Origin Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Origin Energy Employee Reviews

Australia156 reviews
Workplace was good, workload was challenging and stressful at times, work culture was good and health & safety was a high priority.

Managers were approachable and easy to get along with
I was head hunted for a project, and ended up staying. I enjoyed the work and people. Then I got a stupid manager who didn't understand what I was doing, and things went downhill. I moved to another project and all was good until the oil price plummeted, and the project was cancelled. I was given two weeks noticed just after getting a 12 month contract extension.
I was at Origin for over 25 years and that itself indicates the quality of the company.
You need to wrk hard to ensure kpi's etc are met but that all drives towards a greater goal.

The company has grown incredibly since the my commencement and will continue to improve.

I highly recommend Origin Energy
Amazing place to be, If you work hard you will be rewarded, otherwise it's hard for them to see your value. they do everything to help you, work hours, issues to make you comfortable.
The work culture and people are amazing in Origin. Loved being a part of Origin family. A very good personal and professional balance is provided in Origin.
Productive and fun place to work. Learn new things. Kept up to date with what is happening in the field. You get to know everyone and they give you a lot of support through your time there if required. You need to have the ability to be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining tolerance, appropriate humour and patience.Be a team player . This position requires a self starter with demonstrated experience and analytical skills who can work in a complex and dynamic environment. A person who has the ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing environment. Is able to proactively investigate and find resolution to customer issues in a timely manner then this is the right job for you.
You can get great satisfaction when you have assisted a customer with the best solutions after a difficult call.
Pros
Good discounts on energy bills
Cons
Long hours and lots of calls
working with in a team was a great experiance
learning to handle customer in a friendly manner

going to work was the most enjoyable part as i had made some really good friends and learnt new skills, the only part that was hard sometime was the difficult customers but most finished the call with a smile
Origin Energy is a good company to work for. The nature of the job ( call centre ) is stressful and fast pace but salary is ok plus you get a pay increase every year. You also get a insurance cover plus company stocks once you're a regular employee.
Good training and development
Good work culture

Lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Good teams

new innovative ideas are encouraged

Nice place to work
Salary must be higher and fixed for the field person. Need more training on sales. Need to provide transportation for employee to work on the field. More job security will give more efficient worker to the company.
Was a great place to work until high level management decision to outsource the whole of my department overseas. Great colleages and team environment with support from each level management
Pros
Free Fruit each day
Cons
Sometimes changed hours of operations
Poor leadership causing many issues like partiality based on race & whom you know.

Operating issue due to poor leadership , no value of education but only value if you know condabri miles boss

Condabri management is from operator back ground who cares about own family
Origin is a great place to have a work life balance. My time available for social and gym activities have been great while working here. There is no enforced hierarchy visible and the management is very approachable. Origin is traditional in its ways and I enjoy working here. The office and infrastructure is great and easy to get used to.
My experience working here was good because I learnt alot of skills and knowledge into the energy industry. It was a very professional environment. Managers and team leaders really looked after me in good and bad times to help develop my skills for further improvements. Salary was also increased to a reasonable amount
Great place to work with great incentives, positive, influential managers who help both in the moment and outside of work. Very happy group of people
Overall, in my time at Origin Energy it taught me a lot, I gained plenty of new skills however, the team leaders and management were appalling and the job itself sends your mental health down the drain. Only bonus of the job was the pay.
Working for Origin was fun as it was all based around a team environment with great incentives. We had massage chairs and access to free cereal and a coffee machine
How can I rate this company as you don’t have a negative rating
I did not enjoy working at origin

It was awful

They are red heads discriminative arrogant and

Racist angry people
Origin is a great place to work, great team leaders and constant support, there is however frequent changes can be implemented without prior notification
Pros
Great building with good facilities
Cons
KPI expectations
A very professional company to work for. The team unity is uplifting and supportive. A definite must if you are wanting to work for this company. Career advancement available and the education is excellent.
Pros
Free Lunches, Supportive mangement
Cons
Government involvement
Good company to work for. They were focused not only on results but also the people working in the company. They were very safety focused and cared for employees well being
Pros
Great focus on staff- great amenities
Cons
some processes very overbearing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Origin Energy. Our community is ready to answer.