Orica
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Orica Employee Reviews

When I started 13 years ago the environment was totally different. Several changes in IT Senior management saw a lot of ineffective outsourcing, with those who implemented the outsourcing not staying around to feel the (mostly negative, except on the balance sheet) impact.
Great Place to work.It was fast paced but a great environment with plenty of assistance accross teams who collaborated each day, driving to a common goal
Wannabe Yes management with no people skills, the ones who get put into management jobs because they suck up to the bosses. No pay rises for the last 5 years no wonder they can’t keep good operators.
Area manager was an arrogant tool. Lied about paying next level, refused to acknowledge problems wirh the truck. Lazy supervisor still there. No support when problems.
Huge disconnect between management and operations, with maintenance stuck in the middle. the Maintenance team are extremely undervalued by both. In saying that there was evidence of some in the past months
Orica has good potential. However teh culture in the leadership team needs to be addressed in the time I was there there was 100% turn over in VPs, 2 CFOs and 3 VP Finance and 2 VP of manufactiuring. However the direct teams were very good, compitent and friendly.
Work groups (Production and Maintenance) got on well and worked together as a team. Management (those above Team Leaders) left a bit to be desired in their treatment (verbal and attitude) to the "workers". Management also seemed to either not comprehend, to be unable to, or willing to act on changes that would have made jobs easier for others. Basically "I don't have to struggle with various tasks so why change it" seemed to be the norm.
Pros
Maintenance and production worked well together.
Cons
Management could have been better on dealing with people, their poor attitudes to those below them.
Really enjoyed the job and worked with some great people, but is a very toxic workplace and Bullying from management is accepted as the normal. Not a good culture.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Managment
I had only spent a short time there but this company gave me a chance, to which I grasped with both hands. There people and culture are second to none, very structured and professional management and training. I would go back in a heart beat, great company to work for...Thanks
it was a very busy environment with lots of changes along the way. dulux (the company i have started with) was purchased by Orica, move to the CBD. 1st restructure, then 2nd. Was quite hectic.
learnt how to operate machines, forklift and pick pack, their was no hard part of the job here because if I didn't know what to do I'll just ask then their would be someone to come and help me.
Working for Orica was a pleasant and friendly environment, Management was very supportive and the staff were great to work along side off. They had great job incentives and remunerations such as end of year bonuses and rewards throughout the year for work well done. The hardest part about the job was taking abuse from customers whether they were in the right or not. My favourite part of the job was when you were successful in helping a customer achieve their goals.
Pros
Working in a stress free environment
Cons
No Cons
I have worked at Orica 13 years ago. The culture back then was really good. We had a very professional Team. I am not sure if i should write my opinion about the Company that have had many changes since than.
Pros
We had good financial benefits, like 11% superannuation.
Cons
Was a major restructure
All operators / shot crews no what there doing all i have worked with are self starters . Education within company is very high standard. Upper managment has lost touch with what really makes a company. The work place culture is very high standard on ground floor each employee i have meet takes there job seriously & with great pride . The job has great job satisfaction on a day by day .
Pros
for most part your your own boss
Cons
paperwork
We need to be very organised to work at Orica. Especially in our field of water and waste water treatment, we would need to be updated with all process and procedures and regulations to be able to work in excellent conditions. Timeframes are our make criteria and it was very difficult to adhere to timeframes as there are so many departments to be coordinating and dealing with. The process manager would actually be a person at the office and would need to coordinate with the field personal.
Cons
extended hours of work
Nice people ,very knowledgeable There is a great culture , management do their best to be in touch with employee Orica has very detailed training program for new graduate ,definitely recommend
Orica has a great work life balance that respects its people. Management is diverse and well travelled which is handy in the global organisation. The teams in finance and friendly, they get the job done and are an asset to this company.
this company was a great company to work for if you did not mind going through all their red tape, the management team and hr teams where great to work along
Big company which has safety as their main focus. Job security is good, with great training conduct on a regular basis. Management sometimes comes across a little heavy handed.
As with any position, it's the people you work with that make your work life. Really positive culture throughout. Supportive Management.
• Forklift driving to ensure minimal product damage • Perform quality checks • Perform all tasks to a high standard to meet standard operating procedures • Achieve customer requirements for product quality • Plan loadouts, quantities and cleaning of equipment and warehouse facility on a daily basis • Liaise with other staff members to ensure the smooth running of shift
  1. Employee Reviews