Orana
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Orana Employee Reviews

Australia3 reviews
I worked for Orana in Adelaide and had the most horrible experience. Bullying is huge there and all of the service coaches and higher up know about it but do absolutely nothing even though they say they are. Some staff speak to their clients very badly, but no one speaks up they all just talk about it behind their backs. I have had numerous people tell me they are scared to speak up about any issues cause they’ll be fired or lose shifts with clients they have grown to love. The clients are fantastic, some carers really care about them and go above and beyond for them. But it’s nasty, fake and unapologetic when it comes to all the rest.
Pros
Clients, pay, hours
Cons
Bullying, gossip, nasty workers
My day at Orana would start with a brief toolbox meeting with staff to organise days proceedings. All machinery is serviced and maintained before use, ensuring all risk assessments and sops are in place, along with training records.

As clients arrive, they place their belongings in their lockers, and are then assigned there duties for the day. I present manufacturing supervisor with work orders for the day, and see that those clients working in the enclave are transported to site, where their supervisor has production schedules for the day. We have a schedule for external work with Telstra and Forrest SA, and on those scheduled days, a supervisor and up to 3 clients service those scheduled sights.

Orana management has its headquarters at Netley in Adelaide, and is made up of the CEO, Client service manages, and business development managers. We have 12 centres around the state, and across Adelaide providing employment for 500 employees. Orana provides the opportunity for ongoing training to its staff and management.

To work in the disability field you must have an empathy for those with disability, and your staff must be selected with this in mind. Once this is in place, it can be a very rewarding place to work, as you see your employees develop new skills confidence and independence.

In Mount Gambier it has not been easy to find enough contract and packaging work for the lower skilled clients, so we rely on importing this type of work from Adelaide.

Working at Orana can be very fulfilling, as you monitor the growth and development in skills and self esteem of your
 - more...
Pros
Empowering people with disability with confidence and self esteem, Self development.
Cons
Lack of transition plans for clients into day care or retirement
work day full on and enjoyable.learned how to work and understand disabilities. good work team. the hardest part of the work is working with adults and remembering thay often have the mind of a child
Pros
the meeting each day and achivments made by all
Cons
the end of the work daqy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orana. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7