OZ Minerals
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

OZ Minerals Employee Reviews

Excellent family friendly atmosphere, technologically adept and flexibility for me to work from home when i needed to. As a contractor i would have liked to continue with them but it wasnt to be.
A great place with great people and culture. Lives up to the modern mining company motto. Flexible work arrangements with focus on outcomes rather than time.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Very professional and great values and they look after their people. A lot of effort has been put on safe work culture in all of their operations. The work itself is very challenging it requires a lot brain power and energies, paramount, safety and it is quite satisfying when these efforts paid off at the end of the day.
Good site, great team of people I've work along side but the biggest let down were some in the middle management sector, the positives were being able to tackle my workload early therefore finishing earlier to cope with the long hot summer months. Food wasn't bad, camp was good and clean.
Pros
Decent gym expansion.
Cons
Middle management hard to deal with.
Probably the best company I’ve worked for and a job I am happy with apart from working for transfield services prior to starting at prominent hill. Great roster 8/6 7/7. Working at prominent hill help me grow as a person bringing me out of my shell. A bigger look on safety in the Work place and everyday living. Met a lot of great people which makes working away from family and friends a little bit easier.
Pros
Excellent money, great roster, food supplied, good culture, safe working environment, friendly people, rewarding
Cons
Working away from loved ones
They helped in all ways,they had vey good management in engineering and safety.Looked after ball personell great camp conditions.Supplied all equipment and tooling for the job
Oz Minerals has been a pretty nice place to work for me. The camp is excellent as are the work offices and equipment. Job security has been an issue over the last few years due to the mining downturn forcing us to become more efficient at the cost of many jobs. Most of the management are also pretty good to work with with the usual few exceptions.
FIFO is a harsh way to earn a living. Away from family and friends.Co-workers are friendly but it is very hard to deal with when someone leaves or is made redundant. Interaction with other workers and stakeholders was the best part of the job. Management was also quite easy to get along with.
Pros
free meals and accomadation
Cons
away from home
I worked for OZM for over 7 years and thoroughly enjoyed the ability to move within the company, both by my own volition and with encouragement from Management
Pros
FIFO Lifestyle, Excellent Management, Travel Team was actually a Team
OZ Minerals is an Australian based modern mining company focused on copper. OZ Minerals has operations and advanced development projects in South Australia with exploration projects in North, South and Central America, the Carribean and experience in Asia and Africa. OZ Minerals was formed through a merger between Oxiana Ltd and Zinifex Ltd in June 2008. The business was severely and adversely affected during the Global Financial Crisis and this position has been transformed through strong leadership and rigorous commercial discipline.