Origin Energy Employee Reviews

Good For Career Progression
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2018
Origin was great in terms of being able to pick out the people that really shine and work hard and reward them for doing so. Their AHT skills/team games were great and I would like to work in a similar environment again.
Pros
free fruit and active team engagement
Cons
strict timing schedules
Great workplace
DELIVERY SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia30 October 2018
Origin is a great company to work for. They offer a balanced work and family life with working from home as an option where applicable.

They offer up-skilling, training and career development.

Origin pays well and offers great incentives including shares and cash bonuses.
Good workplace with not so great job security
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 October 2018
It's a great place to start your career and you get a lot of opportunity to progress. That being said, due to some bad investment decisions in the past, the company is always going through redundancy cycles.
Great environment to work in
LPG eAMS Maintenance Planner Australia (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 September 2018
Origin, is a fast paced working environment that constantly changes. There are many benefits with continual change but only if ithe change is in the right direction.
Very Productive and Innovative place to work
Senior Business Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2018
Origin Energy is a great place to start your career and be innovative around your thought process. The workplace has fun environment and there is definitely focus on your career development.
Good company to work with when we had our own Commissioning department.
Commissioning Lead (Former Employee) –  Surat QLD20 August 2018
The Commissioning Team was built into a tight, skilled, reliable group that never missed targets (except for weather conditions). The management and supervision was excellent and built a very strong safety culture and work ethic.
The 14 0n 14 0ff roster was ideal for my life balance.
Pros
Roster, bonus's, good camps, harmony before restructuring.
Cons
Long hours at times, the dismantling of the Commissioning Team.
Great company to work for
LPG delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW19 August 2018
Great company to work very safety conscious with great emphasis placed on customer satisfaction and commitment. Would recommend them to any perspective employee.
Pros
Lots of overtime. Supplied uniforms. Well maintained vehicles
Cons
Not long contracts
Time for a change
Complex Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 August 2018
I have had a excellent opportunity at Origin however, its time to try something new closer to home, this will allow me to have some much needed time with my family.
overall not a bad place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 August 2018
The company was supportive there were plenty of opportunities for advancement it was a good experience working there coworkers were also very supportive
Toxic management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 August 2018
The work itself was fine, and the pay decent. Lower/middle management, however, was toxic and bullying. Worst working experience of my life. Do not recommend.
Extractive Resource sector damages rural communities
Social Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 July 2018
I worked in the Social Performance & Communities team. This team was established to meet regulatory compliance. Once this was no longer a regulatory issue Origin made a decision that Social Performance and Stakeholder relations were no longer required as a specialised skill set.
In my seven years at Origin there was no commitment to create value in the communities which host their extractive activities.
Only about 6% of supply chain spend was spent on local or regional businesses and no targets for local employment numbers were ever set.
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Poor leadership
Good family values
Mechanical / Piping Comm. Technician (Former Employee) –  Queensland12 June 2018
Was only hired as construction contractor so very few entitlements / benefits. Was extremely help & understanding with a couple of family issues that arose during my time with them.
proactive training
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD21 May 2018
training without outside accreditation,good roster, shift work optional,able to live and work local,with transport provided.saftey was paramount with good back up from management
Pros
good roster
Cons
had too leave
No job security
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 April 2018
I loved the team I worked with while at Origin. I had a great boss and management team, but for the past two years Job Security has been non-existent.
good culture
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Reedy Creek QLD26 April 2018
there is a great family type culture amongst the team at reedy creek
the day consisted of monitoring the treatment plant. and dealing with any problems that would arrise during the day or night.the hardest thing would be night call outs
great training.
Pros
very close team
Cons
summer was really hot
Productive and fun workplace with excellent Workplace Health
Civil Inspector / QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Chincillla25 April 2018
Productive and fun workplace with excellent Workplace Health and safety policies.People and culture oriented organisation and paying well. Excellent Quality assurance and Quality Control Organisation.
Excellent Opportunity
Infrastructure & Campaign Works Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 April 2018
Working for Origin was a window into working within a mega project.
Fun, challenging, rewarding, stressful and an excellent learning opportunity......
I would be happy to work with this organisation again.
On Site Pipeline Engineer, Gas Gathering (Former Employee) –  Roma QLD19 April 2018
Interesting work in a challenging location. Knowledgeable colleagues and well resourced.
The organisation has excellent, documentation and work systems set up for high quality project management and contract adherence.
Pros
Accommodation and meals provided.
Cons
Long working week.
smaller regional office of larger eastern states corporation
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Perth WA19 March 2018
This company was one of the most challenging roles I'd ever had. All development was self development. No training on anything. I worked hard to teach myself to load seismic tape data. It was a valuable skill, however it took an extremely long time and when I was hired they knew it was not a skill I possessed, yet I was pressured to perform it in a short space of time, without training. However there were many great opportunities to learn new software and create my own systems and methods for working. I also got to help with the implementation of the very best data/information/document storage system I've seen in any corporation, before or since.
I eventually left, when corporate sloppiness (deliberate???) by HR led to me being hired (from a contract role, so still adding value and working for them really) one month after cut-off for annual bonuses. So at the end of 2 years working for them, I wasn't allowed a bonus, despite having added value for the entire previous 12 months... not even a pro-rata'd one. I spoke to HR in Brisbane, as well as my own office management and told them of my dissatisfaction. They lacked sympathy or the ability to think outside the box on corporate policy. So after giving thanks for their school of hard knocks teaching technique, I took another job.
Pros
great opportunity to learn self reliance, good small office morale
Cons
lack of support/training, poor treatment of staff by HR.
Challenging and enjoyable
Queensland Logistics Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Queensland3 March 2018
Working with vehicles no day is the same and each brings its own challenges.
Learnt further challenges between gas vehicles and fuel and preparing for repairs and servicing.
Work place culture and spotlight on safety was very professional and all personal were given ownership to this and there respective jobs.
Initially constant vehicle break downs call 24/7 but after initiating a R&M procedure this was reduce.
Most enjoyable was when drivers would thank myself and the team for the reliability and presentation of the vehicles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Origin Energy. Our community is ready to answer.