Ozcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ozcare Employee Reviews

Australia49 reviews
New top management totally destroyed what a wonderful place to work. No idea what the residents wanted, staff were faced with cut backs and many left because they could not work or such reduced services.
Things like manager walking along the corridors until she found a staff member to tell her to go and pick up a tissue on the floor in the dining area. Staff felt belittled and not valued. Staff were very concerned about the cuts that the management was making in relation to the safety and comfort of residents
Ozcare is a professional outfit. Lots of at work training which you get paid for. Good working environment. Good pay. Way better than working for St. Vinnies ( who are the opposite).
Pros
Good regular hours and roster
Cons
Long meetings.
Excellent,if I wasn't needed to help with my daughter I would still need working there,nursing and carers were all excellent to work with and miss all of them greatly.I think ozcare is one of the most rewarding and happy place to work.managment akso very fair and easy to talk to.
Pros
Exellent packages and benifits.
Cons
Nil
As a boss you have 2 choices, walk into work and be a mentor or a c. She chooses to be a c. 2 women who have completely ruined the company. They charge the clients travel klms but staff do not receive travel klms until after 20klms in your car. They pocket that. So incredibly unprofessional, 2 women. 2 bullies. Currently being investigated with recordings from staff. Never worked for such a vile company.
Too much hierarchy. Management only care about money, not clients. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Officer manager rude. Many staff 2 faced. Managers of some programs back stab their staff.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Horrible management
A day at work can be fun and intresting,New client means new info and sometimes can be from diferrent background,sitituation , diet and ellergy.At workplace staff ,coworker are friendly and teamwork is a motto with Ozcare.
Ozcare will help in anyway they can to work around you and your family commitments. It's 24 hr facility so there's plenty of shifts to choose from. It doesn't matter how busy it can get you will always find time to have a chat with a resident. You can learn so much from working in aged care and you can always move forward with a career in nursing or similar.
Friendly staff , Cooperative and easy to work with , and few courses are introduce to better job security , good salary rate . Company take serious respond on staff that get sick during working or on duty . More options on job security and working hours.
Working at Ozcare gave me a life experience I will never forget. It really changed how I viewed life outside and myself. Empathy and compassion will take you far in this line of work. Patience and understanding is all that is required for an excellent shift.
A lot of house cleaning. Not every client likes the same thing. Management say they will do things to improve things but don't. Clicky staff that if they don't like you they will push you out. Sometimes just speaking to office staff that have no idea what is going on. The clients are the best part of the day/
Pros
clients
Cons
split shifts
As a new facility there are teething problems. As I went from volunteer to casual paid staff, shifts became non existent or sporadic. Nurses and carers where overloaded and understaffed and management paid no heed to staff quitting because of this.
there are alot of issues needed to be looked at in aged care and it is not just the care of the residents. Staff ratio per residents is a big issue that needs to be looked at by all concerned
If you have a incompetent manager, who puts her career above the clients well being! Ignores drug use for graduation numbers! Didn't pass on the multiple complaints from staff and clients to head office, to cover herself and lied to get rid of dedicated staff who challenged her!
Employed her very young, unqualified friend. Who had no experience in the field of recovery! Of which all the complaints were about. Very innopropiate behaviour that has ruined the reputation of the facility and blames others!!!!
Pros
Great service, dishonest manager
Cons
Not truthful
It's like you're a lower denominator, if you work in the field as a care assistant. It's one rule for the team in the office, and another for those who work in the field. The office is not a fun and friendly place the environment is very quiet and busy. The staff in the field have no chance of career advancement.
Pros
If you're lucky you get to drive an ozcare car.
Cons
Hours are up and down and all over the place.
working for them was good down fall wear and tear on you,RE car good side you worked on you<re own but your hours were changed due to cancel of clients which was out of there control but made it less hours of work and pay as u could loss two in one day
Pros
working alone
Cons
hours can be changed at a drop of a hat
Enjoyed working with the clients, friendly environment. There were some minor issues with staff, mainly with Registered Nurses that were new, but I guess that can happen any where.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Clients can be abusive, due to medical conditions
It was ok to work there the client and family was nice and staff was nice. workplace culture was good work was good you got to learned more about client and family on how to help them
Pros
45min for lunch
Cons
38 hr week
I enjoyed working here, but there is no time to actually talk to the residents only while you are busy working with them. I broke my foot after 1mth.
A typical day starts with waiting in line to sign on as staff finishing their shift are signing off. Staff can be allocated to work anywhere in the facility. The hardest part of the job is not knowing who I am working with and dealing with difficult staff personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a smile and appreciation. Importantly, but sadly this is mostly from the residents I assist, occasionally from the supervisor and at no time from management.
Pros
The positive feedback from those I assist leaves me feeling my services are welcomed and valued.
Cons
Lack of positive feedback from managerment.
I have been working with Ozcare for many years as well as shift work at two regional hospitals.
I am a conscientious and dedicated individual with a passion for nursing and a commitment to providing the highest quality of care to the elderly and people with a disability.

Working on various assignments has allowed me to develop and demonstrate my ability to adapt quickly to new environments and communicate effectively with a diverse range of colleagues and health professionals. I get along well with others and work productively in a team environment.
Working st oz.care men's hostel and prisoner release centre

Was very for filling knowing that this centre offers food and accommodated for people less fortunate was very rewarding
Pros
Free lunches.s chance to pass on some life skills
Cons
Working there had a dsnagres side