Oscar Wylee
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oscar Wylee Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
My time at Oscar Wylee was marred with false promises and no help from upper management. Consistently cut shifts when stores weren’t preforming. More focus on making money, rather than helping people with their eye sight. Little to no training at all, the lack of communication between management and staff was outstanding. Furthermore the lack of acceptance and accountability in regards to their “eye care for eye care program was abhorrent.

Avoid at all costs, thoroughly depressing and no room for improvement.

The accent group of optics.
Cons
My experience with this business has been pretty good so far. It is a company that is growing and expanding, with a great vibe. Good culture and great people to work with.
Pros
Free glasses. Good pay and bonus. Not a large amount of KPI's.
Cons
Run lean with staffing. Not at the forefront of Optometry in terms of equipment.
I worked with some nice employees through out my time at Oscar Wylee but saw employees bullied, belittled and back stabbed by the Manager of this store. Oscar Wylee need to look at their Management Staff as there are some huge issues through out staff in this area. The amount of complaints regarding the Manager was embarrassing.
Pros
Free glasses
Cons
Manager was a bully
Good culture, upper management listen to feedback and provide support.
Have handled Jobkeeper and Jobseeker efficiently.

Flexibility with hours

Great retail teams and supportive people
Pros
Flexibility, culture and openness
Cons
Systems
I was bullied and be little by a store manager and NOTHING was done. It was turned around to make me feel like it was all me "being sensitive" I had the responsibility of ALL the managers tasks and to take care of the team. Everyone in upper management are backstabbing, false talk rubbish. No support and BAD culture.
I have nothing at all good to report about this company unfortunately. Head office are rude, store management micro manage, never had such a miserable job in all my life and now I regret leaving a good job for a terrible one
It depends on which stores you work at but almost all are very relaxed, but you are expected to be able to work at a fast pace which makes it fun and exciting for everyone.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts
Disorganised management, no open communication, lots of gossiping and work bullying that management ignores. Reaching out to HR did nothing after I experienced bullying from a manager.
Management was poor on all accounts, did not develop in my skills as training was insufficient. No support from management and bad communication. No culture, just all about money. Disappointing.
This company is very money driven and only care about meeting targets and making sales. There is little to no regard to their staff with management and store managers treating their staff like they're nothing. Company has removed ALL incentives and provide no motivation or encouragement for staff members to perform to the level that they expect.

Manager was verbally abusive and would make you feel extremely guilty for wanting to take time off or when a sick day was required to be taken. I'm not sure how that creates an enjoyable and cooperative workplace culture, but Oscar Wylee definitely does not oversee a lot of these things.
Cons
Lack of support, no contact with upper management, no incentives
If you liked to be micro managed, this is your place. If you like to be pushed 24/7, this is your stage.
The team is very good, but the management is poor! They only care about money.
Pros
Lovely retail team
Cons
Not optical professional, lack of management, money orientated