Ozcare

Ozcare Employee Reviews

Australia59 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Great job bad management

As long as you keep your head down and don’t say anything you’re fine. Management is rude and confrontational making the staff turn over ridiculous. In saying this there are so many shifts available you can pick when you want to work and there is always work available. In saying that there is never enough staff to get jobs done in a safe timely manner and you’re always in a rush. As a student they are good at letting you get time off for placements and studying.. I would say join a union so you know your rights, go in for the residents and don’t expect a lot of help because often there’s no time.

Pros

Rewarding to help elderly. Benefits are good (salary sacrifice). Good for students.

Cons

Never enough staff, Very negative workplace and environment, management seem to be rude and confrontational unless they want something from you, Lack of communication.

Terrible, Even as Aged Care Facilities Go

Working at Ozcare you will almost always be understaffed and not supported in your role. Management are sometimes good people, but all are focused on increasing profitability, so hours are always cut and workers are understaffed.

Toxic

Bullying environment. Not a caring environment considering they are supposed to care about their clients and their staff. You can't complain about anything and if you do you get your hours cut back to teach you a lesson to keep your mouth shut!!!!!!

Great opportunity to learn new roles

Always different experience s lots of training opportunities, close to home,all jobs were 15 minutes travel time apart, paid for travel inbetween jobs and fuel allowance

Pros

Paid for everything

Cons

Nil

Good supportive workplace

Great variety of work and clients. Positive supportive team. Work flexibility, supportive management team. Good roster. Variety of clients very appreciative of all that you do

Pros

Staff and clients

Poorly ran....you don't even know your clients.

RN's refuses to see Clients because they smell....your staff are providing the personal care!!! You've got so many clients, you don't even have time to meet them, but happy to take their $$$

Pros

Cons

None...it's toxic

Dead end job, us and them culture.

At Ozcare it is a them and us culture. The staff in the field are not treated with dignity and respect. You are not made to feel welcome in the office by all the staff.

Pros

If youre a favourite with the Boss, you'll be treated well.

Cons

You'll get clients that are a bad fit.

A lot of cleaning

Love cleaning? Love looking after complex clients for respite? Love not getting paid proper casual wages for public holidays? Then this is the company for you. If you don’t agree to work extra hours they cut your hours drastically on the pretence that full time staff haven’t taken leave. Most clients are amicable but there are those that are difficult and you will be kept being sent back there. Only yes people will survive in this job. It is mentally and physically draining especially cleaning on hot humid days. You may be lucky if you get a unpaid half hour break, usually a 10 minute paid break, but if you’re running late you drive to the next client through your paid break to catch up. You have been warned.If you work a public holiday you will be paid the same lower rate as a permanent staff member, no casual loading if you are a casual due to their EBA.

Pros

Not in an office

Cons

Hours will be cut if you’re not agreeable

There is no teamwork

Toxic work environment and hardly any work hours.There is no team work, or apprieciation. Constantly monitored and they keep hiring new staff, so hours get less and less.When i resigned, i got abused over the phone for leaving, but i could no longer afford to work for them.

Pros

May be lucky enough to drive an ozcare car

Cons

Not enough hours

Great place to work for

I absolutely loved working for the company it was good very fast pace that quite enjoyable and rewarding. The management was very understanding and family friendly which was fantastic. Hardest part was meeting the requirements to and from clients places because of traffic so you never knew exactly what time you were going to finish or arrive there

work experience

I have had experience in aged care but wish to have a more suitable full time position. I have learnt alot in this sector with 2 man jobs also. I needed a change from the cleaning that started to escalate and the too much driving I had experienced with lots of waiting times.

Very good employers. Well paid and organised.Had 8 happy years there

Ozcare is a professional outfit. Lots of at work training which you get paid for. Good working environment. Good pay. Way better than working for St. Vinnies ( who are the opposite).

Pros

Good regular hours and roster

Cons

Long meetings.

Excellent

Excellent,if I wasn't needed to help with my daughter I would still need working there,nursing and carers were all excellent to work with and miss all of them greatly.I think ozcare is one of the most rewarding and happy place to work.managment akso very fair and easy to talk to.

Pros

Exellent packages and benifits.

Cons

Nil

Horrible company ozcare nocare

Too much hierarchy. Management only care about money, not clients. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Officer manager rude. Many staff 2 faced. Managers of some programs back stab their staff.

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Horrible management

productive and fun

A day at work can be fun and intresting,New client means new info and sometimes can be from diferrent background,sitituation , diet and ellergy.At workplace staff ,coworker are friendly and teamwork is a motto with Ozcare.

Good work/life balance

Ozcare will help in anyway they can to work around you and your family commitments. It's 24 hr facility so there's plenty of shifts to choose from. It doesn't matter how busy it can get you will always find time to have a chat with a resident. You can learn so much from working in aged care and you can always move forward with a career in nursing or similar.

Great place until Management changed

New top management totally destroyed what a wonderful place to work. No idea what the residents wanted, staff were faced with cut backs and many left because they could not work or such reduced services. Things like manager walking along the corridors until she found a staff member to tell her to go and pick up a tissue on the floor in the dining area. Staff felt belittled and not valued. Staff were very concerned about the cuts that the management was making in relation to the safety and comfort of residents

Productive,Fun workplace.

Friendly staff , Cooperative and easy to work with , and few courses are introduce to better job security , good salary rate . Company take serious respond on staff that get sick during working or on duty . More options on job security and working hours.

Fun

Working at Ozcare gave me a life experience I will never forget. It really changed how I viewed life outside and myself. Empathy and compassion will take you far in this line of work. Patience and understanding is all that is required for an excellent shift.

there are better service providers

A lot of house cleaning. Not every client likes the same thing. Management say they will do things to improve things but don't. Clicky staff that if they don't like you they will push you out. Sometimes just speaking to office staff that have no idea what is going on. The clients are the best part of the day/

Pros

clients

Cons

split shifts

Understaffed and Under Managed

As a new facility there are teething problems. As I went from volunteer to casual paid staff, shifts became non existent or sporadic. Nurses and carers where overloaded and understaffed and management paid no heed to staff quitting because of this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ozcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ozcare with

• Ozcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?