any claimed incentives cards that your store team would have earned. Upon inquiry, they will simply tell you they know nothing about that. It was a nightmare trying to get those incentives. Took 1 long year. That too only happened after the store approached Optus directly. *work-life balance: Be prepared to bring your work stress to home and work and attend unpaid meetings/ attend unpaid workshops on your days off and after work. *Management: Terrible. There have been 6 area managers in 1 year. No area manager stays longer than a month in the company. *The only good thing about this job was the store team- that you will have anywhere else as well.
Pros
You have a job. Customers will reward you with their positive feedback.
Cons
Politics, unnecessary stress, no rewards, unpaid extra work and unpaid compulsory meetings etc.
Optus has destroyed my life on many levels they are incredibly evil.They were unfairly underpaying me the whole time I was working in Brisbane.For several years I was promised promotion which never came They constantly squeezed more and more responsibilities higher and higher work loads from me. I was a “go to person for people having technical problems needing assistance. I was constantly training peers and seniors in my team and across the company.
Pros
Unsatisfactory pay
Cons
Contemptuous treatment of employees
great b2b and b2c exposure , the team and management is great with great resources and support and training for the employees . Great career growth options
Standard Australian working environment. Following standards of Australian work place . good training and support from colleagues and management. International working environment.
Management and systems in place do not allow a fast transition from the original stage of order generation for a customer through design stage , build stage and final delivery due to lack of ownership by key order managers. This issue has gotten worse over the years due to outsourcing these task to companies that are complete incapable of understanding the business hence customer delivery times have blown out from 10 days to over 83 days.
Working in Optus wholesale has provided me the options to improve on my own development within my career. The management has changed and the new structure allows you to grow.
Cannot speak for the whole company, but the team I worked with was collaborative, supportive and fun to work with. Really switched on team with great support from immediate management. Unfortunately, being foreign-owned, other pressures meant undue pressure4s on the team management.
not a place for young people. management is a mess. your voice will not be heard, good for a relaxed mind to spend time and get paid. lot's politics and people issues
Constant restructuring doesn't help in providing job security, loyalty and aiming for long term roles. Management is generallly secretive on announcing job cuts and thus there's a lack of trust built in the culture.
Good location but staff are just a number at Optus and management dont bother with front line staff. Poor choices by management that has lead to redundancies over the past 5 years.
On a retail level, very high turnover, high stress, poor communication, constant changes, however good work life balance, a lot of annual leave, training
Optus is a nice place work, head office at Lyons Park Rd is an amazing venue with a lot of resources onsite, gym, good, shops, close to Macquarie shopping centre. Easy location for public transport. Close to University for people who are attending. Management regularly send surveys for employees to voice there opinions and the opinions are taken onboard.
Optus is has a great work culture. Poor top management though had made the place toxic for some people but most managers are great and supportive and encouraging
Very nice place to work with good management and very good customer experiences as I had worked for OPTUS for 13 years. We had a very good Teamwork, Challenger Spirit, Customer Focus, Innovation and Personal Excellence.
90% of staff in the Property Department are Contractors, Management Treat the Contract employees like rubbish as Management know Contractor have little rights. Most of the Staff you talk to in the Team complain about Management and the Workload and are extremely unhappy and most are looking for jobs outside Optus. Management of the Property Team appear to have phsycological issues it is clearly displayed by their erratic behavior, conflicting decision making and the continual fights and they have with their staff.
Pros
Transportation to the Sydney Optus Campus is good
Cons
Understaffed, Passive Aggressive Management towards Contracted Staff
They do two rounds of redundancies per year - April and September, so that keeps morale low while people wait to find out if they are staying or not. The management are pretty appalling in patches, but great in other patches. It just depends where you end up. People feel frustated, but there is also a lot of creativity.
Pros
Great campus - lots of fun activities
Cons
Sing Tel run the place with an iron fist.
I don't recommend working here. A restructure every 12 months, taking jobs offshore and no job security. Upper management don't listen. It was good when I started.
Pros
Good work colleagues and perks to different companies
Cons
Bad management, no security
stale hostile type of organisation. Situation terrible. Work / life balance ok Salary is above average( maybe because of the location. Silo teams. May cross over of functions I am a little anti the company ad I was fired for something my bossss boss does often
Pros
Nothing to do just work
Cons
Terrible location
OPTUS takes great care of its staff. Great perks, great team, great management . There is a lot of opportunity for advancement within this company.