Origin Energy Employee Reviews

Land and Property Manager (West) (Former Employee) –  Roma QLD18 June 2019
Good company to work for. They were focused not only on results but also the people working in the company. They were very safety focused and cared for employees well being
Pros
Great focus on staff- great amenities
Cons
some processes very overbearing
Opportunities, Variety, Diversity
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 May 2019
When I started with Origin Energy as a Catering Facilitator I was responsible for looking after the entire catering supplies and meeting requests for approximately 500 people in the Brisbane office. This role involved ordering stock requirements for the kitchens, catering needs for meetings and booking meeting rooms. I progressed from the catering role to contracts administrator where I was responsible for managing the Service Agreements for contractors ensuring the correct contract governance reviews where undertaken and updated the applicable Certificate of Currency for the contractor's insurances. Processed requisitions, purchase orders and invoices. I was then given the opportunity to take on the role of a document controller with the APLNG project working within the Pipeline, Water Solutions and Gathering departments where I was responsible for managing Vendor and Project deliverable documentation. The three different positions I held during my 12 1/2 years with Origin enabled me to learn and develop my skills. I enjoyed a great working relationship with the various people I was fortunate to be working alongside. Origin is a company that is supportive of the communities and people they are situated in.
Pros
Given different opportunities within the company
Cons
Improved my skills
Productive and Fun workplace
Inbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 May 2019
Origin energy was a wonderful place to work.
Inclusive, diverse, motivating and driven are some of the words to best describe the working environment.
The support offered is fantastic, you will leave proud that you had worked there.
They are not nice with employees
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 May 2019
Team leaders are too bossy.they don't care if any employee is sick or upset all they keep telling employees that they want sales and targets achieved and they don't care if any employee is stressed or upset.Every other day employees are told there are going to be consequences if they don't achieve targets.
Managers or team leaders in Melbourne CBD are bossy. They yell at employees and make them feel worthless . Coaching and training provided by them is never useful
Pros
Cons
Incompetent managers, difficult and long working hours
Interesting working environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 May 2019
Good employer with multiple benefits
Need to be thick skinned to work in this industry
Flexible work arrangements
Annual leave and sick days covered
Company shares
Pros
Support and Training
Cons
Abusive customers
My daily duties
Quality Assurance Officer (Current Employee) –  Barangaroo NSW4 March 2019
My day starts with reporting and then resolving queries of the other departments related to trades and company strategies.
Moreover, liaise with different departments across the business.
Pros
already explained
Cons
already explained
Great people
Brisbane Central Control Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 February 2019
Great teams working together, means it is an enjoyable place to work.
Explore and appraise - Our exploration portfolio includes opportunities across Australia. Once we explore areas and find that natural gas is viable to produce, we focus on production of that source to supply to our customers.
Develop and produce - We operate onshore gas processing assets, and associated pipelines infrastructure and facilities across Australia.
Sell - Our commercial team plays an important role selling gas on domestic and international markets, acquiring resources when needed and optimally monetising our production from our operated and non-operated interests.
Good people at the coal face
Quality Advisor - APLNG Upstream (Former Employee) –  Surat Basin & China17 January 2019
A typical day at work could be insanely busy or fairly quiet. You never knew what challenges you would meet day to day.
In addition to my current qualifications i learnt a lot about Civil works as well as welding HDPE
Management constantly changed so it was difficult to build a relationship with much of the management although there were constant positions as well.
Workplace culture was great
Hardest part of the job was the constant rounds of redundancies and whether you were going to make the next cut.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Life work Balance
Cons
Job insecurity
Review of Origin Energy
Contract Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 January 2019
This is an excellent company anyone can join. Employees are great and very supportive. I worked here as an Oracle database administrator. Very nice company to work with.
A numbers company
HSE Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 November 2018
Really good people who work here, but being such a large company it's hard not to feel like a number. Their redundancies are harsh and their culture is tough. A good way to advance your career in a popular industry
Pros
Career opportunities, good people, strong safety culture
Cons
Large company, no personal touch
Good For Career Progression
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2018
Origin was great in terms of being able to pick out the people that really shine and work hard and reward them for doing so. Their AHT skills/team games were great and I would like to work in a similar environment again.
Pros
free fruit and active team engagement
Cons
strict timing schedules
Great workplace
DELIVERY SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia30 October 2018
Origin is a great company to work for. They offer a balanced work and family life with working from home as an option where applicable.

They offer up-skilling, training and career development.

Origin pays well and offers great incentives including shares and cash bonuses.
Good workplace with not so great job security
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 October 2018
It's a great place to start your career and you get a lot of opportunity to progress. That being said, due to some bad investment decisions in the past, the company is always going through redundancy cycles.
Great environment to work in
LPG eAMS Maintenance Planner Australia (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 September 2018
Origin, is a fast paced working environment that constantly changes. There are many benefits with continual change but only if ithe change is in the right direction.
Very Productive and Innovative place to work
Senior Business Solutions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2018
Origin Energy is a great place to start your career and be innovative around your thought process. The workplace has fun environment and there is definitely focus on your career development.
Good company to work with when we had our own Commissioning department.
Commissioning Lead (Former Employee) –  Surat QLD20 August 2018
The Commissioning Team was built into a tight, skilled, reliable group that never missed targets (except for weather conditions). The management and supervision was excellent and built a very strong safety culture and work ethic.
The 14 0n 14 0ff roster was ideal for my life balance.
Pros
Roster, bonus's, good camps, harmony before restructuring.
Cons
Long hours at times, the dismantling of the Commissioning Team.
Great company to work for
LPG delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW19 August 2018
Great company to work very safety conscious with great emphasis placed on customer satisfaction and commitment. Would recommend them to any perspective employee.
Pros
Lots of overtime. Supplied uniforms. Well maintained vehicles
Cons
Not long contracts
Time for a change
Complex Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 August 2018
I have had a excellent opportunity at Origin however, its time to try something new closer to home, this will allow me to have some much needed time with my family.
overall not a bad place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 August 2018
The company was supportive there were plenty of opportunities for advancement it was a good experience working there coworkers were also very supportive
Toxic management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 August 2018
The work itself was fine, and the pay decent. Lower/middle management, however, was toxic and bullying. Worst working experience of my life. Do not recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Origin Energy. Our community is ready to answer.