Oracle
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Oracle Employee Reviews

Australia36 reviews
I worked full time hours but always on a casual contract. I guess that's why it wasn't that good for myself. The management was really friendly and supportive.
Working for Oracle CMS taught me how to work quick and well under pressure. It taught me to thrive of a new challenge and ensure the I exceeded myself and employers expectations
Pros
Taught me work smarter not harder
Cons
Very stressful
Awful company, underpaid, stressful, awful supervisors, dont respect workers, use they like cattle, horrendus management, would reccomend anywhere over here
Great place to work, colleagues all willing to assist when they can.
Flexible working, fast paced, excellent benefits for you and your family.

Would recommend Oracle
Benefits
Cons
Some managers...
The Compliant manager was very supportive but other management offered minimal training and was pretty rude/abrupt when issuing warnings. if you have good recall and can type 35-40 wpm you will succeed. .
Everything good at Oracle, Everything good at OracleEverything good at Oracle, Work culture is awesome, peers are good at Oracle.
The company sells database software and technology, cloud engineered systems, and enterprise software products—particularly its own brands of database management systems.
Senior management is not to be trusted, back stubbers, racists, rude, will break rules to make money. Directors are manipulative liars and cannot be trusted.
The people at oracle are professional and hard working. The business is geared to supporting its workers and provides a range of training material. As an employee you have access to the whole suite of Oracle products as well as access to documentation and support. HR is very supportive and responds quickly to issues.

Oracle is an equal opportunity company with processes in place to protect people from harassment and discrimination.
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood Shores, California. The company sells database software and technology, cloud engineered systems, and enterprise software products —particularly its own brands of database management systems. In 2018, Oracle was the third-largest software company by revenue.

The company also develops and builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software, and supply chain management (SCM) software
Pros
Best company I have been fortunate to work for
Cons
Short time, due to family illness back in the UK, too big a name conjured up expensiveness from net new prospects
Tough environment but a good place to learn all the tricks of the trade here. Management style typically micromanagement, especially if you're slightly behind your number.
Cons
Long hours, micromanagement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oracle?
Enjoyed the duration of my time at Oracle found it Challenging place to work at. some times goverend by rules however found other employees friendly.
Pros
Wellness centre onsite
good people and culture to enjoy to work with. Easy to understand culture and work flow. Easy to get more information from work mates to ensure development of processes to grow with the company.
Pros
able to remove work while at work to better connect with work mates
Cons
pay vs hrs
Lovely modern offices. I only worked there as a temp for 3 weeks, but was treated very well and I enjoyed my time there. I learned how to manage catering services, book meetings and use an on line diary for various managers.
- Supportive environment, people are always willing to help and support one another which is great.
- Big on employee engagement

- Hardest part was adapting to all the processes
Management were not friendly, and would keep staff on for a short amount of time and then get rid of them. The kitchen and toilets were old and run down.
great work and challenges i contracted for 1 year with 12 x 1 month renewals. The work was challenging and I had broad exposure to many middleware Oracle products including authentication, identity management, BPM workflow and design and applications
A great career builder and changes offer learning ops. Like most global companies, there is some red tape and process hoops, but overall exciting and challenging
Pros
Always changes and learning ops
Cons
Not always making employee lives better
A typical day at work involves all aspects of sales, delivery, focused client engagements with a focus on latest technologies.
Each day brings new challenges with different clients, having different tech stacks and different requirements giving me exposure daily to differing industries and technologies in diverse cultures.

I am management of the company

Culture of the workplace is team success and integrity meaning that you always need to do the right thing regardless of whether there is a reward or not.

Hardest part of the job is managing client expectations and budget in a highly competitive environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with different people daily and meeting new executives on a daily basis.
Pros
Diversity in job
Cons
Competitiveness of the environment
Pros
- Bigger responsibilities from the beginning.

- Peer to peer learning and knowledge sharing is the best part.

- Lots of learning opportunities in the different fields but you need to take initiative.

- Well paid and transparent payroll system.

Cons

- Only Oracle products used and its hard to learn other technologies unless working with clients.

- You need to initiate things if you want to keep learning.
Good group of people to work with and very focused. I found people to go above and beyond their job titles to complete the tasks and projects. The work hours are flexible and the job tasks are varied with many different mixes of teams.
The workplace is lively. Exposure to large, multinational environment. Hardest part is to get noticed but still its a great and aspiring place to work