Oxfam Employee Reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 1,781 reviews
poor management
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 November 2018
Is better to know a bit more about this company before you are getting this job.

Is good that you will get to see different people everyday, but most of the people will say "NO" to you and at the end of the week if you can't reach your targets they will fire you.

Almost everyday you will get to work in different location and it could be really far away sometimes, such as 2 hrs from train.

This job can be very fun sometimes, but same time can be very stressful. Such as if they put you in a bad location to work on that day but they still expect you can reach the targets.
Pros
Get to meet different people
Cons
the company does not having a very good management
productive and fun workplace with great team members.
Sales representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  cardiff20 April 2018
A typical day at work; with nice corporate culture. Fast paced, fun workplace but highly productive. the most enjoyable thing at the workplace is the team i worked with.
Amazing volunteers
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Fremantle WA8 October 2017
The Oxfam store in Fremantle is filled with amazing volunteers who are truly passionate about their roles and about creating global change the in fight against poverty.
Fun Workplace
Volunteering at Oxfam Retail Store (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC28 July 2017
The people I worked with were very lovely and helpful. I learn a lot of new skills with lots of retail experience. I really felt I was part of the a company that was making a difference.
I enjoyed working for the company
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 December 2016
I enjoyed doing volunteering with them, they gave me the experience i needed operating a forklift and was about to move around and do different jobs within the warehouse and admin.
During christmas I was pretty much flat chat with pick and packing of orders, I was also working in Admin organising paperwork and data entry. plus i was helping out with dispatch and receiving, Quality Control and general housekeeping duties.

Co workers were great to work with and we all got along
Pros
free lunches, christmas hampers and product testers
Cons
Work for a place that loves everyone
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Vic20 September 2016
My job was with an Oxfam Shop in Australia and entailed sales, customer service, cash handling, unpacking, merchandising, restocking, cleaning, banking, stock control, receipting of goods etc.

As with all work who you work with can change the atmosphere but for the most part it was an incredibly lovely job to be in, great co-workers, great customers and overall everyday you do feel like you're doing something positive for other people.
Pros
Store discounts (between 10-25% depending on item type)
Cons
Hours can vary greatly, no real ability to advance
Interacting with Colleagues, Writing Emails, Attending Meetings
South Asia Funding Coordinator, Melbourne (Current Employee) –  Melbourne13 January 2015
A typical day at Oxfam is usually interesting with new learning and experience. There is so much to read and analyse based on organizational experience of implementing development programs and projects in different parts of the globe. The work environment is flexible and there is a culture of mutual respect and understanding. Its always inspirational to meet colleagues and chat on personal and professional matters.
Pros
new learning, fun chats, new aspirations
Cons
funding cuts resulting in reduction of programs
effective and efficient workplace
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oxfam shop, hay street, perth1 September 2014
I work as a sales assistant, service cashier and store merchandising.
Bookshop Assistant Lots of Freedom
Bookshop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, Australia6 January 2014
My average day was stocking, pricing, and doing cashouts. I learned the skills required to work independently and without instruction.
Non for profit organisation with great work culture
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremantle, WA1 January 2014
Oxfam is a fantastic place to work for with fantastic community projects that make a true difference in peoples lives. It is a pleasure to work for such a company.
Pros
We know we make a difference with everything we sell
Cons
not advertised enough