Ozcare Employee Reviews

workplace
Assistant in Nursing (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD13 February 2018
It was ok to work there the client and family was nice and staff was nice. workplace culture was good work was good you got to learned more about client and family on how to help them
Pros
45min for lunch
Cons
38 hr week
A physically and mentally challenging workplace.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Currimundi QLD24 May 2017
A typical day starts with waiting in line to sign on as staff finishing their shift are signing off. Staff can be allocated to work anywhere in the facility. The hardest part of the job is not knowing who I am working with and dealing with difficult staff personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a smile and appreciation. Importantly, but sadly this is mostly from the residents I assist, occasionally from the supervisor and at no time from management.
Pros
The positive feedback from those I assist leaves me feeling my services are welcomed and valued.
Cons
Lack of positive feedback from managerment.
Nursing
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Douglas QLD23 May 2017
I have been working with Ozcare for many years as well as shift work at two regional hospitals.
I am a conscientious and dedicated individual with a passion for nursing and a commitment to providing the highest quality of care to the elderly and people with a disability.
Working on various assignments has allowed me to develop and demonstrate my ability to adapt quickly to new environments and communicate effectively with a diverse range of colleagues and health professionals. I get along well with others and work productively in a team environment.
Very plesent.dayle chsnchrrs
Head Chef / Manager.superviser (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 May 2017
Working st oz.care men's hostel and prisoner release centre

Was very for filling knowing that this centre offers food and accommodated for people less fortunate was very rewarding
Pros
Free lunches.s chance to pass on some life skills
Cons
Working there had a dsnagres side
varied clients and job descriptions
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island2 February 2017
I liked the fact that the job and clients varied and the time spent with each client could be 15 mins to several hours. I learned a lot from the clients themselves, they would advise me how they liked things done and what they expected for the time you were allocated. I enjoyed taking to all the different types of people I came in contact with and sometimes found it hard to stay on schedule. Sometimes the jobs were close together and at other times there was a fair bit of driving involved, which I enjoyed. I learned that even the grumpiest client could be nice just by showing some respect and compassion.
Pros
Loved the clients and the varied jobs.
Cons
back-up from office, sometimes needed to call serveral times for advise
learnt alot
Supportworker (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD28 January 2017
It helped with dealing with different people from different backgrounds, with mental health problems. I wouldn't work there again, because their power over clients was to much
Pros
free lunc and dinner
Cons
hours all over the place
the time i was with oz
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD6 September 2016
over the five years I work with oz care I found the to be very caring towards their clients as they were very supportive of there working staff they had good communication
Pros
the staff bbqs
Cons
long hours on country runs
most days was fun
Assisting residents (Current Employee) –  Noosa Heads QLD24 August 2016
waking the clients and dealing with their daily care needs
I enjoyed my job
Management were good most of the time and helpful
co-works were fantastic to work with
losing the client
seeing the clients happy
Pros
BBQs
Cons
unsuitable hours for familys
did not work in the office. In Home Support workers complete their duties in clients homes
In Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD3 June 2016
The best part of the job is being able to assist people who need help in their everyday lives. The clients usually need assistance with cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
Pros
seeing the clients
Cons
not enough hours given
I enjoy working in the Community Care program
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD2 May 2016
No day is the same, you have can good & bad days with clients. Amazing co workers. You work on your own but are part of a team. For me I get satisfaction knowing I have made someone happy with the service that we can provide.
Pros
Salary sacrifice options
Cons
Hours can vary
Was privileged to be apart of an awesome team and co-workers. We were offered a competitive Salary Packaging services.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD11 April 2016
I was the Office Manager and along with my team, we provided support to other services within the organisation. On a daily basis, it was important to prioritise and communicate with eachother to achieve our goals. I learnt to delegate more and recognise the importance of upskilling my team. The hardest part of my job was recognising the importance of not taking on too much. Everyday was different, some good and others challenging. I thrive on challenges and multi-tasking, I try to bring the best out of people and not afraid to think outside the box.
Pros
Hours were good and Company recognised your achievements
Great Organisation to work for
In Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD17 February 2016
A rewarding day to day job, looking after people and brightening up their day. A typical day is delivering Personal Hygiene, Cleaning and Outings to Elderly Clients in their own home. Management are always encouraging and I always got on with my co-workers. I have learned to accept all walks of life. The hardest part of the job was losing Clients that you get to know over time. Most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on their faces and knowing that I have made a small difference to their day.
Great company to work for
care worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD7 January 2016
Start work in the morning to go and either shower clients or give them their medications. Often have a domestic to do or social support and take them to appointements or shopping. Often have a respite day.
Pros
enjoyable company
Cons
Not enough hours
Exceptional staff, supportive and caring of colleagues and residents
Administration Officer - Temporary Position (Former Employee) –  Port Douglas, QLD4 January 2016
I highly recommend working at Ozcare Port Douglas. The facility is well run, organized and genuinely cares about it's staff, and, most importantly, its residents.
Pros
Always someone to turn to when you need help.
good work place
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Townsville, QLD31 July 2015
Working at Ozcare has always been a good experience with the provision of learning opportunities. Co`workers and management also do provide adequate support and guidance thereby leading to a good working enviroment.
Pros
tea snacks are available
Cons
stress at times
Team and environment are good. Management could be better.
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clontarf, QLD15 July 2015
Serve , cook and clean for the residents. Caring for the residents and their families. Looking after and talking to the residents is very rewarding.
Friendly staff working out of a good centre
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  North Lakes Qld9 June 2015
Start day with own or company car to visit various homes to assist is a variety of ways eg showers.
Polite fellow staff
Friendly clients
Taking clients to shops or hospital appointments
OZcare Staff Member
AIN (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 June 2015
A day at work was really good, I was a casual worker, asked to become a permeate worker, management, was ok could have been done better. lack of communication between management and staff. Could hardly have a personal life cause I did not know when I would be called.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of communication
Unapproachable & Untrained managers, heavy work load,
In Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chermside, QLD11 November 2014
Working at this company was the worst year of my life.
When the heavy work load and stress got to much for me, I tried to approach my managers on many occasions to voice my concerns. The only reply I received was a blunt 'whatever' when I told my mangers about the stress and not being able to cope.

The reply I got from my managers put me off a job that I loved and found very rewarding.

After no action taken by my managers, a few weeks later I had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I was subsequently fired because of this.
My two managers sat in a room with me and watched me cry trying to explain my concerns with no empathy and then walked away while I tried to talk to them about the steps I had taken to get better.

Oz Care need to train their managers on how to deal with staff and more importantly, other human beings. Just promoting people from the field isn't good enough.
Pros
The clients
Cons
workload, horrible managers
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa21 October 2014
Productive and fun workplace. I learnt so much. Enjoyed going to work each day. I would have liked to have been given more hours.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not enough hours